[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SFV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: streetfighterV.jpg (49 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
streetfighterV.jpg
49 KB, 460x215
Now is the time to pick up this bad boy with a few friends lads.

Street Fighter V thread
>>
I'd previously played it at friends' places and conventions, just bought it on sale.

Picked Alex because muh 3rd Strike, got bodied several times, picked up Nash and started winning, then just checked and saw he's essentially the best character in the game and I'm now feeling bad for unintentional tier whoring.
>>
>>343585964
Ye lad
>>
>tfw no donkey kick
>tfw game is too slow to effectively do mix up game like i did withvryu in 3rd strike
>tfw no ryu

at least there is Ibuki now, and i guess cammy who I have no idea how to play
>>
>stuck in arizona
>can't play sfv until i get back
>can't play balrog and ibuki until i get back

Someone kill me.
>>
No it's still cuckshit
>>
>>343586705
Ryu never been so good, he has other tools
>>
>>343586884
I kicked ass playing an offensive ryu in third strike. I skipped 4. i actually thought I was going to do good in this game when i had a 8 win streak on my first day, but then hit bronze and am getting whooped by nashes and karins.
>>
>>343585964
It's honestly okay to pick a top tier like Chun, Nash, or Ryu in this game because their strength comes from how oppressive their neutral options are. You don't win with heavy gimmicks and oki like Mika or Rashid might, you win with fundamentals that are magnified by your character's strengths.

Also, don't give up on Alex so early. He's low tier, but he's plenty explosive (being a grappler) and has the solid options enough to take matches against better characters. He has multiple top 16 finishes at Capcom Pro Tour events.
>>
>>343585964
Just pick a top tier

t. Noel
>>
GameStop's doing a buy 2 get 1 free thing and I'm thinking of picking up this, The Witcher, and something else for PS4

I'm not sure what the third game will be but I guess I better make up my mind by tomorrow
>>
>>343587792

My biggest complaint with Alex has mostly been about how seemingly random his command grab distance ends up being. Half the time I'm right next to the other guy and the power bomb doesn't grab, or sometimes I'll be about 4 feet apart and get the grab perfectly.

I'm still working on him, but he's brought me much less success than Nash.
>>
>>343588174
you know light and ex go the farthest right?

best time to grab is immediately after flash chop
>>
>>343584964
>Now is the time to pick up this bad boy

Not until they add a single player ladder that has been standard in the genre for 30 years.
>>
>>343589056
>wanting to play against ai this badly

Just play survival mode :^)
>>
>>343588612

I know that much, but it just seems that even my light/ex grabs have a 50/50 chance of connecting even within the supposed range.

Guess I'll just keep practicing.
>>
Disregard OP's shilling.
Wait until next year, at least.
Loading/transitioning/queue times are atrocious and the netcode is garbage.
Also, muh 8 frames.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.