[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we take a moment and talk about how fucking awful the fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: TheScarecrow-Arkham_Knight.jpg (130 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
TheScarecrow-Arkham_Knight.jpg
130 KB, 960x960
Can we take a moment and talk about how fucking awful the fucking plot to this game was>

>stop Scarecrow's gas from poisoning entire East Coast
>stop scarecrows's cloudburst 1
>create cure with magic Ivy spours for cloudburst 2
>all recruited main villains are just dicking around town doing small time shit like robbing banks and shit
>trust Gordon enough to let him shoot you in the emblem
>fail to kill anyone
>"HURRRR BATMAN JUST AS I PLANNED IT! SOMETHING SOMETHING FEAR!"
>ends with him getting blasted by his own toxin and sperging the fuck out

In all seriousness, is Scarecrow actually Autistic? Like what the fuck was even the point, and who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to give him billions of dollars?
>>
File: chickenshit_fatfuck.jpg (234 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
chickenshit_fatfuck.jpg
234 KB, 600x900
>>343582875
eventually
>>
PLEASE DON'T SEND ME A COMPLETELY NEW BATMOBILE UNTIL I'VE POISONED MYSELF

I NEED TO STEP INTO THE GAS
>>
File: 1410357440221.jpg (117 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1410357440221.jpg
117 KB, 550x550
How the fuck did he know Batman saw Barbara shoot herself while under his fear gas hallucination?

Also didin't the game say Scarecrow is immune to his own toxin? How did it affect him at the end?
>>
I wish Paul Dini wrote the story instead of Sefton Hill and Geoff Johns.
>>
File: hityousohard.jpg (31 KB, 390x488) Image search: [Google]
hityousohard.jpg
31 KB, 390x488
>>343582875

Every story in the Arkham series seems to be about Batman's pride and the villains attempt to bring him down ''psychologically." And he falls for it everytime. I mean, he overcomes them, but only because of plot armor.

I do still love these games though. I like to think of them as Legend of Zelda: Batman edition.
>>
>>343583338
Holy shit this part made me so fucking mad. It's literally like the writers were fucking high writing this shit.

>>343583362
I guess it's implied that he had some super duper serum that he was hiding.

>>343583614
Arkham City actually made sense though the way they did it. Arkham Knight was like Batman going up against and edgy teenager getting progressively buttmad through the game, but desperately trying to cover it up.
>>
File: Red_Hood-Arkhamverse.jpg (534 KB, 1280x1765) Image search: [Google]
Red_Hood-Arkhamverse.jpg
534 KB, 1280x1765
>I'LL KILL YOU BATMAN!
>Batman, "No, don't."
>okie dokie
>>
>>343583586
I heard Rocksteady didn't hire Dini again since "fans" didn't like Arkham City's story.

These are likely the same people who liked Origin's plot the best.
>>
>>343585108
The story was fine except for killing off the Joker.

Now don't get me wrong, they were pushing him too hard. He's even my favorite villain to see Bats go up against because of Hammil and just his whole polar opposite thing to Bats, but they still overused him. Killing him off just meant they either A) had to ignore Batmans most iconic villain, or B) find a way to shoehorn him in. Sure I liked the idea of Joker inside Batmans head, but what was the reason to killing him off at all in doing that? They could have easily just had him locked up in some serious Batman designed cell where you visit him once in a while to interrogate or get info.

Killing Joker off also just seemed to make all sort of stupid problems. Batman feeling all emo over Jokers death and not even bothering to think of Talia or anything else. Sure he'd be bummed Joker ended up dead but he wouldn't neglect everything else.

City was great but I think some of things from it seeped into AK and made it worse, even though not intentionally. Like I said killing off Joker was meant to give other villains the limelight, but it ended up doing the exact opposite. Then you have all the Batmobile shit taking up half the game and it just was a huge mess of ideas that didn't mesh well at all compared to Asylum or City.
>>
>>343584101
>spend years planning revenge
>"You don't want to do this"
>"Well, I guess you're right Batman. Bye"
>>
>>343585108
The writing of City was good, but the plot was crap.
>>
>>343586079
I think they always intended to have their trilogy based around Joker. After all, he is the the most popular villain that would draw in the most interest i.e. sales.

And to be fair the whole thing with Bruce hallucinating Joker all the time was cause he was injected with the toxin in AC. I guess they thought carrying that plotline would make Joker fit in naturally into a third game even when they killed him off in AC.

I do wonder what Dini would've done with Knight though.
>>
Even though I love the Arkham series and it will forever remain among my favorites, I do find it unfortunate that they chose the approach they did.

Asylum
>wow this is cool can you imagine this in a bigger overworld

>City
Make it bigger

>Origins
MAKE IT BIGGAR

>Knight
We probably coulda made it bigger...
>>
>>343586620
The plot was good but the execution wasn't done too well. The whole idea of Strange spearheading a prison city but needing Ra's resources to do it wasn't that bad imo. Plus the Joker and Batman slowly dying over the course of the game made the stakes higher.

The problem was they had to naturally incorporate all the villains into the game so the concept of an enclosed prison city was the only way to go.
>>
>>343587103
It was a natural progression of the series m8. If they re-did Asylum, people would call it a rehash. Besides, Batman has such a rich universe that making sequels without more villains, gadgets, Gotham City, the Batmobile, etc. wouldn't do justice to the character.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.