[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Developed by 8 people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Super_Mario_Bros._3_coverart.png (108 KB, 256x351) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_Bros._3_coverart.png
108 KB, 256x351
It took only 8 fucking Japs to make this thing.
How did they do that?
>>
It's not hard all you have to do is pay 8 people for a while but companies won't do that to have them make small good games no it has to be some million dollar megashit.
>>
File: team-meat.jpg (84 KB, 580x698) Image search: [Google]
team-meat.jpg
84 KB, 580x698
super meat boy is better and only took 2 people
>>
File: 1451708770243.jpg (152 KB, 818x503) Image search: [Google]
1451708770243.jpg
152 KB, 818x503
>>343581674
>super meat boy is better
>>
It wasn't that good, desu
>>
>>343581324
Who gives a shit? SMW was better in literally every way.
>>
>>343581674
super meat boy did one thing well, and that was the music

the game itself was the very definition of a derivative, bland looking, creatively empty game, literally one visual gimmick

I'm not saying its not worth playing, only that someone who compares it favorably to past platformers has to be 14 years old or a sputtering retard
>>
And minecraft only took 1
checkmate
>>
>>343582048
>fly over every stage: the game
>it's better
>>
It's a simple 2D platformer, it's not like Overwatch where it would takes hundreds of fucking people.
>>
>>343582048
Youre aware that SM3 and SMW came out on different systems, yes? SM3 was a great game.
>>
Star Fox Zero have over 140 people

previous games were under 40
>>
>>343582437
How many people took it to make smw and how long did they take?
Just curious
>>
File: trey-and-matt2.jpg (159 KB, 1089x1200) Image search: [Google]
trey-and-matt2.jpg
159 KB, 1089x1200
>>343581674

>Super Meat Boy

>Better than fucking Super Mario Bros. 3

if this isn't bait you should seriously consider suicide

Also, that picture is a complete rip off of something Trey Parker and Matt Stone did 20 years ago
>>
>>343582383
Way harder to make a game in assembly than a pre made engine with a sandbox editor
>>
>>343583130

pretty sure SMW was 12
>>
>>343582368

Both games can be skipped in some way. You've got the whistles in SMB3 as well. All it takes is collecting two and you're in world 8.

Most Mario games have some sort of mechanic which allows you to skip over mostly everything. Ironically enough they mitigated this in later games like SMB64, where you're required to collect a certain amount of stars to proceed.
>>
>>343583161
>every professional picture of 2 people is a rip off of Trey Parker/Marr Stone
>>
>>343581324
No 3d modeling required.
>>
>>343583437
>implying glitch/speedruns weren't designed into the game

Shiggy diggy
>>
>>343583437
Whistles are well-hidden for people who don't know where they are. P-Wings are finite. Moreover, these were largely added to allow experienced players to skip portions of the game in case they needed to turn off the console because the game had no save feature.

The Cape is a power-up that you're given near the beginning of the game, it appears in almost every stage, is an infinite resource, and it can be easily used in most stages to just fly over it. This is in addition to the fact that the game has a save feature.
>>
>>343581674
I know this is off topic but why do people claim Super Meat Boy to have tight controls?
It fucking doesn't.
>>
>>343583936
The manual told me to squat on white boards, Anon. I found them by myself before Al Gore invented the internet as a 4 year old.
>>
>>343583948
thank you, holy shit. It's very basic.
>>
>>343583936

The cape was made with essentially the same mindset. Believe it or not most beginners (most people even, given people's inability to complete even the simplest flying stages in Super Mario Maker) don't even know how to effectively use its flight mechanic.
>>
>>343584174
Once again, they're well-hidden for people who don't know where to look. You knew where to look because something gave you a hint of where to find it.

You don't need to be told where to find the Cape. It's right there. It's in blocks all over the place. It's everywhere. You can even keep an extra one if you lose that one.
>>
>>343583437
Kind of. You can still just grab all the stars from the first few levels to propel yourself into the later levels without having to bother with the in-betweeners. I'm too lazy to actually do the math but you can probably skip the basement entirely aside from that one star you need to open the basement Bowser stage.
>>
>>343584174
Not to mention The Wizard showed us where the whistle in the first mini castle was. When the game came out, there was roughly a 99.9% chance you or your friend saw that movie.
>>
>>343584775

Yep, watched the movie and found out where the whistle was. Once I completed the first four worlds I just warped to world 8 was done with the game. Wasn't hard.
>>
>>343584441
Right. Because they're not on the same magnitude. One is a moderately well hidden hack and the other is an item that lets you bypass easy levels, but has a skillcap and can be used in later more difficult levels in creative fashions.
>>
>>343581324
I liked Cave Story more andati was made by a single guy

But then again, it was made many years later
>>
>>343581324
And a bunch of others great games were made by more than a hundred people.

Your point is?
>>
>>343585925
He's saying that for a game as polished as SMB3, it's surprising to know that it was made by 8 people.
>>
>>343586138
Well, there's indies games.
>>
>>343586367
>indie games
>great
Cave Story was the one and only exception
>>
>>343586650
>What are La Mulana and Feedom Planet
>>
>>343587221
>Freedom Planet
Garbage
>>
>>343587221
>La Mulana
Right, fair enough.

>Freedom Planet
Go die
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.