[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Banjo Kazooie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
What does /v/ think of Banjo Kazooie?
>>
it owns
>>
9.5/10.
tooie is 10/10
>>
One of my favorite games.
>>
>>343578402
I preferred Tooie
>>
>>343578402
It's my GOAT. I've gone back and replayed it many times over the course of the past decades to see if it continues to hold up, and it always does.

It's practically the most flawless game I've ever played.

Tooie is more flawed, but still a wonderful game.
>>
>>343578402
4th best n64 game IMO

1. Majoras Mask
2. Bad Fur Day
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Banjo Kazooie
5. Starfox 64
>>
>>343579894
>Bad Fur Day that high

Why?
>>
>>343580050
>he hasn't played bad fur day
>>
>>343579894
tooie is better than kazooie
>>
>>343578402
Overrated meme garbage
>>
>>343580243
Not really. It just didn't stand out to me enough compared to how amazing Kazooie was the first time through. Regardless of it being better or not, it just wasn't innovative enough to be as memorable IMO

Look at how different MM felt to OoT. Thats how you do a sequel.
>>
>>343580213
Bad fur day is shit. Multiplayer with friends was as it ever had going for it
>>
>>343580406
/thread

well meme'd my friend
>>
>>343580459
it's basically a more fleshed out kazooie with more content. I understand the lack of innovation complaint but it doesn't need to innovate on perfection.
>>
>>343578402

Boring to be honest. It's not fun to control, so the game just feels like a chore. Too many abilities hampers the momentum.
>>
Love it to this day. Both BK and BT are great on thier own regards. Not many games where you gain more than 5 skills per game and it works.
>>
>>343580459
I felt Kazooie just had a bunch of stock platforming levels, while Tooie's locations were much more unique and distinctive
it also had more easter eggs, secrets, unlockables, and unique minigames that made an overall much more memorable experience
>>
>>343580213
>XD SWEAR WORDS AND SHIT ARE FUNNY XD
>THE CONTROLS ARENT BAD YOU JUST TO GET USED TO THEM
Get Rare's dick out of your mouth, faggot.
>>
Teridactial land can go fuck itself
>>
>>343578402
I got it with my 64 when I was 10 and didn't really like it. That amazes to this day because I had jack fucking shit else to play. It should be one of my favorite games of all time.

It's just dull.
>>
>>343581423
This nigga knows what's up.

I swear, I feel like 100%'ing Kazooie is a requirement for you to finish Tooie. It's heaps more difficult and has more complex jiggies.
>>
File: cena.png (294 KB, 365x438) Image search: [Google]
cena.png
294 KB, 365x438
>>343580546
>>343581295

>they haven't played bad fur day
>>
>>343579894
Awful. What else can be said. Just awful.
>>
>>343581593
I know right? My opinion is way better.
>>
Good game

Wish more games had Christmas themed areas.
>>
>>343578402
Absolutely perfect.
Tooie was pretty alright, but fell short in a few ways.
>>
Great game and very cozy. Tooie was great as well but I thought the worlds were a bit too large and the backtracking was a bit too much. There was a lot of stuff to do in tooie, but a lot of it was tedious.
>>
Banjo and Kazooie have the worst dynamic. It's like they were born as Siamese twins, literally no chemistry together.
>>
I think I should emulate it sometime.
>>
One of my all-time favorite games.

Tooie is my all-time favorite.
>>
I hate collectathons

Conker's Bad Fur Day was my jam. I thought that Banjo was a good game but I don't have time for that fucking PG nonsense.
>>
>>343582228

What the fuck was a bear doing with a bird in his backpack anyways?

British people were doing acid and developing games.
>>
File: dk64.jpg (139 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dk64.jpg
139 KB, 1024x768
Hey, what is going on in this thread?
>>
>>343582679
Gets more flack than it should.
HE
>>
>>343582679
HE
>>
>>343578402
YOUR STOMACH HURTS
>>
>>343582679
>Have to beat all of the jump man levels to get the other coin
>This is a requirement to beating the game
Bullshit man
>>
>>343578402
It's in my top 9 mosaic and is my personal favorite 3D platformer.

I don't think super highly on Tooie and Nuts & Bolts for various reasons, but at the same time don't hate either of them and think they both have strong points.

I hope Yooka Laylee is fantastic.
>>
>>343582679
That's a pretty decent game that by now is more underappreciated than anything else.

Yeah, it's not a 10/10. But it has a lot of interesting things like its worlds, bosses, unique character abilities and various quests to acquire gold bananas.
>>
>>343578402

Brilliant game loved it
>>
>>343583239
I don't think that highly of N&B either, but it has its good things.

Building stuff is genuinely fun and the overworld was a pretty interesting place to explore; its biggest flaw is that they simply stopped caring halfway through and every mission ended up being a variation of an older one, also the writting was very lame compared to the previous games.
>>
>>343582679

You remember the theme, don't you /v/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dldJv9yZEp8
>>
>>343578402
5/5 game. Charming, good music, memorable characters, great levels, fun humor, holds up. Really well done considering collecathons could be way more boring when taken at face value. This employs good if basic level design to capatilize om exploration fun.
>>
>>343578556
/thread
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.