[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you faggots hating on this game so much? Because it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: quake-champions-logo-600x338.png (9 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
quake-champions-logo-600x338.png
9 KB, 600x338
Why are you faggots hating on this game so much?

Because it's going to be shit? Just like you said the new DOOM would be shit?

>inb4 wwahahhh its not an exact copy of quake 3 T___T

Quake 3 servers are live right now, if you want to play that game play it. Also so many people seem to forget that Quake 3 was not the last Quake, that was 4 which was a fucking abomination.

QC will be a return to form with some fresh elements. I'm hyped.
>>
wasn't quake wars the last quake?
>>
thank god UT is out. at least Epic still knows how to make an arena FPS
>>
Every new arena shooter is shit because they always have a worse movement system than Red Eclipse.
>>
>>343567929
How much you guys get paid to do this? I'm genuinely considering being a shill myself.
>>
>>343567929
But Nudoom IS shit m8
>>
>>343568819
I think Quakewatch is going to be bad, but can you care to explain why you think D44M is bad?
>>
>>343567929
I'm more excited for midair.
Like an updated tribes 2 with devs that actually know what they're doing.
>>
>>343567929
I wanted Quake 1, not 3: Modern Remix Edition.
>>
I don't know who I blame more, id for losing touch with what made Quake Quake or the faggoty kids who can't handle playing a proper multiplayer game
>>
>>343567929
Because in this board there are only weeb shit that do not even play Quake 3 or QLive
>>
File: 1419952555834.png (130 KB, 232x198) Image search: [Google]
1419952555834.png
130 KB, 232x198
>>343568740

Half a cent for each reply to my threads. It's more about exposure than advertising or influencing opinions.

Around the Overwatch launch window I made ~$120 a day with blatant shitposting.

Without connections you won't get in.
>>
>>343569081
>what made Quake Quake
3D graphics
>>
>>343568928
not him, but doom 4 is really bland and generic

it makes no attempt to do anything new
it just does the same thing as all other modern shooters and has these weird unlock progression systems. most of the upgrades are shit and pointless

the gameplay's a bit too repetitive
>go into room
>door locks behind you
>kill dudes in room
>if there's a big red thing, press E on it
>kill more dudes
>proceed

then occasionally you'll get a boring bit of plot that neither you, the game or the game developers care about. you also can't skip most of these things.

then there's those "challenge" rune things which are shit and mostly pointless

it also uses supertextures so things look a bit blurry at times if you turn around too fast

there's also enemies that are far too tough for the amount of ammo you start out with, and other enemies like those shield guys where the ways you're meant to deal with them are incredible inconsistent and don't always work for random reasons.

there's also snapmap which is shit and multiplayer which is shit too
>>
File: doom combat shock 2.png (335 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
doom combat shock 2.png
335 KB, 1280x960
>>343567929
>Just like you said the new DOOM would be shit?
but it is shit, pic related is harder than anything in D44M
>>
>>343568950
Does it have the legion cores(overdrive, boost, warp)? If not, who the fuck would care about it.
>>
>>343567929
>inb4 wwahahhh its not an exact copy of quake 3 T___T

You know that people shat on Quake 4 MP for being a exact copy of Quake 3 using the Doom 3 engine, right?
>>
>>343569632
>wanting cores
Also most people care about it, since Ascend went to shit and is dead, and barely anybody plays legions anymore
>>
>>343569526
I personally enjoy D44M, but no where near the originals.

What I find with the new Doom is that although it has modern touches (As you said, the fucking progression system) but it keeps aspects that the original Doom had that everyone loves it for (Exploration, fast action and Demons to kill for days). I am not arguing that it is the best game ever, it is not, but it is a refreshing game.

Personally, I think if they cleaned up the weapon mods (By making both mods equally valid and CURAZY), toned down the story sections (The first few sections were good though, showing that Doom Guy did not care, although the later half had issues with locked rooms) and added more enemies (Updated enemies are fine, just needed a little more), it would be a better game overall.

ANother thing this game did right in my opinion is the bossfights. No longer you can one shot the Spider mastermind and it is an actual challenge.
>>
>>343569526
>the gameplay's a bit too repetitive
wow holy shit it's almost like it's a doom game
>>
>>343569982
but muh front to front routes
>>
>>343570237
I'm>>343570025 but even I have to admit that is not the case.

With Doom 1, every level was somewhat different, forcing you to do something different. They may limit your ammo except for shotgun shells or have an entire level in closed spaces with Cacodemons. Stuff like that gives variety.

You can't do that in D44M. As much as I like it, it doesn't go crazy enough to be up there with a classic Doom game.
>>
>>343569578
That looks like an absolute shit wad.
>>
File: revenant room.png (121 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
revenant room.png
121 KB, 640x480
>>343571036
>wahhh its too hard for me
t. casual
>>
>>343570025
>those MMO tier garbage bossfights with big ability indicators and telegraphed attacks that spew health and ammo when damaged
>difficult

the shitty bosses in the custom brutal doom campaign are even better than D44M bosses
>>
>>343571347
Have you tried Nightmare mode? It's challenging doing that considering the health they give you (Only 2-5 per vial).
>>
>>343567929
>Why are you faggots hating on this game so much?

I didn't know it existed.

>Just like you said the new DOOM would be shit?
But it is.

2/10 got me to reply.
>>
>>343569317
That almost an okay salary for a job that doesn't require any education.
>>
>>343567929
What's the format of this new quake? Is it meant to be a competitive fps? Will it have a decent story/campaign mode?
>>
File: 4261964-the+man+with+no+taste.jpg (68 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
4261964-the+man+with+no+taste.jpg
68 KB, 800x449
>>343571761
>>
>>343567929
But the game HAS to be a carbon copy of Q3 to be enjoyable. It can add new assets (maps, weapons, characters) and modern graphics, but it must remain mechanically the same, because Q3 is the apex of arena shooters, because it's absolutely perfect.
>>
I don't care about this shitty multiplayer only game, all I want is a real Quake 2
>>
>>343572150
Put the words "Quake Champions" into your preferred search engine. Why you wouldn't feel the need to catch up before participating in a discussion thread is beyond me.
>>
>>343571192
>throw a bunch of random powerful enemies in a room without actually bothering with level design
>if someone doesn't like it they're casual

if an actual dev tried this shit you'd shit all over them for being lazy
>>
I wanted a new single player Quake, not this multiplayer arena bullshit. We have enough of that.
>>
>>343572417
they do need to fix the weapon balance tho
>>
>>343572417
No. Quake has too many hitscan weapons and small item pickups are too boring. The movement is also inferior to Red Eclipse.
>>
>>343572417
Willits already say the game has the same core, strafe, bunny, rocket jump etc, but theres gonna be a COMPETITIVE MODE focusin on the champions, they have passive and 1 active ability like run a bit faster or rocket jump higher etc, i play quake live almost daily and i want this shit right now http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/21/quake-champions-tim-willits-interview-people-are-afraid-of-quake-which-is-kind-of-awesome-5958340/
>>
>>343572554
Because /v/ always gives a variety of opinions on a game, most of which are wrong, and I enjoy seeing people be wrong.
>>
File: 1412350554659.jpg (54 KB, 452x639) Image search: [Google]
1412350554659.jpg
54 KB, 452x639
>>343567929
>locked door simulator
>good
>>
File: 1467422715643.jpg (207 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467422715643.jpg
207 KB, 1920x1080
You're right, OP
If I wanted to go play Overwatch I would go play Overwatch. I don't get why I would fucking play this instead
>>
>>343572963
You didn't ask for opinions. You asked for objective information about the game.
>>
Why are people comparing this game to overwatch?
>>
>>343572681
>if an actual dev tried this shit you'd shit all over them for being lazy
nah, i own 3 serious sam games
>>
>>343573991
Quake Champions is going to have a roster of characters, each with their own unique abilities and attributes, maybe fixed weapons as well, I can't remember if they said anything about it, which kind of misses the whole 'equal footing start' Arena Shooters are known for.
>>
>>343575245
>>>343573991 (You)
>Quake Champions is going to have a roster of characters, each with their own unique abilities and attributes, maybe fixed weapons as well, I can't remember if they said anything about it, which kind of misses the whole 'equal footing start' Arena Shooters are known for.
https://youtu.be/RvDyLCadGGY
>>
>>343567929
It won't be shit. I think it will be really fun actually. It may not be Quake, but I sincerely don't see how different ultimates for characters changes much. A lot of people are spamming
>overwatch copy
But the game has been in development for before Overwatch. Your first overwatch copycat is years away. Overwatch is really shit, and I'm surprised why people on /v/ are so enamored with it. I'm looking forward to both Lawbreakers (for its vertical gameplay) and Quake.
>>
Reserving judgement until there's more info. Right now all I know about it is they're aiming for the class-based fps crowd and that doesn't sit well with me when Quake was always more about quick action arena shooting and CTF.
>>
>>343573098
> overwatch fast, competitive gameplay ever
> with that shit tickrate and shitty competitive servers
> "le all classed based games are le overwatch"

Let me know when overwatch has pickups like weapons in it. Quake Champions is an arena shooter with ultimates. Overwatch is like Call of Duty with except it's class based and has some pickups.
>>
>>343575245
They said no loudouts. Only passive and active abilities.
>>
>>343575482
read the text interview i post, fagget
>>
>>343576263
They said their main goal was to replicate the fast-paced action of Quake 3 in the Victorian setting of Quake 1 and 2. They want to make it a competitive FPS.
>>
>>343576448
So weapons are pick ups then? That's nice to know.
>>
>>343576676
Yes, it's confirmed.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.