[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why all the hate for the Apollo Justice game? I mean sure the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Why all the hate for the Apollo Justice game? I mean sure the last case ended abruptly and on a kind of unsatisfactory note, but still don't get how so many people are pissy at the game. Apollo is a likeable character and has the best Objection in the whole series...so what exactly is wrong with the game?
>>
Nothing. Except that it's not Phoenix Wright. I got over that disappointment rather quickly though. I liked the Apollo games just fine.
>>
1. Turnabout Serenade is all kinds of fucked up

2. The ending of the game is kind of underwhelming since you don't do a lot of work in the climax

3. Apollo is too overshadowed by Phoenix's presence in the game. He doesn't really stand on his own.

Klavier being too helpful and not antagonistic enough is a YMMV. Personally I liked the change.
>>
2-3 was really bad

Apollo was meant to be a Phoenix Wright clone since it was supposed to take place in another universe, however capcom made it a sequal but forget to make Apollo his own character

The prosecutor helps you way too much

People really grew attached to the old cast that they can't let go (this happens with all game series)

Other than that it had imo the best OST and sidekick
>>
>>343552216
The soundtrack was really good. Second best in the series behind the original game's for me.
>>
I like him and his game.

4-2 is a simple case, but personally I find it underrated. If games would've followed along with what it set up (Apollo MC, Trucy assistant, Ema detective, Klav pros, Nick - ghost lawyer, mentor) it would've been a nice new life for the series.
>>
Zak Gramarye is the worst written character in the entire series

AJ has my favorite aesthetic though
>>
This game is okay.
What I don't get it's the hate on investigations 1. Also, investigations 2 is the best game in the series.
>>
File: 500px-AJ_officialart.jpg (77 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
500px-AJ_officialart.jpg
77 KB, 500x707
>>343553091
>AJ has my favorite aesthetic though
This. Kazuya Nuri should do all of Ace Attorney. He also did Layton crossover and DGS and they look godly.
>>
>>343553410
I'm going to probably regret asking this...I read somewhere that Investigations 2 has one of the best twists in the series. I'm currently playing it now. Please don't spoil what it is, but does it have a good twist?
>>
>>343554018
Not him.
I got spoiled about the twist so I don't know how heavy it hits, but it seemed pretty good. Aside from that it's still a very good game, because of how it uses basically every single case in the game to build up an overarching plot, and how it flips a certain mechanic on its head towards the end.

It has a few weak points, but it's still really satisfying on many levels.
>>
>>343554018
Yes, it has a great twist. But the "twist" only comes in the end. The game as a whole is great even without it. I loved the characters.
>>
>>343551149
It was my first and I agree it was weak overall. The main villain was weak compared to the other Big Bads, and the finale was weak. Wright overshadowed everyone else, and while I liked the writing for him, it should have been somebody else in his place. The third case was by far the worst case in any AA game.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.