[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do enemies in Dark Souls 3 play so perfect? -They always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: ds3.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
ds3.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
Why do enemies in Dark Souls 3 play so perfect?
-They always know when you attack and punish you, if you don't wait them to attack first.
-They always have the perfect, millimeter precise attack distance.
- They have bullshit tracking and are even able to hit you through perfect placing with the windup of the attack. (see the tree wielding forest people)

This game is punishing, nothing more nothing less. Can someone confirm that the enemies in this game are total bullshit or is it just me?
>>
i think it was always supposed to be like that and they finally nailed it down with the experience from the previous games.

not that i disagree with you, it feels like bullshit desu.
>>
Acquire proficiency.
>>
>>343527829
The only really bullshit enemy is the shield spear knight with his button reads.
>>
I think the real question here is why do you play so shitty against these basic ass enemies?
>>
>>343528019
how so if rng is the biggest enemy with bullshit left and right being the second? This game does not feel fair as ds1 and 2, its just bullshit. Play some ninja gaiden black, everything there is fair, everything except one bossfight who is somewhat rng dependent.

>>343528006
yeah nailing down bullshit instead of the perfect combat and world, fuck miyazaki.

>>343528114
if you think that's the only bullshit enemy, you haven't studied the rest. Every single one of them has some bullshit mechanic, be it moveset, movement speed, tracking etc. Every single one, its just not fun anymore.
>>
>>343528385
Game is easy as shit unless you're doing a low level run. You can get hit a ton of times and just win by spamming r1
>>
>>343527829
>bullshit tracking
not this shit again
>>
>>343528162
>>343528552

Please no straight sword recommendations.
I think this game is severely lacking. Learning patterns means nothing when you know you get fucked because the enemy reads you like an open book. I hate to say that, but dark sousl first half was the apex and everything after that went to shit. Is bloodborne better?
>>
Damn OP you suck and are really salty.
>>
I am glad this series is dead, as it turned to shit in only 2 and 1/2 games.
>>
>>343527829
>>343528816
Enemies read you in Dark souls 1 as well. Only difference is DaS enemies have more variation to their moveset, so they can punish you in ways you never had to consider before.
Go back and play DeS and DaS. All of the enemies have very carefully time attacks. The starting enemies in firelink shrine will alter their pattern depending on how fast you are advancing. The firebomb guy will throw more quickly, if you're moving quickly. If you're running, then the guys are more likely to do wild jump attacks to catch you. But if you move slowly, then they pretend to shamble slowly, only to go into some strange attack pattern that seems to move slightly faster or slower depending on the timing of your own attacks.

There's always been reading fuckery with the series.
>>
>Literally can't attack some bosses without taking damage using an UGS
Bravo, From.
>>
>>343530483

At least you were giving a slight room for error, at least it is what i felt when playing those /around 1k hours on both games) here, if you don't time perfectly, you will get punished , often for more than 1/2 of your total health. Grab a whip, dont upgrade it and go take on that fat cleric lady. I dare you, you will directly see everything faulty with ds3. This game is plain shit be it combat mechanics, its recycled lore, its tiny one way maps etc I hate miyazaki I hate the souls series I wish I have never played them in the first place.
>>
>>343531248
Just tell me what I'll see fighting the cleric lady with an unupgraded whip. I don't got time for that shit.
>>
File: ctatlyo.jpg (26 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
ctatlyo.jpg
26 KB, 700x466
every enemy has an approach:
it's either backstep and forward+R2 or roll into them instead of away or parry or poke and run or ranged battle.
you just have to figure out which combination works. that is how you succeed at Dark Souls.
not everyone is a gamer prodigy.
>>
File: Ghru Leaper.jpg (61 KB, 584x772) Image search: [Google]
Ghru Leaper.jpg
61 KB, 584x772
Some of the enemies are total bullshit for sure.

Take these faggots for example with their spamming grab ability but if you move back to avoid it they do a a distance perfect leap ontop of you.
>>
>>343531459

1. sweetspot. Youll do very little damage when keeping close to her.
2. you cant backstab with it.
3. the mace swings faster than a fucking whip and has twice the reach + a forward step with every move, so keeping her at distance is useless because you can't attack her without getting hit.
4. small attack windows. As already stated she attacks quick and often, she is really aggressive you will have only like 2 small windows where you can land that whip out of probably aorund 10.
5. she does not stagger only after around the 5th hit so the fight revolves around waiting and dodging all of her attacks and hoping her next attack will give you one out of the two possible attacks with enough window to attack her.
And thats only her, there are enemies out there which won't allow you to attack them without taking damage. I think that big guy with the ice sword is the next annoying enemy who does this.
I dont know what they have thought but there are no enemies in dark souls which counter any weapon so efficiently. I am here to say that it does not matter what hard game you have played, dark souls 3 is hard but not fair and you can feel it. No fucking fun I tell you. I think miyazaki should be the COD of /v/ and should be shamed to death for linking his games.
>>
>>343531850
I found them to be double with vertical swing weapons. But yes they are bullshit too. Try fighting the dark wraith with anything but a distanced weapon which is fast sth like spear. It is not possible to not get hit once against this fuckers. Why is this game full of enemies like that. Why has every enemy some insane counter, which is more often than not quicker than their normal moveset attacks. This is not fun and there is nothing to learn except rng because those attacks are there for PUNISHING and that is all they do. they are not fair, they are no interesting or well implemented they have little to no tells this game revolves around getting fucked and there is nothing in the world that can fix that. At this point Dark souls 2 spinning mmo enemies are far better than this pseudo "enhancement" they rescieved in ds3. Fuck this game, fuck miyazaki fuck this series. Anyone playing ds series after the first half of dark souls does not understand what made the series good in the first place and should stop supporting this fucking hack.
>>
I'm playing it for the first time, always loved boss fights in souls games but every boss up to Abyss Watchers, inckuding them, has been shit
Normal enemies are harder than any boss I encountered
>>
>>343533746

Ah yes the most cheaty out of the bunch. he reads you like and open book and does so twice. What an asshole but who cares, this game is full of asshole bosses and enemies. Don't bother and just reaplay the older entries or else miyazaki will think he did anything right with this game except for maybe visuals.
>>
Fuck this game
>>
>>343528162
because it's boring as fuck
>>
>>343527829
Every game FROM attempts to almost sort of "Patch out" existing strategies from the previous souls game to make it harder for veterans and to make it more different, but every time they do they leave wide open holes in the process.
Enemies in 1 could be just ran up to and smacked before they could even do anything 90% of the time, and also backstabbed easily, promoting aggressive play.

So in 2, they changed it to give enemies very large tracking to prevent backstabs, and lots of combos/attack delays to prevent just running up and smacking everything. But in return this made the AI. so docile you could just sit around with your thumb up your ass waiting for them to finish their combo from 5 feet away as they swing at air, smack them, repeat until dead.

So in 3, enemies are much more aggressive in their attacks and leave little room for error, they now mostly have proper ways to avoid backstab and are made to punish the turtling 2 had taught. But now we have come full circle, because now with most weapons in the game you can stunlock some of the more dangerous enemies (like lothric knights) for all your stamina, once again making aggressive play the easy way out.
>>
>>343527829
Dark Souls 3, aka Rushed and Rehashed Souls, is shit.
>>
>>343527829
>Its another thread bitching about not being able to beat dreg ds enemies
Jesus. Listen, just because the new game is cool and hip doesn't mean you have to play it. You clearly don't have the patience to get really invested in the game. None of the enemies play perfectly or all of them would be literally invincible, and they just aren't. They don't have perfect spacing, you just time your rolls like shit. They don't perfectly attack your openings, they just pry your openings when you do stupid shit. The game isn't perfect, but it is supposed to be punishing. It is punishing you for fucking up. Thats why so many people enjoy it.

These threads are great fun though. You clearly got to a point in the game that frustrated you and needed to spout about it because you're poor at managing your emotions like a regular adult, so you minge and fucking whine on 4chan using as many flimsey attacks on the game as possible instead of kicking your legs and squealing in public like your inner toddler needs to. The game is impossible! The game is impossible! Then why has fucking EVERYONE except for you beat it at least once?
>>
>>343536858
So what do you propose? I am veteranyish at dark souls 1 and 2 but hate dark souls 3 to death and beyond, even tho i finished it. Should I just accept that this game is unfair and get proficient or is it a waste of time as t is not possible without getting hit? (you can master all souls agmes with all weapons without getting hit except for dark souls 3)
>>
>>343528385
>OP claim is that they are perfect and always punish you which implies no RNG
>how can I get good if it's all RNG?
>>
>>343537273
play more aggressively, obviously. The combo's, punishes, attack distance, tracking, none of it matters when they are being stunlocked to high hell. Obviously when they aren't able to be stunlocked, you are going to have to play differently, as some of them just aren't ever going to be.
>>
>>343537419
because of their moveset. They dont cycle but react which makes it rng. Some movesets dont allow the player to react (depends on the weapon) therefore you are waiting for a specific move where you know you can land an attack. one does not cancel the other out.

>>343537101
I am sorry that you have braindamage anon
>>
>>343537582
some weapons are not ment for aggressive play.

I swear anyone who posts here without playing with any other weapon but the dark sword or any straight sword should not post here. your opinion is worthless.
>>
File: 1433965874353.jpg (81 KB, 583x581) Image search: [Google]
1433965874353.jpg
81 KB, 583x581
>>343531850
this was pretty much the only ''smaller'' enemy i considered of really poor design
>>
>>343537886
you can be just as aggressive with any weapon, UGS and other large weapons have hyperarmor in PvE to, you know. The time you wouldn't be able to be aggressive is bosses, which is obvious.
>>
>>343527829
git good bitch
>>
>Annoying Spear Knight that always hits you with his side-punch

Perfect enemies my ass
>>
>>343537740
Good save, man. Sure you feel good enough yet or do I need to tell you to git good too?
>>
>>343538081

as soon as you play aggressive the enemy ai will sooner or later counter you, which result in you staggering and the ai getting free hits in which results in your death/huge health loss. This game is a dps rush you can only lose as you progress further into the game. Meanwhile, you can avoid all attacks in dark souls 2/1 while still playing the dps rush. The ai in ds3 punishes you, it does it really really well but at cost of fairness.

>>343538220
I am good. I finished all noteworthy character action adventure games there are, who are hard and all of them have been fair except for dark souls 3.
>>
I haven't play it yet, but does circling still makes the combat obsolete?
I finished 1 and 2 just by circling the enemies and it dropped the difficulty from 10 to 3 max.
>>
>>343539034
kind of.
Rollspamming + a Straight Sword is the new OP meta
>>
>>343538479
Is it even a matter of getting gud? I think the souls have became a matter of tolerance and my bullshit tolerance is very low because I am used to a far batter gameplay than that i am getting offered by dark souls 3. And yes I have finished it doesnt mean shit to be honest . show me the proof that one can get a no hit run with any weapon (or at least the less popular ones) against all mobs. if you can show me that, ill promise you to get really good as i tried in all games i played until now. but dark souls 3 is and will be a piece of hot shit until that point and there is nothing one can say to disprove this fact.
>>
>>343539206
>No hit run

Funny you should say that.

Apparently FaraazKhan did one not too long ago, with no bows, magic or shields. It's up on twitch if you've got 7-8 hours to spare.
>>
>>343527829
No idea.
Just b8 their attacks and backstab them.
>>343538514
>>343539038
>>
>>343538582
>character action adventure games
name 100 you fucking faggot
I'm just fucking with you, I'm looking for some raccomendations on games I might have missed
>>
Wow get his. Da3 is easier than das
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.