[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did you let him live? pillars of eternity thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: raedric.jpg (251 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
raedric.jpg
251 KB, 1920x1080
did you let him live?

pillars of eternity thread.
>>
yo nigga dis game any good?
thinkin of buyin it
does it allow a good variety of builds or is it cookie cutter shit?
is there a lot of stuff you can interact with or is it bare bones basic bitch isometric RPG schlock?
and most importantly, can I play as a martial arts monk and not get my shit pushes in because hand2hand isn't viable?
>>
>>343521198
8 hours in so far and i think its pretty good. dont know about any special build or anything. i just decided to be a dick rouge. you can chose different backgrounds depending what class/race you are.
>>
>>343521198
>does it allow a good variety of builds or is it cookie cutter shit?

There's a pretty good variety of builds. A couple of the classes are kind of similar to each other, but most of them play pretty differently.

>is there a lot of stuff you can interact with or is it bare bones basic bitch isometric RPG schlock?

I'm not really sure how to answer this. Can you be more specific?

>and most importantly, can I play as a martial arts monk and not get my shit pushes in because hand2hand isn't viable?

Unarmed monks are very viable. They can dish out incredible damage in straightforward combat and their abilities push them towards light or no armour.
>>
>halfway through The White March part II
>enemy stat stacking bug still not fixed
>enemies have 260+ Deflection
>all my units have literally 0% chance to hit
>enemies literally deal hundreds of damage
>once got hit for 900+ damage
>once got grazed for 600+ damage
>literally impossible to progress
>patch that's supposed to fix this bug has been in Beta for a month with no release date in sight
>>
>>343522715
I was thinking if the the dlc was worth buying or not. now i know.
>>
>>343522715
Stop saving and reloading like crazy, the increase only happens on a reload.
>>
>>343523384
that bug is not directly tied to the DLC and can only occur in 2 places.
also, this >>343523407 is the ad hoc way to circumvent the problem.
>>
>>343521003
No, he is a terrible ruler and chaos would be better than his rule.
Also, there is a follow up quest if you kill him.
>>
>>343523407
Too late. I went back to PoE after almost a year of not playing it (bought DLC on Steam sale), so I had to restart a lot of times as I was relearning it.
>>
>>343521003
>did you let him live?
Of course. And it turned out to be the best decision in the end, so great.

Shame the rest of the game wasn't anywhere near the quality of the Raedric quest. While I can't really say it was one of the best quests I ever played, because it was far from it, it was still really good and made me very optimistic about what was to come.
>>
>>343521003
I am curious what the red circles are supposed to allude to...
>>
>>343523827
>three periods at the end of a sentence

Kill yourself
>>
>>343521003
I don't get OP's pic
>>
>>343523696
and you think is faggot cousin is any better? he was just a power hungry jerk that dont know anything abut ruling and lied to your face when asking for help.
>>
>>343522715
Fugg. I got that in the first part, with the robots. I reloaded a couple of times to see different dialogue options, and suddenly enemies three rooms away became invincible killing machines.

It was fixed I think, but it took them long enough that I never bothered to pick it up again.
>>
>>343523781
It only triggers on the monastary and besieged mage tower maps. everywhere else it does jack shit, and it only increases in steps of +6 so a few saves are possible without any real disadvantage.
>>
So it's actually good to let him live? I just took the mission but haven't started it yet. The quest giver seems a little too nice though and that means he's probably shady as shit.
>>
>>343524779
The Abby is where I'm currently at and literally cannot progress. The small increments might not be a big problem anywhere else but I had to restart multiple times because the Abby is literally the hardest area in the game I've encountered (and I've beaten the game). I'm playing on PotD.
>>
>>343524013
No, but he does not survive anyway.

Gilded vale becomes prosperous, if lawless, if you kill him, if you let him live he simply stops murdering people after the end but GV only slightly recovers and he slaughters many more people to that point. He is simply a terrible mad ruler.

Killing him is the best possible option, not just because of the following quest.
>>
>>343524909
Well, Raedric does execute dickloads of people based on practically nothing. He is paranoid, and completely lost it.
But yes, siding with him is the right decision.
>>
>>343523934
excu~se me, princess...
>>
>>343524909
no, it is morally and logically wrong, and the rewards are crap.
>>
I'm 10 hours in and I'm already sick of the backtracking, slow pace of travel, and terrible combat. I really want to enjoy this game but jesus christ.
>>
>>343525389
>backtracking, slow pace of travel
Not a game for you then.
> terrible combat
Get good.
>>
>>343525524
>not a game for you then.
Yeah, I figured. The writing is good, but not nearly good enough to warrant the glacial pace of playing.

>Get good.
I have absolutely no interest in investing the time to get good at what I can tell is a poor combat system to begin with.
>>
>>343521003
No, I killed him.
And I lied to that Mother/Bird God at the end and released all the souls, in responce she destroyed a city with dragons.
I can't be fucked to play ever the White March dlcs I payed for
I don't like base building in RPGs
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.