[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne lore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: bloodborne_hunting.jpg (285 KB, 1600x1143) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne_hunting.jpg
285 KB, 1600x1143
/v/ pls help I just got the plat for this game and I am confuse

why does the MP want you to kill Mergo? what is happening in Yahargul? why do they tell you to halt the scourge of beasts the start of the game, and then drop that plotline halfway through? what is happening in the Fishing Hamlet, and with Lady Maria? why do you find Queen Yharnam in the CDs, and she's pregnant with a baby?

Lore thread, I guess. I don't understand, I have no eyes and cannot see.
>>
Moon Presence hates babies I think
>>
>>343514849
MP wants you to kill the other Great One's. If there's a reason for it, I don't know it.
>>
The only answers are fanfiction. There are huge gaps in the story and no real information, much less than in any of the souls games.
>>
>>343514849
Fishing Hamlet got wrecked by Burgerwerth, that's why the fishman at the start was cursing them. Lady Maria was telling everyone that comes by to fuck off.
>>
>gets the platinum trophy
>doesn't understand what he did
Typical Sony user
>>
>>343516749
if it wanted you to indiscriminately murder other Great Ones, then it wouldn't let you leave the Dream with only half of the Great One cast dead. Yet it considers your contract fulfilled even if Ebrietas, the Celestial Emissary, Amygdala, and the Orphan of Kos are still alive (yes these all are Great Ones, check your trophies).
>>
>>343517019
then show us all how great you are and start explaining, anon
>>
File: 1456352925880.jpg (73 KB, 726x677) Image search: [Google]
1456352925880.jpg
73 KB, 726x677
>>343517019
Shut the fuck up and stop trying to start shit, you jealous fucking cock.
>>
>>343514849
I can at least answer one of your questions. The scourge of beasts is caused by people fucking around with the Great Ones too much. Yharnam perfected blood healing using Great One blood but they went too far with it. And since most of Yharnam uses blood healing, most of Yharnam is fucked and starts turning into werewolf beast monsters. Killing the Great Ones is you on the path to solving the problem, since eventually you're going to find the Great One responsible for cursing everyone to turn into beasts.
>>
>>343514849
Ok, here's what you do in order to understand the lore of Bloodborne. You donate a lot of money to VaatiVidya and then he'll make some shit up, oh, I'm sorry, analyze the existing content in a form of highly entertaining monetized Youtube video.
>>
>>343519245
t. falseflagger
>>
Oedon is the Moon Presence, you almost caused the end of the world!
>>
>>343514849
>why does the MP want you to kill Mergo?
MP doesn't really want to do anything, Laurence and Gehrman made a pact with him that gives Hunters the ability to fight against the Beasts and Great Ones.
>what is happening in Yahargul?
Mensis attempt at recreating a Great One, the One Reborn was possibly Mergos body(whose a child of the Great One Oedon and thus dead)
>scourge of beasts
There is no scourge, it's just what happens when people OD on Blood.
>what is happening in the Fishing Hamlet, and with Lady Maria?
It's where they found Kosm's body, the hunters started to torture the residents of the fishing hamlet for science and Kosm cursed them in return. The entire place has been pulled into the Hunters Nightmare. Maria guards the entrance to it, so no one may attempt to do shit with kosms body.
>why do you find Queen Yharnam in the CDs
She's the Pthumerian queen, no the Queen of current day Yharnam
>>
>>343521306
Oedon is formless and exists only in voice. The MP has a body
>>
>>343522896
Its made clear that the reason the Nightmare is happening is because they are trying to make the Moon Presence.

It could be feasible that the Old Ones are taking Blood to make a form for Oedon.
>>
>>343523156
but why would Oedon even need a form? what evidence is there to suggest that he's in any way suffering or damaged by being formless?
>>
>>343523450
The same goes with Mergo. Being stillborn doesn't really seem to have bothered her all that much. Besides, Oedon can impregnate people without a form, so gaining one seems redundant
>>
>>343522051
why would the Mensis waste time attempting to make a Great One for Mergo? Aren't they trying to ascend themselves?
>>
>>343523643
>her
and it did seem to be something of a roadblock, considering that it's existence is now chained to the Nightmare
>>
It's all Lady Maria's fault
>>
>>343523859
That could be MP's doing, or it could have happened while Mensis was fucking around near the endgame.
>>
>>343523986
Nah, it's Byrgenwerth. Maria just parked in the astral clocktower to stop anyone from fucking around even more with the Hamlet
>>
File: 1464130485405.jpg (209 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1464130485405.jpg
209 KB, 1500x1500
>>343522051
I was under the assumption that they also killed Kosm.
Unless she died to give birth to the Orphan. Imagine if that fucking thing had gotten to the Astral Clocktower. Maria wouldn't have stood a chance in hell
>>
>>343524521
Kos washed ashore dead, her body teeming with parasites (which presumably killed her).

IMO Byrgenwerth killed the Orphan. Their sin was ripping Kos' corpse apart for research purposes, and killing the Orphan's irl body for it's cord. It now exists only in the Nightmare like Mergo
>>
>>343523986
BULLY MARIA
>>
>>343525518
It also says that the Parasites stimulate the Phantasms, and the Phantasms were a way to commune with Great Ones.
>>
File: 1459183561331.jpg (55 KB, 398x960) Image search: [Google]
1459183561331.jpg
55 KB, 398x960
>>343525518
I always assumed the parasites were Kosm's way of punishing Byrgenwerth for fucking around with her body, not the things that killed her.
And I was talking about the Orphan in the Nightmare. He would have trashed Maria, run rampant through the Research Halls, and come to a stop against Ludwig, both unholy abombinations clashing against each other until the Nightmare ceases to exist
>>
>>343525828
>I always assumed the parasites were Kosm's way of punishing Byrgenwerth for fucking around with her body
but why, they're powerful weapons and there's no evidence to suggest that they fuck you up like a Sunlight Maggot or something
>>
>>343523786
>As you once did for the vacuous Rom, grant us eyes, grant us eyes.
You don't just ascend if you reach a certain insight level, there are requirements to it we don't really know but it seems the easiest way is it to get the favor of a Great One. The good Hunter for example had to get his hands on 3 unique umbilical cords and then defeat a Great One in his own realm. That's an 'one in a millennia'-accomplishment.

>>343524521
She ain't really dead though, during the second or third phase of the Orphan fight she casts lightning strikes whenever the Orphan screams.
Also as others have said her body was already in that state when it was found.
>>
>>343526050
yeah, so why would giving Mergo a body get brownie points from Kos?
>>
Sure, he and all of Mensis were giant fucking dickheads, but was Micolash the most entertaining boss fight of all time?
MFW his AWOOOOOOO is my text tone
>>
>>343526370
Ludwig and the Orphan of Kos both exist, so no
>>
>>343526484
Those are fun boss fights. Micolash isn't fun, but it's entertaining
I was able to enjoy it purely because I was chasing a raving lunatic who was howling at the top of his lungs about "GRANT US EYES, GRANT US EEEYYYEEEES"
>>
>>343514849
That's the issue with Lovecraft-inspired settings.

It lets writers be lazy when it comes to explaining shit.
>>
File: 1459175732330.gif (549 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1459175732330.gif
549 KB, 400x302
>>343526878
Nah, that's just Fromsoft. Anything that you don't see happen is up for interpretation
>>
>>343526659
then he chains infinite A Call Beyonds and instakills you
>>
>>343527080
For some inexplicable reason, he never used Call on me. Maybe it was the fact that I had done the Nightmare first and gotten my Holy Blade to 10, and stomped his ass into the ground with it
>>
>>343526878
yeah, but Bloodborne is one of the best/most accurate Lovecraftian-inspired settings of all time
>>
>>343527080

You can hit him to cancel ACB
>>
>>343527783
only if you're right in his nuts and hit him IMMEDIATELY as he starts up the animation. if you're more than 3 feet from him, you're fucked
>>
>>343527080
I wouldn't have ever thought that the way to avoid that attack is to dodge towards it. Before realizing that dodging it was always a gamble, or it just felt random.
>>
>>343514849
Because Mergo will grow up to be Giygas, gotta kill him while he's still a babby
Pthumerian descendants are doing fucked up undead rituals
>why do they tell you to halt the scourge of beasts the start of the game, and then drop that plotline halfway through?
It's not dropped. The red moon is what is causing men to become beasts, Mensis boys are beckoning the red moon. In all three endings it's implied that the hunt is over for now and Yharnam (what's left of it) is saved.
>what is happening in the Fishing Hamlet
Byrgenwerth boys are fucking shit up because hamlet boys made contact with a Great One accidentally. You're visiting the nightmare version of the hamlet, where the past repeats itself forever. You're walking in the footsteps of Gehrman and Maria when you play through the level.
>and with Lady Maria?
Maria was one of the Byrgenwerth boys who fucked up the hamlet along with Gehrman. Now she's dead and trapped in the nightmare where she wants to prevent anyone from digging up the truth.
>why do you find Queen Yharnam in the CDs, and she's pregnant with a baby?
Because chalices are visions of the past, they're not to be taken literally.

>>343526370
His dialogue and voice acting is some of the best in the series.

>>343527868
> if you're more than 3 feet from him, you're fucked
Then stay right on top of him. What's he gonna do, karate chop you for 3 damage?
>>
>tfw no atmom game
>tfw you will never play as a squid dick dragon fighting against invading bugbeasts
>>
use your fucking imagination and make it up as you like
>>
>>343528052
>Then stay right on top of him. What's he gonna do, karate chop you for 3 damage
*augurs continuously*
>>
File: XRfoq6r.jpg (2 MB, 3060x5413) Image search: [Google]
XRfoq6r.jpg
2 MB, 3060x5413
>>343528052
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcUSbbC1egA
>>
>>343514849
Mergo is the son of Oedon.And Oedon is a rival Great One that simple.
>>
>>343528406
>Mergo is the son of Oedon
sources
>>
>>343514849
Nobody has a real solid answer as to why Moon Presence wants you to kill other Old Ones, but that was the intent all along.

Yahargul is a sect of the city full of School of Mensis fuckers, an offshoot of the Healing Church that deal in some fuckery like controlling dreamzones and making new Old Ones out of mountains of citizen corpses.

>why do they tell you to halt the scourge of beasts the start of the game, and then drop that plotline halfway through?
It's not halted; Moon Presence is essentially prolonging the scourge of beasts.

>what is happening in the Fishing Hamlet, and with Lady Maria?
Hamlet folk had a healthy relationship with a benevolent Old One until Bygenwerth came wanting some of that sweet sweet Old Blood. The part you play is a nightmare version of what Maria/Gherman experienced, a curse inflicted on all hunters meant to basically have them repeat their shit as a form of torture for fucking with the Hamlet in the first place.

Chalice Dungeons are old shit, and she's full of dat gud blud. Why you fight her, though, I dunno. Old blood makes you fucking nuts.
>>
>>343514849
Rival great one
A failed attempt of bringing kos back by the school of mensis
Don't know
> what is happening in the Fishing Hamlet
Healing church experimented on Kos and the townsfolk Lady Maria was the lead.
Because she's pthumerian. And the baby is Mergo he is dead and he is also the son of Oedon the formless great one.
>>
>>343528882
A womb will be blessed by the great one. Mergo is formless and so is the Wet Nurse and the only known great one to have no form is Oedon.
>>
>>343528890
>the Nightmare is a curse inflicted on all hunters meant to basically have them repeat their shit as a form of torture for fucking with the Hamlet in the first place.
>torture
all of the Hunters in the Hunter's Nightmare are blood-addled, it's the only way to arrive in that place to start with. Reminder that Blood Addling is characterized by reveling in the slaughter, and that you only become blood-addled when you start ripping, tearing, and enjoying the Hunt to an unhealthy degree.

Point is, the Hunters in the Hunter's Nightmare aren't being tortured. They're in blood-drunk Hunter Valhalla. They're like mindbroken girls who live and breathe for the cock, and you've given an infinite supply of cocks to enjoy. What kind of punishment is this?
>hey, you know that meth junkie who robbed our store and killed the clerk?
>You know what would be a good punishment? an infinite, lifetime supply of meth and a consequence-free environment for shooting up as much as he wants.

the curse is becoming that blood-drunk, that mindbroken, in the first place
>>
File: connor-mccleod.jpg (48 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
connor-mccleod.jpg
48 KB, 800x500
>>343514849
>>
>>343529345
Regardless, it is a form of punishment for all Hunters. Blood Addling turning you into a mindless beast, with no escape, forever, isn't exactly something people want. You lose yourself enough and it's pretty much a death sentence confined infinite purgatory.

Hunters like Pappy Fartbucks had families whom are now dead. Whatever life these hunters had prior is nothing. They have no life anymore aside from mindless slaughter. It's basically endless punishment.
>>
>>343530452
IMO the Hunter's Nightmare is a form of protection

>Orphan curses hunters (the curse of blood) and they go mad when imbibing blood as a result

>when they go mad, they're put down and sent to the Hunter's Nightmare

>the Hunter's Nightmare is situated squarely in-between the Orphan, and any arriving interlopers to his Nightmare

>said interloper has to contend with an army of insane, superhuman hunters and the nightmarish beasts that they transform into, before they can fuck the Orphan up in revenge

pretty ruthless self-perpetuating system
>>
>>343530967
>IMO
Post disregarded
>>
>>343531174
I hope you're being ironic
>>
File: You.gif (415 KB, 480x238) Image search: [Google]
You.gif
415 KB, 480x238
>>343517019
>>
>>343531261
At least base your bullshit upon some evidence found in the world or something else tangible.
>>
>host of the Hunter's Dream is Gehrman
>host of the Nightmare of Mensis is Micolash
>host of the Hunter's Nightmare is _____
???
>>
>>343531332
all 4 of those points are either stated outright in the game, or are observations of basic geography
>the Orphan casts the Curse of Blood upon Hunters
>Hunters suffer from Blood Addling and are cast into the Nightmare

>the Hunter's Nightmare is in-between the Fishing Hamlet and the spawn point upon getting teleported via eye of a blood-drunk hunter

>you have to fight your way through it to get to the Orphan

I'm sorry that you seem to have literally 0 observational skills if you don't think anything in that post was based on stuff stated in-game
>>
>>343531371
Maria, obviously.
>>
So is the healing church pro-beast or anti-beast?
And are they pro-Broccoli or anti-Broccoli?
>>
>>343534608
Anti-beast, but they turned into beasts by accident
>>
>be underleveled
>fight ludwig
> do okay
>he runs me over
>this takes all my HP

Halp
>>
File: ludwig.jpg (155 KB, 1024x1307) Image search: [Google]
ludwig.jpg
155 KB, 1024x1307
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tUuSG2zgOs
>>
>>343535012
So why aren't any of the church weapons strong against beasts?
>>
File: winter_lantern.jpg (26 KB, 441x248) Image search: [Google]
winter_lantern.jpg
26 KB, 441x248
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5acskAT_2t062HILImBkV8eXAwaqOj611mSjK-vZ8/edit?pref=2&pli=1

I hope you like to read
>>
>>343535784
Church Dick is
>>
>>343526659
yup, enjoyed that fight very much on my first playthrough. at first i listened to his words, but it became clear that he's just rambling. and his death scream/line cemented that.
>>
>>343517079
But isn't the MC possibly becoming Gehrman meant to show that the MP expects another hunter to come, and therefore finish up the Great One's?
>>
>>343538580
this. if the hunt would be considred done, why hire a replacement gehrmann then?
>>
>>343514849
It's being used to summon the Blood Moon by Mensis.
>What is happening in Yahargul?
Two things. Mensis activities to cause the Blood Moon and Bell Maiden efforts to give Mergo a body in this reality.
You did halt the scourge. Without the Blood Moon to make the beast scourge affliction run wild, there's much less risk of further scourge issues. You've effectively dismantled the healing church and pthumerians if you 100% the game.
> what is happening in the Fishing Hamlet, and with Lady Maria?
Byrgenwerth raped the village because they wanted to study their mutations and learn about Kos. Lady Maria participated in these atrocities but regretted it.
>why do you find Queen Yharnam in the CDs
She's the Queen of the Pthumeru you dingus. Why wouldn't she be living in the heart of the Pthumeru civilization?
> she's pregnant with a baby?
That's Mergo and he's formless even there. Most of her powers come from Mergo and it's Mergo who locks you in place if you hit her too many times in a row.
>>
>>343534608
Anti-Beast and Pro Celestial Emissary.

>Brocolli
They never discovered this. That's something you and Adeline alone are privy to.
>>
>>343539441
how does the rune even work? why does it do what it does? was there really a need for fake great ones once?
>>
I just never understood the timeline of everything.

So once we show up in yharnam and become hunters, we are linked to the dream forced to fulfill our contract.

We pretty much dont know jack shit except to "kill a few beasts" because thats what we're supposed to do. If we die, we come back to the dream only to try again (for that is our contract). I understand shit up to this point.

So at some point, both Djura and Aileen either hint or practically say that they were hunters of the dream as well, but they are done and dont dream anymore. So if there were other hunters like us under contract, its safe to assume they let gherman free them from the dream. But whag was their contract? Did they also have to kill a great one? Is "the hunt" like a yearly thing and each year theres a new moon hunter?
>>
>>343539584
regarding the hunters free from the dream, i don't know. some holes are in there that can't be filled with speculation
>>
>>343539582
>how does the rune even work?
You become "lumenwood" which is basically some sort of porous living wood material and the Kos Parasite inhabits you. The caves just before Orphan of Kos are also made of Lumenwood. That's why there's dead phantasms all over the ceiling. It's their habitat.

Brainsuckers are close to this, but they've succumbed to a Kos Parasite without the protection of Milkweed.
>>
>>343534608
pro-Broccoli I'd say, as they worship the ayys and it was founded at Byrgenwerth, where people made first contact with the ayys.
>>
>>343539582
>fake great ones
Celestial Emissary isn't fake. It's fully fledged, just not terribly useful.
>>
File: 1462827387630.jpg (221 KB, 600x511) Image search: [Google]
1462827387630.jpg
221 KB, 600x511
I think the lore is a big part of what makes BB my favorite by far. The deeper NPCs that actually interact with each other, the whole dynamic with creepy fake iosefka and the chapel dweller, the history of mensis, bergenwerth, and the healing church and the politics between them, the vilebloods and the executioners, the hunters of hunters, and it's all even further below the surface than the dark souls games.

Maybe it is because H.P Lovecraft already laid down the foundation and they got to focus more on the details.
>>
>>343539943
>Celestial Emissary isn't fake
what? i thought it was man-made
>>
>>343540049
It's more about the length of the development cycle anon. Bloodborne was being worked even before Artorias of the Abyss. They had a lot of time to add all these deep details. BB's lore is the deepest of any of the Soulsborne series.

>>343540064
Man-made diamonds aren't fake anon. Why would man made Great Ones be fake? Living Failures are fake/failed. Emissary is a legit Great One.
>>
>>343540049
this basically. the ending of alfreds quest was just fucking cool. i have ne better word for it.
>>
>>343540064
The name "Celestial Emissary" is an interesting one, I would interpret it as meaning it is a human turned great one to try to commune with them.
>>
>>343540246
Yeah, it is one of my favorites. When you meet him he is so friendly, has the same VA as Solaire, and has practically the same dialogue, and then he turns out to be this lunatic cultist,

Bloodborne's world feels much more deep than Dark Souls' because the elements interact with each other instead of just you. You have the yandere nurse and the prostitute jealous over you, the chapel dweller, iosefka being replaced and the subtle clues to it, cainhurst and the executioners, and of course all the great ones and their alternate dimensions. It's fucking great.
>>
>>343540707
yup. i'm glad i went in unspoiled. the shift the game took mid way. never seen anything like it.
>>
>>343540707
Arianna isn't really jealous of anyone, it's Adella who's the nutcase. Arianna is probably tied with the Chapel dude over nicest character in the game
Which makes what happens to her all the more tragic
>>
>>343541095
chapel dweller just comes of as a creepy fuck. killed him the first time, since he seemed suspicoous as fuck
>>
>>343539108
>>343538580
because every Great One desires surrogate children. You just murdered it's kid, so it takes you as a replacement
>>
What the fuck was up with the hamlet honestly?

I know it was Byrgenwerth and stuff who came in and fucked with Kos and all that but why were the people there half fish? The beast plague was because of blood overdose basically, same shit happened to Loran, who also blood spammed, the Ayyys are church experiments, and the great ones are great ones, but where did the "fish plague" come from?
>>
>>343541310
Fuck you nigger
>>
>>343541310
He literally only seems that way. His actions are completely altruistic, he's just trying to help save as many people as you can send him.
He might look like a creepy fuck, but he's definately a nice guy
>>
>>343540064
first, check your trophies

second, nothing states that man-made Great Ones aren't legitimate. "Great One" is a descriptor of power level, not origins
>>
>>343541457
>Great One" is a descriptor of power level, not origins
oh, it makes sense then. thanks
>check your trophies
i have all notifications off and always will. couldn't give less of a shit
>>
>>343541367
It's a variation of the beast plague. Given that Kos came from the sea, it makes sense that the people afflicted with the plague would turn into fish things
>>
>>343541367
step 1: worship fish great one
step 2: receive fish kin parts

it's like how different chaos cultists look different, depending on which chaos god they worship
>>
>>343541590
>i have all notifications off and always will. couldn't give less of a shit
that's too bad, because BB trophies have actual lore in their descriptions
>>
>>343541367
>The beast plague was because of blood overdose basically
No it wasn't. It was a curse laid on the Pthumerians by Moon Presence because they sired bastard children. It's transmitted by blood because the curse took the form of parasitic centipedes that inhabit blood.
>where did the "fish plague" come from?
The influence of Kos. Moon Presense makes Werewolves and Kos makes Mermen.
>>
>>343541735
one of the reasons why I have them off. i've ran into enough spoilers through achievements/trophies.
>>
>>343541898
Vermin isn't real, anon
>>
>>343541979
>he unironically thinks this
>>
>>343541979
>Vermin isn't real, anon
wut? then what are those things i so love to crush?
>>
>>343541898
Think the Fly things would be Rom's variation of the plague?
>>
>>343542050
>>343542065
the league is fucking mental obviously

>T-the plague is caused by bugs but ONLY I CAN SEE THEM LMAO

eat shit leaguefag
>>
>>343541979
Vermin are completely real and the games mechanics support this

>Vermin are the "Root of Impurity"
>Fire is used to cleanse and purify during beast hunts
>Beasts are weak to fire
>When you kill a Loran Silverbeast using fire, it doesn't sprout little centipede monsters

Also
>You can find Vermin without using the Impurity rune when you kill the red-eyed hunters in the Hunter's Nightmare.
These hunters are noticably stronger than average ones, showing a real and tangible effect of the Vermin.
>>343542067
Actually those are related to Amygdala. Rom is offspring of or somehow related to Kos. This even shows in her design, which actually does a lot to evoke something like a Sea Cucumber.
>>
>>343542346
strange that i get them with co-oping with one even if i'm not in the league. hmmm hmmmm??
>>
>>343542396
But the fly things are mostly fucking around in Byrgenwerth, is Amy somehow influencing the School?
>>
>>343542346
they're the mormons of bloodborne. and he's smith
>>
>>343542346
>things seen by madmen aren't real
is this literally your first ever cosmic horror story? you must be at least 18 to post here

>Truth oft resembles madness, inaccessible to the dull of mind. Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions. -- Madman Set

the insane see more than you ever could hope to
>>
>>343514849
there's literally like three notes explaining this in the game.
>>
>>343542396
>Actually [the Gardens of Eyes] are related to Amygdala
you're gonna have to sauce me on this famygdala
>>
>>343542346
I bet you think that blood dregs aren't real, either protip they are
>>
I heard the other day that Lady Maria made a pact with the Orphan of Kos after walking through the irl Astral Clocktower, and is the host of the Hunter's Nightmare. Is there any truth to this statement?
>>
>>343542656
yeah, but what is the One Reborn and how does it relate to the Mensis Ritual?
>>
the body of kos washes up shore. The scholars of byrgenwerth hear of a god worshiped in the hamlet. the scholars find the kos's body washed up on the shore and cuts it open to find the kos parasites. They then experiment on the denizens of the fishing hamlet. The orphan of kos takes pity on the people of the fishing hamlet and curses blood drunk hunters. The blood drunk hunters are taken to the hunters nightmare where they are take to a perpetual hunt. Gherman uses a three third cords to beckon the moon presence to create the hunters dream and give hunters a way to fight the beasts. In return gherman has to serve the moon presence and hunt other great ones.
>>
>>343543652
The One Reborn is Mensis's attempt at making a great one
>>
>>343539238
>Mensis activities to cause the Blood Moon and Bell Maiden efforts to give Mergo a body in this reality.
there is no reason to do this. their ritual is to ascend themselves

plus, show me where it states that Mergo needs a body. Is it suffering? damaged in any way? why would a creature who's formless by nature want or need a form
>>
>>343543839
>plus, show me where it states that Mergo needs a body. Is it suffering? damaged in any way? why would a creature who's formless by nature want or need a form
i don't think the people ingame know all that the player knows. maybe they think giving him a body will benefit them somehow.
>"If you built it, he will come!"
>>
>>343544090
it's living in a Nightmare, where it has an almost deific power of creation. If it wanted a body, it could just make one for itself
>>
>>343544251
it's basically religion. noone has ever met mergo. maybe they just believe he needs a body. from stories told and altred by people over the years
>>
Is Ebriatis an old one to? Does he/she/it host any nightmares?
Also what are the Amygdala? Old ones to?
Is there a reason why the Amygdala you fight looks different from the others?
>>
>>343544447
Ebrietas IS an old one, she's just chilling underground, chatting with the Church every now and then. She's also possibly trying to resurrect Rom
The Amy you fight is a mature one, the others are somehow immature
>>
>>343544447
OFFICIAL LIST OF GREAT ONES IN BLOODBORNE

Amygdala
Rom
Ebrietas
Celestial Emissary
Mergo's Wet Nurse
Moon Presence
Orphan of Kos
>>
he killing of a God. It is the ultimate crime. There is no greater sin. And yet, it's what the Scholars of Byrgenwerth did in their pursuit of knowledge. It's possible that the murder of the Great One Kos in the name of scientific research was the straw that broke the Camel's back and finally caused Laurence and Willem to go their separate ways. It was an act that affected all of the Old Hunters deeply, as Maria threw her beloved sword into the Innsmouth Well in an act of sickened defiance. As Maria's consciousness guards Innsmouth in the Dreamlands, it's possible that she was the one who pulled the trigger, so to speak.
But their crime, their sin, would not go unpunished.
Atonement for the wretches. Lay the curse of blood upon them, and their children, and their children's children, for evermore.
Kos had been pregnant when she was murdered. Every Great One loses it's child, and Kos was no different as she never got to see her child's birth. The unborn Orphan of Kos remained inside its mother's womb, and from there it projected a terrible curse. As a true Great One, the Orphan was able to claim a section of the Dreamlands as its own, and it cursed any and all who named themselves Hunters. This is what Simon alludes to when he tells the PC that it isn't fair, that they shouldn't have to bear the sins of their forebearers. Every hunter in the Hunter's Nightmare is a descendant in one way or another from Gehrman and the Old Hunters, children and children's children, and they've been cursed to be dragged into an unending hunt when they become so drunk with blood that they would do something as sickening as murdering a God. The only way to stop it and break the curse is to kill the Orphan.
>>
>>343544678
What about Kos? She's still in the game, even if she's a corpse
What about Mergo? The wet nurse isn't a Great One, it's there to protect Mergo. The "Nightmare Slain" doesn't come up until Mergo stops crying, not after the wet nurse dies
What about Oedon?
>>
>>343544417
>no-one has ever met Mergo
the JP description for Mergo's Wet Nurse cord states that the Mensis accidentally summoned it by poking and prodding at said cord in an experiment.

So yes, the designers of the Mensis Ritual have met Mergo, and are in continuous contact with it. They know.
>>
>>343544818
Kos, Oedon and Mergo are all Great Ones, I was only counting Great Ones that you fight in-game

>Mergo's Wet Nurse isn't a Great One
objectively false

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Trophy+Guide
>>
>>343544862
shit, you're right. i always forget that bloodborne god are very talkavtive, well in that case, either they went off track somewhere OR the one rebor is something else entirely.
>>
>>343544586
>The Amy you fight is a mature one, the others are somehow immature

But how? I thought old ones give birth to stillborns?
>>
>>343545048
I'm betting that it's something else entirely. It just doesn't really make sense to waste all of their time and energy in giving Mergo a body
>>
>>343544967
Then it's a great one protecting another great one, which seems kind of redundant in a Nightmare
>>
>>343545168
but the great ones can still evolve in their lifetime
>>
One of my favorite bloodborne theories, and one I believe, is that the guy at the beginning cutscene is Oedon and he's the one that makes you dream and immune to the beast plague.
>>
>>343545352
but he gets btfo by a werewolf off-screen
>>
>>343545226
maybe it wasn't the fulfilment of a request of mergo's, but rather a try to get him INTO a body for some reason.
>>
File: 1462544723254.jpg (33 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
1462544723254.jpg
33 KB, 425x283
>great ones can't have children
>rom has trillions of faggot kids
something here doesn't add up
>>
>>343545241
not really. every baby needs a protector.

when the MP comes calling and wants to kidnap and/or kill it, somethings gotta keep Mergo safe

>>343545452
great ones can have kids, they just keep dying
>>
>>343545452
they're spawns, not biological kids
>>
>>343545429
it's more like the One Reborn was an attempt at the Mensis giving THEMSELVES a fancy new Great One body
>>
I'm sort of confused as to how the old ones even came to be. If they have trouble giving birth then how could they even exist? Could some precursor race have created them?
>>
File: nyfdyi.jpg (147 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
nyfdyi.jpg
147 KB, 1024x576
>>343544704
well said
>>
>>343545754
>Could some precursor race have created them?
don't overthink it, lest you stray into 343i - tier lore ruining
>>
>>343545634
also possible. but wouldn't heir bodies evolve together with their minds? why built a car if you get one for free on your 18th birthday, you know?

>>343545754
they were just there from the beginning of time
>>
>>343537128
>100+ pages
Not sure if worried or intrigued.
>>
>>343545818
I don't wanna talk about 343
>>
>>343545868
>but wouldn't heir bodies evolve together with their minds?
they're requesting Kos to physically plant eyes on their brains, ascendance is both a physical AND mental transition. Besides, you don't know the specifics, they could have thought that a collective Great One consciousness sounded like a cool deal
>>
>>343545754

"The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be. Not in the spaces we know, but between them, They walk serene and primal, undimensioned and to us unseen." - Necronomicon
>>
>>343540707
>the subtle clues to it
I only remember a weird laugh when I sent my first person there. That's when I knew I had fucked up, but I never suspected her to be a fake one. Then I found her up on a table in all fours, and an ayylium with Iosefka's vial at the entrance. At that point I was completely confused.
>>
>>343539584
>>343539813
I'm guessing they let gherman kill them thus freeing them from the dream and making them mortal?
>>
>>343542524
Yes. Patches was affected by Amy too and he's inhabiting the damn lecture hall.
>>
God fucking DAMMIT I love this lore so much more than any DS lore.

Except maybe Demon's Souls. Old King Doran was cool as fuck.
>>
>>343546150
>they could have thought that a collective Great One consciousness sounded like a cool deal
sounds reasonable. but why so god damn ugly?
>they're requesting Kos
this just hit me. shouldn't they know that Kos has been dead for long?
>>
>>343542723
Just look at their design chap. They're pseudo-Amygdalas. They even have the right number of limbs.
>>
>>343546383
yeha but why make them into hunters in the first place then?
>>
>>343546383
Yes, but they probably did something while the dreamt. I assume Djura was freed once he realised the truth and was unable to fulfill his purpose any longer. Dunno about Eileen.
>>
>>343546482
I wonder if the Sixth Archstone would've added anything else to the lore. But yeah, Demon's has a minimalism to it that makes it really appealing.
>>
>>343546540
>but why so god damn ugly?
it didn't work. the One Reborn is not a Great One, their experiment was a failure.

And I don't think they knew that Kos was dead
>see Great One on the shore
>see that it's seemingly been granting miracles to everyone around it
>start fucking with it
>get btfo, eldritch spooky shit happens
I don't think they ever realized that it was the Orphan doing everything, from within Kos' carcass
>>
>>343546719
They probably knew Kosm was dead, since the School of Mensis is an inheritor of the work the scholars of Byrgenwerth did, alongside the Choir. Death probably doesn't mean jackshit to beings like the Great Ones.
>>
>>343546719
why they were expecting help from the very being that cursed them all is another thing beyond me.
>>
>>343546719
also, the fish village people knew Kos was dead. They spoke of a child, before the Orphan crawled out at shore.
>>
>>343546905
and who says that Byrgenwerth knew that Kos was dead? if anything, the Mensis' mistake means that Byrgenwerth didn't know either

>death means nothing to Great Ones
while it doesn't end their existences like it would a mortal, it isn't exactly a trivial setback, either. When Rom dies, it can't continue blocking the ritual. When the MP dies, it presumably doesn't come right back to murder you immediately after the final cutscene of the game plays. When Kos died, it couldn't personally intervene to stop Byrgenwreth -- the nightmare was made by the Orphan. When the Wetnurse died, it couldn't stop Mergo from dying.

Death is definitely a non-ideal situation for them, it's a legitimate downgrade in power
>>
>>343546946
well there's a reason why they split away from the rest of the choir. the other church members probably called their plan retarded.

bonus failure: they didn't even succeed in contacting Kos. They drew the attention of the MP instead, and summoned the Blood Moon, not the yellow swiss cheese moon.
>>
So how many people besides me were disappointed there was shit-all to do in Cainhurst Castle with Annalise, even if/when you revived her?
>>
>>343547058
and Byrgenwerth wasn't exactly going around, asking their opinions and taking feedback, were they?
>>
I think my biggest problem with bloodborne lore is the fact that old ones can die.
If they're truly inspired by Lovecraft then they wouldn't be just simple boss fights. It'd be cool if they were more deep-lore instead of the main focus of the game.
>>
>>343547402
but that would mean mensis split from byrgenwyrth BEFORE they discovered Kos, which would make no sense
>>
>>343547571
No it doesn't, it means that Byrgenwerth got it wrong, and decades/centuries later, the Mensis were looking through Byrgenwerth's old records and inherited their mistake
>>
>>343547162
>and who says that Byrgenwerth knew that Kos was dead

Simple, Kosm washed up dead on the shore of the Fishing Hamlet, which lead to the people of the Hamlet becoming Kin of the Cosmos. That's what attracted Byrgenwerth in the first place, which lead to the Hunters, or people who would go on to become Hunters at least (which at least consists of Gehrman and Maria), who to raid the place. The Scholar's drilled holes into the heads of the villagers looking for the "eyes" lining their brains.

Since they raided the village, it stands to reason they also found Kosm's carcass.

>>343547447
I don't think Great Ones can truly die as we know it, but it's certainly an inconvenience. And I'm not bothered by the fact the Hunter can fight them, because he's arguably hardly even human anymore.
>>
>>343547669
hold on, you think byrgenwyrth mistook the Orphan alive inside his mother for a living Kos? make a lot of snse actually
>>
>>343545168

I was under the impression that all the amygdala are actually the same great one but since he's a great one, he can exist in multiple places at the same time
>>
>>343547740
I'm saying that they found Kos's carcass, but they thought it was still alive because they mistook the Orphan's actions for Kos's
>>
>>343547861
yes, that is what I'm saying
>>
So we're all in agreement that the doll is a great one and (in the true ending) masterminds a plan so she gets a child and doesn't lose it (the hunter) right?
>>
>>343548159
no, she's a doll
>>
>>343548159
the doll was a thing that was made, so I always thought that it was some kind of construction by the MP
>>
>>343545915

Read it, he tends to ramble but his ultimate conclusion is very satisfying.
>>
>>343548232
a doll that bleeds paleblood
>>
>>343545762
if cyber souls comes out and looks like this I'll kill myself, I hate this generic "millions of tiny angular metal pieces and lights" sci-fi design.
>>
>>343548159
No, she's just a doll made animate by human's feelings because of her existence in the Dreamlands.
>>
>>343546332
I immediately trusted the chapel dweller over "iosefka" simply because you can see the dweller but not iosefka. Sending everyone to some doctor you can't even see immediately struck me as creepy as fuck.
>>
>>343548342
Great Ones don't bleed paleblood. They bleed red. Look at Ebrietas, Amygdala, Moon Presence, and Wet Nurse.
>>
>>343548529
none of those are true big dick great ones except MP, but yeah he does bleed red.
>>
>>343548529
Ebrietas and the Celestial Emissary both bleed white

Kin Great Ones (aka man made Great Ones) bleed white. "natural" Great Ones do not
>>
>>343547447

Well this is heavily inspired by Lovecraft, but doesn't necessarily follow his great one rulebook to the letter. Besides the hunter is so powerful by endgame it's hardly just some human going around killing great ones, more like a demigod.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 301x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 301x312
I want bloody offcomers to pls leave. Hey, have you lot praised the church recently?
>>
>>343549004
No, I've just arrived. I was referred to see a "Doctor Iosefka," but I'm looking for acceptable insurance plans so that he doesn't bankrupt me when I visit him next week
>>
>>343548852
The Hunter is about as human as Wilbur Whateley after blood ministration. Even if he doesn't have gator hide, goat hooves, and mouthed tentacles on his ass.
>>
Doll is perfect!
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 480x608
>>343549120
I heard he does pro-bono work. Thing is, I can't remember where I heard that since I've never seen anyone come back from the clinic. Doctor Iosefka might even be a woman (ridiculous), or a pseudonym for all we know. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna have a big swig of warm, thick human blood as my head is shivering uncontrollably.
>>
hehehe...stupid hunter...
>>
>>343549596
Shut up Gehrman.
>>
>>343549004
my roommate keeps pacing our kitchen, with a scimitar, screaming about how "it's all my fault." I've locked myself in the bathroom, I'm scared, and I don't have any weapons. Call the Hunters pls
>>
are the Cainhurst nobles real Pthumerians, or are they just Pthumeru-boos?
>>
>>343549918
I peeked out my window and saw Father Gascoigne walking out of his house. Probably off to open the gate leading to the cathedral ward. Surely the Church will help!
>>
>>343549738
Don't drink that! There are giant spider octopus people climbing all over the chapel but I'm the ONLY ONE that can see them because I don't take the blood! It's true, I swear, one of them even grabbed me!
>>
Will enb or Vaati ever release a lore video that incorporates the Old Hunters dlc?
>>
File: Orphan.webm (3 MB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
Orphan.webm
3 MB, 950x534
>>343544704
This is one of the best summaries of the base idea behind Bloodborne

Well done anon
>>
>>343550607
>WEMB isn't titled Happy Birthday
>>
>>343547376
I was disappointed that there was shit-all to do in Cainhurst Castle at all, wish that area was larger. Love my snowy areas

But yeah, the Annalise questline is kind meh as well. If only they polished the covenants
>>
Watch these
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzGMMy3ptxzZ8L5SxNSVGSvs8e8IdHVH3

And these
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWmr0SQmJ64bt6mabLClTYa1r_hSdjO4M

And then you'll be ready for these
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ17Wuu7rVt7ytbFGwAHZSzq2kZKqRlfw
>>
>>343548798

Does anyone remember what colour doll bleeds?
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 479x492
>>343550526
Someone get this hothead out of here. Great ones aren't real. Now, kindly make your way into my office so we can have a discussion about knowledge. You can show me on the doll where the Great One touched you.
>>
>>343524173
In the nightmare.
In reality, Maria most certainly committed atrocities in the name of science along with the rest of the Byrghenwirth crowd. In the Hamlet and the research lab. That's why she was pulled into the nightmare at all, and why she tossed her blades aside.
What happened in the hamlet was over long ago, and the nightmare version of the hamlet reflects the places where the hunters' sins took place.
Maria guarding the way to the hamlet seems symbolic. She wants to hide the secrets of what happened in the hamlet, most likely because she's guilty and ashamed. Trying to hide and keep the secrets of the old hunters is a key aspect of the dlc nightmare.
You overcome the nightmare and symbolically undo the sins of the old hunters by killing the orphan and setting the sweet child of Kos free to return to the ocean.
>>
>>343550784
pure white
>>
>>343514849
Google the paleblood hunt, its a short book/essay by a fan. Its divided into facts and theories, there is no better lore writeup for this game atm and likely never will be. It is also way better then what annons here will tell you.
>>
>>343550854
Nice bait healing church shill, whenever I wear this giant metal cage on my head I talk to the invisible space monsters in my dreams. Try harder next time disinfo fag.
>>
>>343550935
Wonder if Gehrman scooped up some Great One blood and simply spilled it on his clockwork onahole doll one day , causing it to come to life?
>>
>>343550928
I think that it goes further than that.

I think that Maria forged the Hunter's Nightmare, with the help of the Orphan. Remember that she was employed by the Church, and had access to the Astral Clocktower, which is a device that tunnels into the Nightmare. After the Orphan fled into the Nightmare, she was employed by the Church, and I think they found out how to get to the Nightmare hamlet using the Clocktower. They asked Maria to scout, and she made the Hunter's Nightmare as a means of guarding the Hamlet, so that no-one would be able to get to it and break the curse of blood.

Remember that she's the one in the intro cursing the Hunters. I'd be willing to bet lots of money that Maria is the host of the Hunter's Nightmare
>>
>>343551000
it already has been posted on this thread>>343537128
>>
>>343551154
Man, Gehrman was just such a creepy fucker
But god damn, that cutscene was amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRNyWNw0jbw
>>
>>343551115
>whenever I wear this giant metal cage on my head I talk to the invisible space monsters in my dreams

Yeah right, and the castle in the lake is inhabited by blood drinking aristocrats who descends from an ancient civilization that lives beneath the earth and practice mystic rituals using blood.
As if anyone is that gullible.
>>
>>343551568
Next thing you're going to tell me is that the neat school up the road has the equivilant of a god inside their lake. What a silly thing to say
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 424x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 424x317
>>343551115
>current year
>doubting the Church
Go back inside, stop dreaming, and stay away from the door to the Forbidden Woods. We'll be sending a cleric to have a nice long chat with you.
>>
The scourge of beasts kinda sucks. I mean, I just finished eating my neighbor. On the bright side though, my one extra long arm lets me jack my furry beast dick better.
>>
>>343552072
>Not using the scourge to your advantage
>Not eating that hot housewife down the road
>Not ripping your boss in half
You aren't being very creative
>>
did the gascoignes have a happy marriage?
>>
File: 1460320685317.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1460320685317.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>343552918
I bet Gascoigne was a big guy for his wife
>>
>>343552918
I think so. I'm also under the assumption that it wasn't Gassy who killed Viola, but a mob, and he lost it when he found them and tore them a brand new asshole
>>
>>343552918
Definitely

Up until this hunt, of course.
>>
File: papa.jpg (64 KB, 736x1040) Image search: [Google]
papa.jpg
64 KB, 736x1040
>>343552918
Yes unfortunately ;_;
>>
>>343553192
i think that's obvious, it probably happened very recently before the fight. i think the guy he's chopping up nicely killed viola
>>
What the great ones want cant be comprehended. The game repeats that the great one thinks Beyond the scope of.humans.
>>
>>343553119
>I bet Gascoigne was a big guy for his wife
http://streetteeth.tumblr.com/post/139567013961/im-just-gunna-say-this-is-done-because-i-probably
warning: 2lewd for blue 4chan
>>
>>343553797
Jesus. He would fucking split her in half
>>
>>343553901
there are moar drawings at the bottom of the page too
>>
>>343553639
There are arguments for either case. It could be argued that, after finishing with Viola, he turned his attention to the poor schmucks in the graveyard
It also could be argued that the schmucks in the graveyard killed Viola, and Gassy just went to town, and was wrapping up when your sorry ass shows up
>>
File: latest-1.png (515 KB, 686x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
515 KB, 686x1080
>>343552072
>>343552790
speaking of beast scourges, some fuckers locked me in the workshop tower and I could really use some help getting out.

I've been in here for too long guys, my only form of sustainance is these idiots who keep jumping from the door at the top for some reason and dying from the impact.
>>
>>343553901
some girls are into that bro
>>
File: best couple.png (1 MB, 1280x712) Image search: [Google]
best couple.png
1 MB, 1280x712
>>343553797
This one's actually pretty cute in a weird way
>>
File: tumblr_o22hc7yox81ua580uo1_1280.png (2 MB, 1280x1578) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o22hc7yox81ua580uo1_1280.png
2 MB, 1280x1578
>>343554196
I wonder if she stalled using the music box if he started transforming during sex, and waited until he tried to eat her. That beast cock had to be huge
>>
why is Mergo's Wetnurse arena covered in human bones?
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>343553797
DELETE THIS
>>
File: Bloodborne_NPC_Gilbert.png (496 KB, 400x673) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_NPC_Gilbert.png
496 KB, 400x673
>>343554071
Lucky you. I'm stuck in my fucking house, coughing my lungs out, and random schmuck outside keeps trying to get me to talk to him. He seems nice enough, though
>>
>>343554826
>actually trying to sew up his wounds
just pop a blood vial lol
>>
>>343554914
Sky burial
>>
>>343554936
I refuse, and I don't see why you would want me to
>>
>>343555007
Have you thought about what that shit does to your leg? You're literally ramming a fucking needle into your leg without caring where it goes. Your thigh would look like cheese
>>
>>343555103
Interbeastial relationships are inhuman you degenerate
>>
>>343555148
>implying that it also doesn't heal the needle wound

>>343555214
Gascoigne doesn't count as a beast until he goes berserk in phase 2 of the fight. He was human before that point.
>>
>>343554963
Just give him a gift and he'll probably fuck off.

Speaking of weirdos, some shady motherfucker just told me to go to the chapel, but I think it's a trap. Fuck him I'm going to the clinic instead.
>>
File: tumblr_ntey2sPsb71r0ydf9o1_500.jpg (147 KB, 483x651) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntey2sPsb71r0ydf9o1_500.jpg
147 KB, 483x651
>>343555395
Don't do it man, that Iosefka chick is pretty cute, but I think the moon is getting to her. She seems kinda fucking crazy now
>>
>>343555567
that just makes her better, fool. grab some eyes before saying something like that again
>>
File: 1436844612054.jpg (199 KB, 582x692) Image search: [Google]
1436844612054.jpg
199 KB, 582x692
>>
>>343555567
You expect me to trust a Hunter? I bet you're one too.

This town's finished, I swear to god.
>>
>>343555623
>Grab some eyes
>>
>>343555867
>that pic
delete your post
>>
>>343555801
Dude, that nice lady down the street went to the Chapel, I think her name was Arianna. I'm going wherever she goes, her blood is pretty fucking sweet
>>
Did Arianna sell her body, or is being a prostitute in Yharnam being an unauthorized blood donor?
>>
>>343556081
I assume, given how big blood is in Yarnham, that she just gave blood. Blood is bigger than alchohol, so there's no reason it wouldn't be bigger than sex, too
Yarnham is just fucking crazy
>>
>>343555989
I wouldn't recommend it man, I've heard stories of people disappearing and that weird beggar guy outside gives me the creeps. My buddy who works for the Church used to hang around there and even he decided to fuck off after he heard that guy talking to himself.
>>
>having to re-load your guns will never be implemented because of rushed deadlines
just fuck my shit up, Namco
>>
>>343556368
I can stand the beggar dude, but I'm not going near the clinic. Iosefka keeps talking to herself, and at least there's people at the chapel
>>
>>343547376
Cainhurst feels unfinished to me. The area had potential to be so much more, but instead it's just a Castlevania tribute. Mind you, I like it, but it's underwhelming given the possibilities it could have. I'd give my left nut for a final DLC, set in Cainhurst and expanding upon it.
>>
The Moon Presence caused Beasthood, way back in the days of Pthumeru, right?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.