[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Shitty fucking PC friends. I posted yesterday about my ex-friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: 1466084526267.gif (432 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
1466084526267.gif
432 KB, 500x394
ITT: Shitty fucking PC friends.
I posted yesterday about my ex-friend and his faggotry, so I'm going to share the wors of him to kick it off.

>Play consoles all my life while friend calls me a pleb
>He is constantly buying new parts and upgrades for his "super rig" to run all the "new hardware"
>Spends ALL his money on his PC, and lots of his dad's
>I finally build myself one, ignoring his suggestions for stupid overpirced shit that I don't need
>He laughs at my PC for only have a 770 or an i5, calls me a pleb pretender
>Whatever, at least I can play all these games he plays now
>he only plays Dota 2
>he's spent easily upwards of 11k on his PC just to play thousands of hours of dota 2
>He'll point out a game that looks fun, and buy it, then abandon it after an hour to play more Dota 2
>Any game I recommend to him that's popular is a meme game, and anything that isn't well known is "indieshit" or shovelware
>Suddenly he finishes Uni, has no job and no money
>Gets kind of depressed
>He spends months going on about how he wants GTA 5 so badly
>I decide to try cheer him up on his birthday and send him it at midnight
>"Happy Birthday anon, I'll play with you later brah"
>He installs it and plays it while I'm at work
>We play like an hour or two when I'm home when he starts spouting memes out-loud about how it's worse than GTA 4
>Links me a video about GTA 4 being better
>says "2016, buying rockstar memes" over skype
>Uninstalls the game
>He doesn't even have GTA 4
>>
>>343512063
Sounds like videogames are the least of this guy's problems tbqh
>>
File: 1449680786582.png (3 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1449680786582.png
3 MB, 1600x1200
It's an addiction, dawg.

You aren't the only one in that position, shit is fairly common what with MOBAs being popular.
>>
>>343512218
>tried to play Dota 2
>Everyone's a cunt to new players
>Game isn't even that fun
>Ask people why Dota 2 is considered better
>They don't tell me, they instead just tell me why others are shit

are MOBAs really just a black hole for your time? thank fuck I never got hooked.
>>
>>343512476
yes.
>>
>>343512476
yes, it's even worse now that people advise you what to build in unranked pub games, even had people flaming in 10v10 custom matches
>>
>>343512063
Abandon his ass. He sounds like a fucking moronic hivemind /v/irgin. It sounds like he tries to have "superior" taste but ends up being a dick who can no longer have fun. He's an elitist prick in other words, fuck him. He ain't your friend he's a loser.
>>
Not your blog, consolebaby
>>
Dota 2 fucking sucks, it's so goddamn boring, for the life of me, i will never understand why it's as popular as it is. And you know what the kicker is? It is LITERALLY just a clunkier LoL, except you can deny towers and minions, and LoL is just as fucking boring, i know, i got to 30, i gave it a chance. I am thoroughly confounded chums
>>
yeah pcucks are annoying
>>
>>343512063
neat blog, favorited and followed. :^)
>>
why are you still friends with him, is it because he's your only friend?
>>
>>343513434
PCucksole here, there are retarded shitters in both spectrums
>>
>>343512063
wait a second faggot, DOOM is a PC game, give us our meme back

unless you've played it on a printer, watch, microwave, or ATM
>>
I think I have a similar friend. He's like the ultimate pcuck, but he's not really chauvinistic or elitist about it, well, sorta.

He literally only plays indie shit and when he doesn't he pirates every game. So I ask him why he paid real money for undertale, but refuses to pay for real games he literally told me "i'm pc master race bruh". Honestly disgusting.

And he's super autistic too, he plays the same autistic f2p online games all day and rarely deviates from it. Meanwhile here I am trying different games on different platforms and playing games through emulation I never played before when they were in vogue. I mean it's just so frustrating to be with somebody so narrowminded. I think he's had a steam account for over 10 years but has like 30-40 games in total.
>>
>>343513609
>microwave
I want to see this
>>
File: 1465337114841.png (26 KB, 326x357) Image search: [Google]
1465337114841.png
26 KB, 326x357
>>343513520
>>
>>343512476
>Everyone's a cunt to new players
>Everyone's a cunt
ftfy
>>
>>343513190
10v10 and imba is the only custom game with tryhards. Try anything else anf it's fine desu
>>
>>343513520
Dumb frog poster

>my ex-friend

What is reading comprehension
>>
>>343512476

yep

at least the custom games are starting to come along
>>
>>343513797
those other things all exist but funnily enough I can't find any evidence of it running on a microwave (probably because of the display being only numbers) or a smart fridge
>>
>>343512063
I have the same argument with my friends.

>hey PCKEK want to play CONSOLE GAME
>Nah, I'll just wait for it to come to PC and emulate it.

Why not just play it now? especially if it's right in front of you
>>
>>343514395
yeah that's why I wanted to see exactly that
are there microwaves with led displays rather than just pre determined number screens
>>
>>343514461
He probably has other games to play, it's not like there's a shortage of them.
>>
>>343512063
not trying to marginalize this asshole you describe here, but you are the real idiot for being friends with him here.
>>
>>343514851
Ex-friend, anon.
It's his ex-friend.
>>
>>343512063
How did you break up with him?
>>
>>343512476
It's not worth it solo unless you played since bnet days and are in top tiers.
>>
>>343514749
You pcucks don't play games besides dota 2 anyway so no
>>
>>343514960
Deleted him off steam.
Saw him in a shop and he asked why, I said because he's a boring faggot and got on with my life, so I could use his autism to get precious (you)s on 4chan.
>>
>>343513979
I´m not.
>>
File: 1465162991898.jpg (78 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
1465162991898.jpg
78 KB, 444x460
>friends only want to play CSGO or Overwatch
>literally have no friends who play the games I do
>>
>>343515086
>so I could use his autism to get precious (you)s on 4chan.
How old are you
>>
>>343515358
>unironically trying to act smart and mature

fuck off to re ddit where you belong
>>
>>343515358
>thinking I was serious

I like reading "that kid" threads of nostalgic cringe, and this seemed similar, anon. That's all.
>>
File: mc ride is in pain.jpg (47 KB, 406x408) Image search: [Google]
mc ride is in pain.jpg
47 KB, 406x408
>whenever I talk to friend we end up chatting for hours
>I'm always the one who has to initiate the conversation and half the time he doesn't even say anything
>conversations are always incredibly one-sided, I'll always ask him how he's been or what he's been doing but he never seems to give a shit about me enough to ask

I'm beginning to think he doesn't actually like me and I've just been misinterpreting signals since day one
>>
Just for context, I have a really shitty laptop that hasn't been working the past few months, on top of not being able to play games at a high FPS, the mouse has stopped working and it overheats doing anything

>Play Hotline Miami 2 cause that shit is fun
>Some guy adds me one day
>"Hey I saw you're pretty active in the hotline community c:"
>Whatever
>We talk for a couple months or so
>Eventually he wants me to join a DarkRP game with some of his friends
>Invites me to their skype call
>"Come on Anon use your voice, you aren't 5 are you?"
>Tell them im uncomfortable with talking online (I know im a pussy)
>This works for a couple weeks
>Eventually I accidentally have my mic on and they hear me
>Anon, you're a girl?
>Before this we were mild friends, now these guys are sucking up to me like hell
>Go offline for a week or so
>Come back, 25 new comments 2 gifts and 200 unread chat messages
>These guys are desperate
>Eventually the magic wears off and now they fucking hate me cause I won't have e-sex with them and show my tits
>Now I occasionally want to play a game with the original Hotline Miami guy and hes just playing Overwatch 24/7
Anyone here play Defcon?
>>
>>343515083
Personally I play Stardew Valley right now, never touched dota 2 except for checking out the in game camera/commentator system when a tournament ran. Pretty neat stuff, reminded me of C&C 3 shoutcast.
>>
>>343512063
You're friends with /v/?
>>
>>343515709
Nah m8, he's probably just autistic or socially retarded because he wasn't socialized as a kid. I have a friend like that too. Literally he's like an empty shell. He probably has a lot to say but he's just autistic
>>
>>343512063

Yeah this didn't happen at all
>>
>>343515083
So you were shitposting the entire time?
>>
>>343516000
Like you're doing just now with your master race memes? Go back to le ddit
>>
>>343515720
I don't play Defcon with girls, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>343516067
I haven't posted any master race memes, that was my first post in the thread. You ok man?
>>
>>343515709

I know this feel all too well.
>>
>>343515709
Oh no I'm sure they appreciate it.
>>
File: 1448728116560.gif (192 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1448728116560.gif
192 KB, 300x300
>>343512476
I got hooked for about 400 hours (I know it's babytime), got stomped on byuù everyone trying to learn the game and watching tutorials, then before I even tried ranked I realized I was wasting my time with it because it was either losing horribly or winning and wanting to win again and losing once more. It got especially frustrating with friends, who have insanely high standards for playing, and now they only play dota. It's not about playing a video game, it's about learning numbers and memorizing mechanics to a T.

Fuck mobas
>>
>>343515709

I do this but i'm autistic as fuck
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.