[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here actually use Gamefly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: gamefly.jpg (10 KB, 283x254) Image search: [Google]
gamefly.jpg
10 KB, 283x254
Does anyone here actually use Gamefly?
>>
>>343508449
it still exists?
>>
>>343508449
I used it for 3 months several years back when I didn't have much money for games.
Takes them fucking forever to deliver the damn games and the only reason I used Gamefly instead of a renting games from a store was because I live in rural fucking midwest america and rental places around here only stock at best the new hot thing.
>>
>>343508875
>Takes them fucking forever to deliver the damn games
For real, I don't understand how it can be so hard.

I have literally one game in my "Q", which said "Available Now" last night. There's no option to send it while it's available or have them ship it, I just have to wait for them to "automatically" send it or whatever, which has yet to happen and the stock has changed to "Low Availability".
It's fucking pathetic. At this rate I won't even be able to get the game and send it back before the trial is over, and I'm not giving these fucks my money.
>>
>>343508990
Snail mail is fucking slow.
It takes a day for your shitty post office to process your package, a day for it to travel. A to process at Gamefly's post office (if not more when you are trying to rent a newer game), day to travel again.
takes a fucking week or so every time you want a new game.
>>
>>343508990
Why the fuck would you use gamefly for one game?
That is a massive waste of money.
>>
>>343509086
I haven't even reached the point where I can have those issues to complain about, because they won't even ship it out in the first place.

Shit's wack.
>>
>>343509176
You obviously are.
You are trying to rent a newish game.
They have very limited stock for each of the areas available.

Better off getting rather obscure or old titles. Or at least multiple titles so when the first 1 or 3 games don't ship you get your 4th or 8th.

Gamefly blows though
>>
>>343508449
I used to. I think I cancelled last year because now I just buy the games I want, and I find myself playing a lot more on PC now anyway. I used to use it for games that friends would say "LOL U HAVE TO PLAY IT WOW" like Bioshock Infinite or TLOU. Boy am I glad I didn't spend 60, especially that first one.

I love the reduced prices and coupons though, I bought persona Q at 20 dollars, and they shipped the wild card edition.
>>
Used to.
I combination of it taking for ever and me not really playing the games i got made me cancel it.
>>
>>343509154
>At this rate I won't even be able to get the game and send it back before the trial is over
>before the trial is over
>trial
Try reading next time.

>>343509351
>You obviously are.
What I mean is you described a bunch of problems that only happen after they send it out.

>They have very limited stock for each of the areas available.
And their site has been lying about the stock.

>Better off getting rather obscure or old titles
I've already canceled my trial. I just wanted to try out a specific game before buying it, one from last year even, but it was so slow it wasn't even worth it. I'd rather cancel with a middle finger than wait a week for it to get here, play it, then try to send it back only for it to take too long and have them charge me even after cancelling the trial because they didn't get their slow-ass game shipment back fast enough.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.