[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DON'T RELAX JUST YET MARINES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: header.jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35 KB, 460x215
>game ends with the discovery of the Alien homeworld
>no game ever continues the story
It's not the franchises fault that Rebellion are shit developers, hand it off to someone who knows what they're doing and continue the god damn story.
>>
I never understood why people complained so much about this game, the only "problem" i had with it was the rock paper scissor melee gameplay in MP, but i never felt like that was such a big deal.
>>
I had a lot of fun with the single player, it's a shame the MP never worked and only had a few fun game modes.
But aside from the twist at the end the story was pretty lacklustre, although all three stories interlinking was pretty cool.
>>
>aliens having a homeworld

fuck that retard noise

I know prometheus got a lot of flack for its characters, but in terms of plot it got a couple of things very right especially with its implication that xenolife was used as a weapon of mass destruction by the engineers that turn all life into eldritch horrors

there is just no point in giving those things a homeworld because they only exist to fuck shit up and after they're through with that, there is really nothing else for them to do
>>
File: 1466223770492.png (74 KB, 540x261) Image search: [Google]
1466223770492.png
74 KB, 540x261
Campaign was way too short, and there wasn't any bots/splitscreen multiplayer.
>>
2010 was garbage, completed all three campaigns in less than four hours and the story was shit.
Multiplayer rarely worked and only had one decent map.
>>
>>343509334
I can appreciate that concept.
Do you not think that in the hands of someone who's essentially making a non-canon spin on the franchise, that making a Geiger-world would be interesting?
>>
>>343508316
>>343509334
read the books faggots

aliens are a colonizing species, they do have a home planet but it is no more significant to the other planets they have colonized
>>
>>343509861
>read the books faggots

nah
>>
This game had a decent single player, but considering I've spent about 2 years of my life entirely on AvP2 multiplayer, this left me wanting more

>no evac mode
>no classes
>no evolution/lifecycle
>no mechs
>no class pre-set loadouts
>hunt is only marine vs pred
>rock paper scissors combat
>barely reliable motion sensor
>no taunts (except for the aliens hiss)
>really small maps
>aliens have x-ray vision

Just give me AvP3 please. The Savior patch also didn't really save the previous game's MO
>>
>>343510536
>MO
MP
>>
I actually enjoyed the game. Maybe because i only played AvP 2 after it and so i had less expectations.

The campaigns might have been short but there wasn't really a need to make them longer. The Marine campaign was overall well done and the Alien campaign while being the weakest still let you get a decent feel for the creatures. And Predator were fine as well.

The MP had potential but the lack of anticheat plus bugs resulting into you doing no damage against players who know how to activate said bugs killed it. I still reached the final rank and unlocked everything.
>>
>>343508316
I love this fucking game desu.

There's still a small but pretty dedicated group playing it online too. It's fun to jump back in to every couple months.
>>
File: 15376.gif (583 KB, 499x240) Image search: [Google]
15376.gif
583 KB, 499x240
Let's leave the Alien franchise to rest a bit before someone fucks its corpse again with something like Prometheus or Colonial Marines.
>>
>>343509113
Predator Hunt and Infestation were fun as fuck, I miss them
>>
File: ece.png (243 KB, 615x347) Image search: [Google]
ece.png
243 KB, 615x347
Rebellion wanted to make a sequel to it but SEGA rather wanted to invest all their Alien money into Colonial Marines in hope it becomes a megahit-

And so Rebellion moved on to make Sniper Elite.
>>
>>343511236
You do realize that you can still play multiplayer?
>>
File: servers.png (46 KB, 992x563) Image search: [Google]
servers.png
46 KB, 992x563
>>343511587
Not him. Yes you can but just look at it.
>>
>>343511587
As >>343510740 said there are plenty of hackers now.
>>
>>343511997
There aren't any hackers anymore actually.

Atleast i haven't seen one in a while and i still go back into the game every few weeks to play with the mostly russian population on the 1-2 only active servers.

The hackers are what killed the game in the first place. Now that its pretty much dead there ain't no reason to hack anymore.
>>
>>343512117
>The hackers are what killed the game in the first place.
Being a buggy mess is what killed it.
>>
>>343512176
The only buggy thing about the MP was the the invincibility bug. There is a short window in which you can start an attack as a predator which completely erases all the damage you take.

Besides that the maps were mostly unbalanced and so not really appealing. People like forcing others to play on that one map where they are good at.
>>
>>343509861
The books came after the movie? Are they good?
>>
>>343512345
>Sometimes the motion tracker will take a few seconds to appear but still makes the noise.
>Sometimes when using a stealth kill or a kill move from the front, the CG kill scene will be skipped and the victim will just fall down dead.
>In the C-Block, the player may fall through the floor in the first hallway. You don't die. Your bullets and light goes through the floor but nothing can get you, except acid.
>In the Pyramid even when a wall is shut e.g., staircase sometimes you can still acsess the other room.
Also less gameplay mechanics than AvP 2.
The singleplayer had ten times the amount of shittery.
>>
File: oh shit.jpg (909 KB, 4000x2259) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.jpg
909 KB, 4000x2259
>>343510902
Alien Isolation was top tier. Totally different from AVP, but imagine if a sequel/spinoff had you running from both an Alien AND a Predator.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.