[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inverted or non inverted?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
Inverted or non inverted?
>>
with that mentality, you should be inverted horizontally too
but no one does that because it's stupid as hell
>>
Vertical doesn't matter too much, horizontal is where things get weird.
>>
>>343507330

What he said.
>>
Normal because i'm not a retard that plays shooters with a controller.
>>
invert-y all day erday
>>
Shootman is not a plane.
Also, >stick
>>
>>343507330
>with that mentality, you should be inverted horizontally too

No because it controls your feet
>>
>>343507276
>>343507330
>>343507407
>>343507465
>>343507428

because when you play inverted, you control your head instead of the crosshair which actually does make sense (look at the picture)

not that i play inverted but i can understand it
>>
>>343507276
Normal is how your brain moves your head, inverted is puppet controlling your head (controlling the muscles like toribash).
>>
I don't imagine it as moving my head, I'm just moving the crosshair, so when I move my mouse up, the crosshair also moves up
>>
>>343507756
This.

I grew up playing pc games. A lot of games were inverted buy default but I can understand both perspectives and can adapt to either or. I do prefer inverted still but if forced I can use non invert perfectly fine. I tend to notice younger players have a really difficult time playing inverted but that's perfectly understandable
>>
>>343507756
>because when you play inverted, you control your head instead of the crosshair
Yes anon because when I look upwards, I'm thinking "I pull the back of my head down"
>>
doesnt matter. i quickly adapt to either style.
>>
Only people who I'd imagine use inverted are pilots.
>>
inverted obviously
>>
>>343507276

Non-inverted for absolutely everything except for when using a plane.
>>
>>343508364

The only correct answer on the thread.
>>
>>343508484
There is no correct answer. It's a matter of perspective.
>>
i move the thing in the direction i want thing to point
>>
some backwards opposite-day contrarian motherfucker thinking he's clever. fuck him, i hate him
>>
>>343507276
L O L
>>
>>343508616
What
>>
I've grown used to inverted because I believe there wasn't a choice in GoldenEye 007, mine and a lot of peoples' first shootytooty.
>>
>>343508724
>goldeneye is almost 20 years old

Fuck
>>
>>343507276

The people who play non-inverted never grew up with a Nintendo 64 or GameCube. It was always the default, and most games never let you change it.
>>
>>343508546
this

I love retards being completely dismissive of another's playstyle

There is nothing to look down upon how a person customizes their controls; it's a matter of comfort and how your brain is wired
>>
Syphon Filter on PS1 made me inverted. I dont think there was even an option for normal
>>
>>343507276
Normal X, inverted Y, cause I'm a madman.
>>
Not inverted.

If I have a controller and move the stick up I want the camera to move up. When I move the stick down I want the camera to move down. The point of controlling the camera to me is that whatever direction you move the stick is matched by the camera exactly. Besides, most games default to or outright only have non-inverted controls. Makes little sense to try and break away from that common choice.
>>
>>343508805
Fuck, indeed.
>To this day, I haven't felt the same sense of exploration as I have with Mystical Ninja Starting Goemon
>This was sixteen (16) years ago
>>
>>343509016
>If I have a controller and move the stick up I want the camera to move up.
But if you're pushing the top of the stick up, you're actually pushing the bottom of the stick down.
>>
Non inverted for anything and everything. Yes, this includes planes autists
>>
>>343507276
>look forward
>looks down
>look back
>looks up
retarded
>>
>>343509320
>But if you're pushing the top of the stick up, you're actually pushing the bottom of the stick down.

I'll be honest, I reread this and I'm still not getting it. Maybe I'm tired, but what? If you have a controller facing up where all the buttons and shit are facing you, pushing the right stick upwards takes the bottom of the stick up as well. Call me retarded, but I'm not getting what you're trying to say.
>>
Who else played FFXII with its terrible camera, then committed the worst of crimes
Played with X-Axis Inverted
>>
File: 1456860976308.jpg (25 KB, 318x307) Image search: [Google]
1456860976308.jpg
25 KB, 318x307
Third person = Inverted
First person = Normal
>>
>>343507276
Since some games reverse what regular or inverted directions are I'll just say that

when it comes to first person view
If I wanna look left, I move the camera left
When I wanna look up, I move the camera up and etc
>>
>stick
>>
>>343507276
Non-inverted master race
>>
>>343507276
I seriously hate it when games default to inverted, and you have to go a long period of time before you can access the menu to change it.

Then again I'm sure that's what people who prefer inverted think as well considering most games usual normal camera control.
>>
I always invert Y, i dunno when it started. Back in the PS2 days i never did that.
>>
if there's a crosshair on the screen, i don't invert, because it's more reminiscent of a mouse cursor.
>>
>>343507276
Never inverted unless in a plane or chopter.
Calling it inverted there is retarded though since it's by design correct, not inverted.
>>
I prefer regular to inverted unless it's some kind of vehicle that would actually have the inversion.

That having been said, offering inverted controls in basically all games should be standard. There's really no excuse these days.
>>
If a game doesn't have an invert option, it's literally unplayable for me :^(
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.