[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth 28$? I never played any metal gear game but this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
Is it worth 28$? I never played any metal gear game but this game always looked fun, I just don't know if I'll enjoy it without any knowladge about the world/characters
>>
Just play MGS1
>>
gameplay-wise it's probably the best thing I've played in years
>>
>>343502625
Buy MGS3 (or buy one of those MGS collections)
>>
>>343502625
Release order you fucking idiot.
>>
>>343502690
If I don't I won't enjoy it?
>>
>>343502625
If you don't know anything about the story then you'll probably think it's much better than MGS fans do.

It's an operator simulator where you build your own army, develop your own gear, and go on the missions you want.

Like ArmA 3 but not going full retard.
You'll just have to put up with the weaboo story every 5 missions, the 1 hour intro and certain weaboo gameplay elements like the fulton.
>>
>>343503129
No but if you do end up playing V and enjoying it you'll you wish you played them in release order
>>
>>343502625
Go for it brah.
>>
Everything after Chapter 1 was shit.
>>
>OP thinks a game looks fun and may give it a go
>autists sperg out and force him to play about 40 hours, 20 of which will be cutscenes before, when we don't even know if he'll put up with the retarded MGS story
>>
>>343502625
>>343503159
pretty much this anon. you dont need to go full autism and play every single game to get a story that doesnt even make sense. the gameplay is very good, something that I have not seen in a long time.
>>
I really enjoyed the game. Story is tresh, but gameplay is phenomenal, but repetitive. There's enough ways to approach the repetitive missions to keep yourself entertained.
>>
>>343503247
Ground Zeroes was better, maps were empty, Kojima is a hack, bla bla bla.

There, we already got the daily dose of MGSV cries for one day, let's go back to explaining to the OP what he cares about, which is obviously not the story.
>>
File: 1456658608464.png (1022 KB, 887x1438) Image search: [Google]
1456658608464.png
1022 KB, 887x1438
>Is it worth 28$?
no.
Its the worst game in the series.

Play MGS3
>>
>>343502625
go for it, it's got a good 50 hours of gameplay in it before you have to start mixing it up.

All you need to know about the story is that there's this soldier called Snake or Big Boss who owns a private army and he's a pretty cool dude. He got fucked over last time we saw him and this is his return.
>>
>>343503380
Yeah, make him put up with the retarded James Bond ripoff: weebshit edition story, the biggest Mary Sue in gaming, the clunky as fuck gameplay, and having him spend half the gameplay time dwelling in menus changing camos.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>343502625
If you are on PC, pirate Ground Zeroes, it's basically the demo, and you'll see there if it's your thing.
Plus, is the prologue of the game.
>>
Why do people pay for videogames?
>>
I've been playing it from a friends library and it's really fun. Already clonked in like 20 hours and I only downloaded it 2 days ago.
>>
>>343502625
>I never played any metal gear game
Then yes.
Game is fun and when you didn't play previous ones you won't notice why is so bad.
>>
>>343503557
That would imply the previous MGS games had a good story.
>>
The story is ass but the gameplay is amazing so its probably best you don't play prior titles
>>
>>343502625
Disregard all faggotry OP.
This game is FUN AS ALL FUCK.
The people who say it sucks are the poor bastards who pirated it and can't play online. I bought MGSV at release and still play it off-and-on 'till this day.
>>
>>343503594
They were over the top, but I like them.
>>
>>343503690
>The people who say it sucks are the poor bastards who pirated it and can't play online
The ones who say it sucks is because of the story, MGO died in like 7 weeks.
>>
File: MGSV time.jpg (14 KB, 253x172) Image search: [Google]
MGSV time.jpg
14 KB, 253x172
>>343502625
i purchased MGSV at release. i've played 1 MG game before this (MGS on PS1). i thoroughly enjoyed 100%ing MGSV.
>>
>>343503739
The main character of the franchise is a ripoff of the main character of a movie that's basically a parody of 80's action movies.
That should tell you enough about the story of the saga.
>>
>>343503380
>Its the worst game in the series
That's MGS4
>>
>>343503803
mgs takes its themes seriously, not its plot.
>>
>>343503594
edgy
>>
>>343503979
>themes
It completely failed to deliver any of the themes.
In fact, MGS3 has no theme.
>>
>>343503803
I know that and it doesn't change anything for me.
The only thing I didn't liked in series (besides whole unfinished mgsv thing) was liquid arm.
>>
>>343502625
>I just don't know if I'll enjoy it without any knowladge about the world/characters
I think this is going to be the only way you'll enjoy it.

Because otherwise it's a slap in the face and a shit in the mouth sort of a game
>>
>>343504014

>mgs2 failed to deliver on the themes of information control and legacy

okay, anon
>>
>>343504105
you're describing 4, this was more of a "let's take their money and run" sort of game
>>
>>343503440
>the clunky as fuck gameplay
Am I the only one who's never had any sort of issue with the controls of MGS?

I really, really don't see why people call them clunky.
They control just fine, the only real issue I ever had was firing my weapon in MGS1.

>>343504169
I liked 4 though
>>
>>343504237
>I liked 4 though

did you like 2?
>>
>>343504237
Try shooting in MGS3, and try it in MGSV.
Hell, you couldn't even crouch in previous MGS games.
>>
>>343504302
I like the entire series up through 4.

Peace Walker pissed me the fuck off though and I kind of wish I had just stopped with 4 since it gave me this real sense of closure

>>343504309
Yeah sure, quality of life improvements, whatever
But like, being slightly better in later installments doesn't suddenly make the earlier games this ridiculous hurdle to get used to.

I only got to play these games when Legacy came out, so I'm dealing with MGS1's 1998 controls in like 2013 or whenever, and it felt just fine. I wouldn't even call it dated, there was no "getting used to" (except the aiming), I picked it up really easily.
>>
venom
quiet
unrequited love
>>
>>343504237
Anything that isn't the homogenized controls of HaloDuty is considered clunky by most of today's "gamers"
>>
>>343504481
>Peace Walker pissed me the fuck off though and I kind of wish I had just stopped with 4 since it gave me this real sense of closure

see, I felt that with 2, and 4 felt like them going back and ruining most of it just to tie everything together when many things had no need to be tied up
>>
>>343502625
just dont expect anything from the ending.
>>
fuck it I bought it
>>
>>343502625
i have always said i was going to play through this series and it never happened. but i literally just got a job, so i can finally get the collection and this one. i onyl played rising and metal gear solid 4 when i first got my ps3 and loved them a lot.
>>
Go ahead and buy both Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain, OP. MGSV as a whole is pretty standalone compared to the other Metal Gears. It's the first I've played and I had a blast with it.
>>
>>343504698
Well, I'll admit that the infodumps in MGS4 are a bit hamfisted but Kojima's hands were kind of tied since he wanted to definitively end the story and there was a lot of story that had to end.

As for the content of the story, though, I wasn't too bothered and actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

PW, on the other hand, not only dumbed down the gameplay to this grindy tedium with boring, rocket sponge bosses, but the story was effectively filler (especially when all ties MGSV has to PW get blown the fuck up in GZ), and spent far too long dwelling on MGS3's ending (what is it, like FOUR times we run through Boss's fight/death again?), and the peace motifs were really forced, and Hot Coldman was a boring, forgettable villain, and the voice acting was bad

I just really can't find anything to enjoy about PW. In fact, the longer I played it, the more I hated it.
The only time I ever enjoyed playing PW was when I did the missions that were, like, mini-games. So I enjoyed PW when I wasn't playing PW, basically.
>>
>>343503159
>weaboo gameplay elements like the fulton.

Weaboo really has lost all meaning.
>>
>>343505425
he meant "gookgrind"
>>
why not just pirate it
>>
>>343503286
>neo /v/: the post

Why do I still visit this board?
>>
How do I install Weapon Customization Extended? It doesn't work with Snakebite and the .bat installer keeps failing.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.