[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Companies Ruining Brands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Final_Fantasy_logo.png (429 KB, 2510x1079) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_logo.png
429 KB, 2510x1079
It used to be that the Final Fantasy brand was sorta unique. You had the main games, maybe a few random off shoots (tactics, mystic quest)... and that was it.
But after downloading the complete garbage that was Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius, I realized they have completely ruined the brand by over saturation. I mean, like there are now fighting games, mobile games, etc all with the Final Fantasy brand.

And I see Zelda going the same way with all the various spin-offs and BS.

Is it REALLY that hard to just start up a new IP for these other ideas you have? Do you guys even care when they release a new Final Fantasy game anymore?
>>
>>343491050

>It used to be that the Final Fantasy brand was sorta unique. You had the main games, maybe a few random off shoots (tactics, mystic quest)... and that was it.
Only to someone who's entire experience with JRPGs was Final Fantasy. If you had played other JRPGs (then or now), you'd see that FF was pretty generic. And everything done in FF games has been done better in other series.

FF never changed. You just grew to realize FF wasn't the pinnacle of RPGs you thought it was.

>Is it REALLY that hard to just start up a new IP for these other ideas you have?
As bad as it is, companies are not looking to make a good product. They're looking to make money. Even a shitty FF game will sell more than a new IP. And this isn't anything new. Remember that way back on the Game Boy, all those SaGa and Mana games were renamed Final Fantasy to trick people into buying them.

>Do you guys even care when they release a new Final Fantasy game anymore?
I haven't cared since FFXII to be honest.
>>
>>343491050
Brands have never been sacred, they've always been a vehicle to make money.
>>
>>343491408
I meant unique in that not every piece of garbage had the Final Fantasy name.

In the first 15 years (1987-2002), there were 14 titles released with the Final Fantasy name (excluding rereleases , anime, etc).
In the next 15 years (2003-2016) there have been 44 titles released with Final Fantasy in the name.
>>
>>343492119

There's more like 120 games with the FF name if you count all the spin offs, sequels and prequels. FFVII alone has like 7 games. And then there's all the renamed games like Legends and Adventure.
>>
>>343491408
>And everything done in FF games has been done better in other series
How hipster do you have to be to actually believe this? Sure FF was popular. Sure, it isn't the most complex JRPG out there. The games weren't bad though. No one did the "same thing but better". Most JRPG's had their very own formula to make them a different experience, and the same was true for FF.

>As bad as it is, companies are not looking to make a good product. They're looking to make money.
Actually, smart companies are looking to make a good product so they can make money. Business is not some conspiracy theory where they try to get people to buy the shittiest product they can as some sort of joke.
>>
>>343492632

>How hipster do you have to be to actually believe this?
Not as hipster as the guy using the word hipster incorrectly.

>Sure FF was popular. Sure, it isn't the most complex JRPG out there. The games weren't bad though.
They weren't particularly good either. They were mediocre. Which brings me back to the point that made you mad. You can find examples of things FF tried to do that were done better in other series.

>Most JRPG's had their very own formula to make them a different experience, and the same was true for FF.
Well this doesn't really have to do with the point your arguing against. But when it comes to the FF formula, its 'formula' is actually that it tries to reinvent the formula every game. Which ends up having mixed results every time. And leads to alienating its own fanbase. Someone who likes FFIV or VII probably won't like FFVI or VIII. Because they completely dumped the concepts they liked to make something new.
>>
>>343493364
>Not as hipster as the guy using the word hipster incorrectly.
>hipster - a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream
FF being good is part of the "cultural mainstream". FF being bad isn't based around any facts, and is just a prevalent trend that doesn't seem to want to go anywhere. Notice how no one complained about FF until gaming became a popularity contest instead of being about having fun. You hipsters even go as far as to pretend that you used to play games in the past.

>the rest of your arguments
Basic trash that doesn't deserve a response as you will just flatter us with bullshit that will sound nice but lack any substanance as your claims already have.

>b-b-but you are mad right guyz
I mean, are you delusional or self projecting? No one in their right mind would get pissed off at hipsters. I just find it pathetic that you guys haven't moved on.
>>
>>343494460

>the rest of your arguments
>Basic trash that doesn't deserve a response
Oh the irony.
>>
>>343491050
I'm only happy the FFTA mod I was waiting for actually came out so I don't have to hope for Squeenix to release an improved version. That would never happen anyway, they hate tactics games these days...
>>
>>343494898
You don't seem to understand what the word hipster means, nor the word irony. Irony means using the opposite words of what you intend to convey. Saying my words are "basic trash" is not actually irony. God damn there is nothing worse than a hipster that is bad at English.
>>
>>343491050
To be honest, the last FF game that I had hype was Final Fantasy 3 remake. Heroes of the Light and FF15 got me for awhile but then I ignored them

Now I'm more into SMT and DQ games since they are more faithful with their roots
>>
>>343496483

And you don't seem to get that I was just repeating your 'no u' argument right back at you. Pointing out that your rebuttal is only worthy of the same 'not worth replying to' response.
>>
>>343496802

FFIII remake didn't fix what was wrong with the original. FFIV at least improved combat, even if the story was still one of the worst in gaming history.

>Now I'm more into SMT and DQ games since they are more faithful with their roots
Good man. At least with those games, you know remakes and sequels are going to improve.
>>
>>343496825
>>343496825
>And you don't seem to get that I was just repeating your 'no u' argument right back at you
Actually since I threw the first punch, yours was the only 'no u' argument. God damn how can you be fucking up this bad. Don't know what a hipster is, what irony is, and now doesn't even know what 'no u' is actually referring to. What are you going to fuck up next?
>>
>>343496906
>FFIII remake didn't fix what was wrong with the original
Yes, I know but I love the old FF feel in the game, kinda nostalgic.
I remember being hyped as fuck with FFIV remake too since IV was my first FF game. Sadly I coulnd't stand the shitty FPS so I dropped

>Good man. At least with those games, you know remakes and sequels are going to improve.
Agree but is kinda sad that they will censor the puns and jokes due to the neo-rating system. I will miss the "slut" joke from Dragon Quest 7 for example
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.