[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT your a raid boss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Let the games begin.jpg (83 KB, 816x747) Image search: [Google]
Let the games begin.jpg
83 KB, 816x747
Post your mechanics and a pic of what you look like.
>>
File: Codex_cyberdemon.bimage.png (552 KB, 762x829) Image search: [Google]
Codex_cyberdemon.bimage.png
552 KB, 762x829
Shoot me til I die
>>
>your
>>
>HEALERS
>LEFT SIDE
>WHELPS
>RIGHT SIDE
>. . .
>FUUUUUUUCK
>>
File: 1466542809753.jpg (13 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1466542809753.jpg
13 KB, 240x240
>>343484191
>pic related
>in phase one if you dont begin to masturbate to the cactus in the back of the room you hear me yell WOWZOSKIE and you die.
>The intern comes to your house and you have to fight him IRL, he's a lv 10 Rogue.
>You still need to masturbate to the cactus while fighting the intern

>In phase 2 you have to do a quest chain for the raid boss, you must not salt his crops. Then take a shit in reverse.
>Said shit may or may not have grown teeth and claws but its my kink and my raid fuck you.

>Phase 3 requires a spirit bomb charged up by all of the little niglet people you helped awhile back. Doing this triggers a cutsecene where I'm weakened and the final phase begins.

>You must fail the quest in phase 2, if you did not salt the crops you wipe. If the crops are salted, you acquire the magic strap on of reckoning and use quadruple rectum reamer to finally defeat me.
>>
File: le-lenny-face_1.jpg (8 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
le-lenny-face_1.jpg
8 KB, 320x320
>you must attack with special reddit updoot attack
>fires super mega downvote the debuffs entire party
>dies after you are able to ignite the 3 totems of meme
>>
I'm assuming we're talking WoW.

>Caster style boss
>Deals damage with basic attacks and some simple spells on occasion. Has a heal which can be interrupted
>Party is "assisted" by an NPC that basically does nothing except have a flashy Harry Potter wand duel with the boss. The NPC loses health gradually and must be healed, as the boss will wipe the raid if the NPC dies

>On initial pull the boss splits into 4 illusory copies, each with their own health pool and access to all the basic abilities of the main boss
>When all 4 copies are killed, the boss reappears and loses 25% of his health, and then splits into 8 copies, then 12 and finally 16. Each copy has a portion of the boss's stats, so the first 4 copies each have 25% of his DPS, but the last 16 copies only have a 16th of his damage output.
>The copies have an aura that grows stronger as they lose health. This aura buffs other copies, but does not benefit the copy that holds it
>There are four auras. One that increases damage dealt, one that gives shitloads of haste, one that grants massive amounts of health and mana regeneration, and one that decreases damage taken and increases healing received
>These auras stack, so if you have two copies with the regen aura and your raid is trying to focus down both of them at once, then all the copies will get shitloads of regen
>When a copy is killed, the NPC assistant will spellsteal their aura and grant the effects to the raid, growing stronger based on his missing health. All auras on the assistant are purged each time the boss summons new copies

>On harder difficulties, the boss will occasionally attempt to purge auras off of the assistant NPC, and if he isn't interrupted then he will revive a copy with that aura
>On harder difficulties, copies will link health pools with the closest copy, and must be tanked and killed in pairs as a result
>Worgen death knights will deal 200% reduced damage, thereby effectively healing the boss for the damage they would have dealt
>>
A mass of polygons and particle effects covered in bloom and motion blur
If their computer doesn't crash on sight they'll have a silky smooth 3fps experience
>>
>>343487723
>worgen death knights
>not worgen druid females
>>
>>343487723
Ideally the encounter would be tuned to require at least 4 tanks, with another 4 relatively players who can handle tanking some of the excess copies during phase 3 and 4. Any pet class or plate wearing class should be able to handle a copy or two by then.
On easier difficulties it shouldn't really matter which auras the raid kills first, just as long as people don't spread focus too much. The auras should be tuned so that they don't really do anything above 90% HP, and don't really becoming threatening until below 40%.
The haste aura should probably be the strongest, just because everyone loves a fight that gives them ridiculous amount of haste.
The damage aura should probably be the weakest so that players aren't punished for focusing the more fun auras first.
The regen aura and the defensive aura should be strong enough that one or the other allows healers a little breathing room if a haste copy and damage copy get linked. With both of them up, it should be enough that they can just slap a HoT on the tanks and focus entirely on keeping the assistant as close to the 10% HP range as possible.

At the end of the fight, the boss will explode and get banished to the nether, and the NPC will get mortally wounded by the explosion. He'll beg the players to heal him, but he becomes attackable instead and cannot be healed. You have to kill him in order to get any loot, and his corpse will be marked as "resurrectable" but trying to res him will give an error saying "But then he'll want his stuff back".
The next boss in the raid will be totally disgusted the players and will instakill whoever dealt the killing blow to the NPC. If the player gets some kind of battle res, the boss will say something like "YOU COULD HAVE RESURRECTED HIM? WHAT KIND OF MONSTERS ARE YOU?" and then enrage for the rest of the fight.
>>
>>343490167
Also you get a different achievement depending on whether someone kills the NPC directly(Murderhobo), or if everyone just sits there and watches him die(Heartless Sadist).
There's also an achievement for dealing the killing blow, so everyone will always be trying to get that one meaning nobody will ever get Heartless Sadist until four years later when they can solo the raid.
>>
>>343490167
>If the player gets some kind of battle res, the boss will say something like "YOU COULD HAVE RESURRECTED HIM? WHAT KIND OF MONSTERS ARE YOU?" and then enrage for the rest of the fight.

I fucking love it

For me as a raid boss? I would not want to be a raid boss. World boss is more my style. I would have great loot to force people to fight me but I would be always moving on the back of a cherry red horse but it would be on a route so players can set up traps or something. There would be two ways to kill me, either knocking me off my horse (it would turn my horse into a miniboss that you can kill for that mount) or taking out my horse first that turns me into a standard boss fight. I would use a pair of pistols either way.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.