[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guild Wars 1 vs Guild Wars 2 A lot of people say that Gw1 is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: gw2-logo.1600230148.jpg (19 KB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
gw2-logo.1600230148.jpg
19 KB, 290x200
Guild Wars 1 vs Guild Wars 2

A lot of people say that Gw1 is much better in comparison to Gw2. Things like combat and pvp as well more depth to builds. It's also stated that Gw1 had better end game content and actual challenge.

If Gw2 was to take certain elements from Gw1 that everyone agrees on would it improve significantly?

Or has the damage been done and is beyond repair? Can the team steer the game into a better direction?
>>
File: 1446350574228.png (42 KB, 694x670) Image search: [Google]
1446350574228.png
42 KB, 694x670
You can't fix it, GW1 had such a unique outlook on the skill system that was completely discarded in GW2. Can't tell GW2 apart from the diamond dozen chinese mmo's that infest the market now. Hope the game burns in hell.
>>
People like to compare the number of things and polish but keep in mind gw2 isn't as as old as gw1. Of course gw1 will have more shit and better end game.
>>
I don't wanna make a separate thread.

I quit WoW for good, and now I need something to fill the void for at least a day.

BDO is garbage now. I have no idea what to play until something comes out.

Currently looking forward to trying Riders of Icarus next week, and Revelation Online whenever the fuck that comes out.

What MMO's are you playing/looking forward to?
>>
>>343475710

You got a point, a lot of mmos nowadays are the same theme park style with a few perks. I guess I'm hopeful for a better outcome, apparently Colin left as director.

Maybe someone else will step in and at least make the the game some what redeemable. I don't mind gw2 being different, but it doesn't have personality like Gw1 did.
>>
>>343475572
Making Guild Wars an mmo ruined it.
>>
>>343475981
Abandon mmo's and read a good epic fantasy series instead.
>>
>>343476385
>read

No man.
>>
>>343476556
I said that once too. The day will come where you'll find every single video game to be shit and unsatisfying.
>>
>>343476817
Ok but reading =/= playing video games. I need to play.
>>
>>343476163

Colin was pushed out because he would over hype and never deliver.
>>
>>343475710

What are you on about? Guild Wars 2 is the exact opposite of the generic Korean/Chinese Lineage-2 ripoff MMO. It actually has it's own unique art style, lore, and world
>>
File: Walls of Guild Wars 2.jpg (2 MB, 3150x2910) Image search: [Google]
Walls of Guild Wars 2.jpg
2 MB, 3150x2910
>>343476214
Questionable. What ruins it is giving the IP to a bunch of incompetent fucktards.
>>
>>343477246
I can't think of a single MMO that was the next big hype, that didn't have it's immense potential ruined by fucking retarded publishers in the last years. Like god damn, every single time this happens.
>>
>>343477246
11 replies in and it's already been posted

Impressive, anon
>>
File: GW 2 frog.png (595 KB, 2543x2338) Image search: [Google]
GW 2 frog.png
595 KB, 2543x2338
>>343477193
>it's own unique art style, lore, and world

You mean hard work lifted from part 1 by people that had nothing to do with it, right? It's fucked. It cannot be fixed. Without a dual class system and in depth PvP and GvG that came YEARS later despite the game being titled GUILD WARS. I like reposting this frog, so here you go.
>>
I loved the shit out of GW2 during beta, but then they started catering to WoWbabbys and now it's shit.
GW1's a completely different beast, the PvE was less MMO and more an instanced tutorial for PvP shit.
>>
>>343477193
>Guild Wars 2 is the exact opposite of the generic Korean/Chinese Lineage-2 ripoff MMO
Anon, they became just that. See the cashshop for example. There probably more Cashshop armor and weapon from the Expansion's release than the actual Expansion's collection of armor and weapon.
>>
>>343475981
I want to replay gw1 but I forgot my account password. Not sure if I want to shell out money for prophecies again to go on a lonely nostalgia adventure.
>>
>>343475981
>quitting an mmo only to jump into the next time sink
>>
>>343478272
Come on bro stop slamming me. Please understand my needs.
>>
>>343478259
I managed to reclaim my account data using their support system. Took me a while and I was repeatedly questioned by multiple people, but it's possible. Give it a try.
>>
People always shit on it for not being able to adventure and platform, but oh well. Eeveryone always shit on it for not being open world...but in reality sure WoW was open world. How many times did you quest with people in WoW though? Everyone always solos their way unless you're with a friend. With the instanced shit in gw1 you would lfg for the next main questline or lfg to clear the area. You could hit max level in a couple of hours if you boosted, pvp gave you max level instantly( that's one thing I fucking hate about Wow) I'm not a neet anymore. That's why I liked private servers being able to play each class at max level. I'm not gonna write a story, but the game was fun.
>>
>>343475981
I want to replay gw1 but I forgot my account password. Not sure if I want to shell out money for prophecies again to go on a lonely nostalgia adventure.
>>
>>343475981
>>
>>343475572
>gw2
>the game that forced owners to buy the expansion while giving it for free to newcomers
Yeah nah fuck you, I've never been so offended by a game company before and I bought Starblunder.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.