[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Video game Toilets.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 11
File: toilet.png (1 MB, 5120x3840) Image search: [Google]
toilet.png
1 MB, 5120x3840
ITT: Video game Toilets.
>>
>>343464228
you are now aware that every home in skyrim has a bucket that is used as a toilet.

but still calls 2 houses a city.
>>
File: 20160701011913_1.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160701011913_1.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1080
I was really dissapointed they didn't have reflecting mirrors
>>
File: images (2).jpg (11 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
11 KB, 443x332
>>
>>
File: Prey_(PC)_03.jpg (182 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Prey_(PC)_03.jpg
182 KB, 1280x720
Does anyone know a more interactive toilet? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>343464228
I love these games. HD remake when?
>>
File: prey technology.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
prey technology.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>343465064
well you can fish the dookie out of it in Duke...
>>
>>343465180
I miss those kinds of details. I liked the bar as a whole, especially the fact that you could play in the arcades. The jukebox was pretty cool too.
>>
>>343465454
the music is probably why the game is "out of stock" on steam, that or the licence to Coast to Coast
>>
>>343465667
Yeah that makes sense. Don't fear the reaper while you're getting taken away by aliens is pretty fucking great, it's a shame this game wasn't as popular as expected. If I remember correctly, there was Judas Priest on the jukebox right?
>>
>>343465856
I know barracuda by heart is on it, not sure of any other tracks
>>
>>343464379
considering quake 3 could do it, i was too
>>
>>343464379
There's no reason to put that much effort into something that's not gonna make much of a difference. I can understand why most companies don't do it.
>>
File: riddick mirrors.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
riddick mirrors.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>343468793
>that much effort

they have reflections on the blood and a lot of other surfaces, glass wouldn't be any different. The dissapearing bodies was also a let down. I have a GPU with 6GB VRAM, let it render all the shit I ripped and tear'd dammit
>>
>>343469391
The reflecting blood is probably a screen space reflection. Screen space reflections can only reflect what's rendered on the screen, which your character is not.

What's happening in Riddick is most likely having a room behind the mirror that's synced up to the room you're in. And with how lighting is done differently now compared to back when that game came out among other things it would probably be too much of a performance hit to do it that way.
>>
File: toilet in wonderland.png (97 KB, 644x484) Image search: [Google]
toilet in wonderland.png
97 KB, 644x484
Obligatory
>>
>>343469763
Riddick has real time lighting, it's very similar to the doom 3 engine. I haven't toyed around in DOOM's photo mode yet to confirm if DOOMGuy is being rendered of if it's a pair of arms and a gun or not
>>
>>343470168
The Doom 3 engine isn't the Doom 4 engine. I can't tell you exactly what technical issues might arise but deferred rendering already causes a bunch of other issues so it makes sense to me that it might make it more intensive to render even a single room twice, including all light sources and shaders and such.

And screenspace wouldn't work because your character is not on the screen. They can only reflect what's on the screen so at best they would reflect the character's arm (which I've actually seen happen in Crysis 3 and Thiaf) and gun.

I don't know enough about the tech though to know if you could technical "render" the entire character even if they're off screen and have that reflect though but I doubt it judging by how I've seen ssr work.
>>
>>343468793
What makes it difficult to create a working mirror?
>>
>>343464379
Much of it comes down to how modern engines use deferred rendering, as opposed to the forward rendering old engines use. Mirrors in forward renders is as simple as linking a visleaf back onto itself. Deferred renders have to use a 2nd camera which is much more expensive because of the need for another render target.
>>
>No one posted the mascot toilet of video games yet
>>
>>343470697
>The Doom 3 engine isn't the Doom 4 engine
oh shit
>>
>>343470843
There isn't a good technique to do working mirrors. Games won't be able to "reflect" in the tradition sense until we can do ray/path tracing. What games did in the past was either create a room behind the mirror and sync it to the one you're in like here >>343469391 or like in MP3 where it's like a render to texture thing or something. Both probably don't work well with deferred rendering. And screen space like I said can only render what's on the screen so you can't render shit behind the player or even the player in a first person game.

Some games do have working mirrors but they're not very common and generally don't look very good because they're not rendered full resolution.
>>
>>343465180
why is this game not on steam?
>>
>>343471397
scroll down a bit anon...

get a copy on ebay or amazon, the CD keys still work
>>
File: dn3d01.jpg (24 KB, 540x338) Image search: [Google]
dn3d01.jpg
24 KB, 540x338
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.