[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last year I played Fallout: New Vegas without mods, but the bugs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1467235464621.jpg (621 KB, 1100x1800) Image search: [Google]
1467235464621.jpg
621 KB, 1100x1800
Last year I played Fallout: New Vegas without mods, but the bugs and other problems made me delete the game after a few hours and never come back. I have a decent PC here and a really good one at work, so the machine isn't the problem.

Now I'm thinking about going back. Will the mods fix it or it doesn't matter? FL:NV was almost unplayable in my first try.
>>
>>343462297
this is what i have installed OP
its pretty vanilla and doesn't ever crash or bugout, currently at my 134th save with like 55hours (altho i cant use playsTV recording software)
>>
File: dasdasdaszzzz.jpg (34 KB, 449x277) Image search: [Google]
dasdasdaszzzz.jpg
34 KB, 449x277
>>343464030
forgot pic fuck
>>
>>343462297
The machine must be the fucking problem. I played the damn game on Windows XP for 300 hours and experienced very few crashes (I have no recollection of a specific time it crashed)
Bugs were there but nothing too game breaking.
>>
>>343462297
Look, if you want to install mods all you need to do is use Mod Organizer.
Not the nexus installer, not wrye bash, not any other 3rd party shit. Just use mod organizer.
And use it properly.
>>
>>343462297
>Last year
Try playing on release, you couldnt play longer than an hour without a CTD. Also why would you ever play New Vegas unmodded? That game is literally the pinnacle of modding after TES and Sims games.
>>
>>343462297
B...but...PC MASTERRACE RACE FUCKING CONSOLE FAGGOT YOU DID IT WRONG
>>
maybe the pirated version had a patch in the installer or something but it was solid.
>>
>>343462297
I never had problems with NV.
Except the save file bloat when I played NV using the same save as a F3 character using that huge compilation mod.
>>
>>343464125
This plus the 4gb launcher and script extender, CASM (better saves) and that cell auto purge is the new vanilla.
>Meanwhile tweaking things in FNVEdit is my new hobby
I just wish I could open texture and model files through it just to save time comparing those
>>
>>343462297
I don't see how people put a bazillion hours into it honestly.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.