[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone still play this? How is the Bnet ladder? I'm going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone still play this? How is the Bnet ladder? I'm going to reinstall and test it out.

Haven't played in like 8 years.
>>
It's kind of gone to shit. Every game is made by a host bot. Most games are still DotA or some autistic melee that you'll get bored of after one game. It was better before the bots when there were cool and unique maps every time you hit the refresh button. Ladder is just ladder, nothing really changed in that area.
>>
Ladder is still fun.
>>
I'm going to install it too I think. Are any races underpowered? I want to play elves or humans
>>
>>343450456
The in-game custom game browser is full of bots hosting empty DotA games

You'll have to use some external custom game finder to be able to actually find games
>>
Playing every week with some friends, playing via Tunngle.
>>
>>343453752
why not just use the ladder?
>>
>>343454402
Yeah that's fine but if you want to play just the vanilla game but really the custom maps were the reason WC3 was so popular
>>
File: 1460864398480.jpg (35 KB, 459x294) Image search: [Google]
1460864398480.jpg
35 KB, 459x294
>>343450456
Custom games are shit nowadays no idea about the ladder though.
>tfw no more heaven vs hell
>tfw rarely any angel arenas
>tfw no mauls besides wintermaul one and a WMW every now and again
Fucking just let it end blizzard
>>
>>343454595
>>343454740
Just play dota2
>>
>>343453472
The last time I played, everyone was night elves or orcs due to the simplicity of their execution.

Orcs = blademaster+shadowhunter, spam grunts and raiders, net their whole army and surround single bitches bangbros style, replace grunts gradually with taurens. Killing blow is a lucky string of crits killing their hero instantly, or a bloodlusted push.

Night elves = orb of venom Demon hunter+neutral hero, spam huntresses, transition into dryads and druids of claw, play this shit like a fucking moba where demon hunter gets repeatedly healed and manfights while your units only kite and support fire. Killing blow is an item-ed up level 6 demon hunter becoming a 1 man army and soloing their whole base.

Humans needed to play really gimmick-ey openers like using militia to clear a mercenary compound or expo to gain tempo against other races, while undead tended to require tech more than the go-to races above, making them a pain to survive with early on. Also, easily bullied gold miners and lumberers.
>>
>>343454880
Dota is for faggots. I'm talking about LOAP, Parasite Eve, Footies, Battleships, Tree tag, Vampirism, Risk, Escape maps

Those were gold
>>
>>343454880
Dota has mauls and none shitty arenas?
>>
File: 1457781531911.png (190 KB, 500x504) Image search: [Google]
1457781531911.png
190 KB, 500x504
>>343454880
>DotA was the only custom map for WC3
>>
>>343450456
Do NOT play the Bnet ladder. Shit is laggy as fuck and full of retards who don't know the game. Check out w3arena. It actually has an active and competitive scene.
>>
Just join the /v/ group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/warcraft3vidya
>>
>>343455445
I think they are referring to the fact that Dota2 has it's own custom games now
The maps aren't the best but it's at least a sign that custom maps still have some support
>>
File: 1455337066218.png (154 KB, 493x463) Image search: [Google]
1455337066218.png
154 KB, 493x463
Can't make this shit install on Wine
>>
>>343456242
Dota 2 doesn't have many good customs maps. Most of them are just shitty ports of old WC3 maps with tons of placeholder models and content because Valve can't be fucked to add any assets to the custom map creator.

Not to mention Valve are jewing it up to the MAX with purchasable premium fucking passes for custom motherfucking maps
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.