[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tired of job-like games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: sad pepe.jpg (16 KB, 236x231) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.jpg
16 KB, 236x231
God damnit, I'm tired of most current day video games. They all push you to grind, farm, refine your skills over and over again with more and more boring gameplay just to achieve something, I don't fun any of that fun. Take for example League'o'Leggo - shit used to be pure fun in Season 3, (started playing early Season 2), you could go in a game alone and know you'll have fun, meet friendly people, enjoy the 30-or-so minutes. Now it's all about "getting gud", tryharding, and all for what? For that miniscule chance to get paid for playing the same game, same map, same few champions for 10+ hours a day, every single day?

World of Tanks. So many filler tanks that just scream at you "PAY TO SKIP ME TO ANOTHER FILLER TANK", all the same "git gud" bullshit and no messing around, all about just getting the most damage and kills while disregarding your team. I don't know, some people find it fun, but I don't. I already work 2 jobs to survive in this capitalistic bullshit of a world and have some money to spend where I want to, I don't need a 3rd one.

/v/, what are some genuinely FUN games, that are not just mindless grindfests or badly designed cash-cows? Nowadays I've just resorted to reading 4chan and watching youtube and shit instead of playing, it just feels to heart-crushing to see how I don't even want to open up video games anymore when a couple years ago I would skip lectures and chores just to play a couple extra minutes...FeelsBadMan
>>
>>343450079
I might get shit for this but, Overwatch. I felt the same way as you to an extent, I am starting to get a bit bored with it now but that is after dozens of hours poured into it.
>>
trauma center
theres no grinding its just a surgery game with a story
>>
Find a series that you've always wanted to play, now play through every game. I've done it with Mega Man and Mega Man X, now I'm doing it with Fire Emblem.

If you're not into single-player stuff anymore, find something you like that's relevant like Overwatch.
>>
>>343450079
Play rhythm games. Despite the high skill ceiling, they're fun at any difficulty level and you can play at your own pace.
>>
>>343450079
>genuinely FUN games
Team Fortress 2
Nuclear Throne
Age of Empires II
shit i give up
>>
>>343450079
dumb frogposter

>>343450231
dumb memegameposter
>>
File: 1467268733252.png (84 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1467268733252.png
84 KB, 557x605
>>343450079
>Faggot plays a bunch of freemium games.
>No longer has fun.
>>
>>343450563
They used to be pretty decent, and they're just my most played games (2k+ hours each) so I mentioned them. I've bought shit like Insurgency, CS:GO, Payday 2, Rocket League, whatever but they've all succumbed to the "git gud" and tryharding stages (and Payday 2 was ruined by the retarded over-ambitious devs).

What would you suggest then?
>>
>>343450079
Resident Evil games
Stardew Valley I know you said no farming, but fuck you I'm not taking it literally
All Metal Gear games
All Metro

So basically most SP games.
>>
>>343451232
Played all Metal Gear games (including the borked Phantom Pain), Metro sounds fun though.Which one? I've heard equally good things about 2033, Last Light and Redux. Stardew Valley seems a bit too boring for me but I'll check it out. Resident Evil is a big no-no, no spoopy zombies ples.
>>
File: 1460857688480.jpg (31 KB, 638x540) Image search: [Google]
1460857688480.jpg
31 KB, 638x540
>>343450079
>multiplayer
>>
>>343451828
play original 2033
last light original and last light redux are more or less the same
>>
>>343450079
Games are all grinds now after everyone wants to catch the tail of the minecraft-style resource collection survival mechanics.
>>
>>343453125
Fucking sucks how pretty much all game companies are pussies and just try to leech off of other games success. So many WoW clones, and now that you mention it, pretty much every game has a fucking crafting system nowadays...fucking hell.
>>
>>343450079
Left 4 Dead co-op I guess.
>can go in a game alone
>people are chilled (I said co-op, not versus matches)
>can quit anytime without penalty
>no xp upgrade grinding

It's a game I always come back to for short fun sessions.
>>
just play nintendo games. donkey kong country returns. super mario galaxy 1 and 2. do it
>>
>>343450520
Not really the topic of the thread but I wanted to vent
>Really like Bemani music, but can't get access to the games because I don't live in Japan
>Find out that jubeat and Reflec Beat have iOS ports, flatmate has an iPad so I ask him for permission to download them on it
>Games are free to download, but they only come with 3 songs and you have to download more
And here's where the jewing starts
>Can only buy songs on predetermined packs, each pack of four songs is 4.99
>Most packs contain a good song mixed with shitty ones so that you have to buy several packs to get the songs you like, since you can't buy them separately

Thank god there's a cracked version around, since the games are pretty fun aside of Konami's bullshit
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.