[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the ''1 dollar per hour'' determination
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1451084320919.jpg (185 KB, 879x670) Image search: [Google]
1451084320919.jpg
185 KB, 879x670
Is the ''1 dollar per hour'' determination of how much a game should be priced based on length still valid today?
>>
>>343442526
No, because then Minecraft would cost $infinite
>>
>>343442710
I use it and it works fine. There's been some bad games that I put a lot of time into thereby validating the purchase but them remaining bad games.
>>
>>343442526
no because not every hour is worth $1

I wouldn't price every hour of Bad Rats as the same price as I would with TW3
>>
>>343442526
If you're poor and the only thing you care about is value for money, in which case you should be pirating anyway
>>
not really because you could just artificially get more value out of the game by playing it forever
>>
>>343442526
No, never. That's dumb as shit. 1000 hours of a shit game is not worth 1000 dollars.

It should be in the ballpark, though. If your game gives me 4 hours of gameplay TOTAL, as in 100% perfect completion of the game, it should not be 60 dollars. It should be 20 at most, 30 if it's a fucking masterpiece.

Same with modern 15 hour games. 60 bucks isn't worth it. 35 dollars. 45 if it's amazing.

I'm fine paying 60 bucks for anything that'll give me ~30 hours of solid gameplay - again, 20 hours if it's very high quality.

And don't add in a fucking NG+ or local multiplayer or bot matches or what the fuck ever just to inflate your play time so you can increase the price. When I say gameplay, I mean fucking polished gameplay, not something you threw in as a second thought.
>>
>>343442526
if every single one of those hours were fun, yes
if you spent 90% of your time farming/idling, no
>>
>>343442526
It never was, and it's especially silly considering inflation and the fact that people constantly replay games they love.
>>
Easy answer, every hour of having fun playing the game is worth a dollar spent. Then if you beat the game in less time and still had a lot of fun, its really up to you to decide if it was worth it.
>>
File: He is a Cyborg.png (565 KB, 734x515) Image search: [Google]
He is a Cyborg.png
565 KB, 734x515
>>343442526
This bullshit is so strong I can smell it. Check out this video talking about it:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4jc9qh
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.