[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was so great about Iwata?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: iwata_memorial_writing_fans.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
iwata_memorial_writing_fans.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
What was so great about Iwata?
>>
What was so great about nintendo? If anything they killed games
>>
Crazy programming abilities.
>>
>>343433001
From what I've seen he was the equivalent of your host on those sunday family shows, seeing it as a family member of your own
>>
>>343433001
Literally nothing, Nintendo fans are just absolute sociopaths.
His company is singlehandedly trying to end video games and the fans worship them for it.
>>
>>343433001
That he's dead
>>
File: 1370730109539.jpg (247 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1370730109539.jpg
247 KB, 800x450
>>343433001
he was the ultimate bro, always had your back, dedicated his life to video games. One of the rare spokesperson / businessman in the industry who you could tell genuinely enjoyed video games and actually developped video games.
>>
He was a coding wizard.
>>
Personality.
Pokemon Gold/Silver, SSB Melee and Earthbound.
Iwata Asks.
Releasing EB on VC because he was moved by the fans on Miiverse.
Kept Nintendo out of Mobile.

There's 5-7 reasons.
>>
>>343433001
he understands
understands

understands
understands

understands
understands

the concept of love
>>
>>343433001
Made Kirby, basically invented underwater physics in video games. He and Shiggy got the Prime series off the ground.

Predicted back in 04 that casuals were going to take over the market and made Nintendo a shitload of cash off the Wii and DS.

His biggest failing was not noticing that casuals were splitting into the mobile and core markets before he released the Wii U and 3DS
>>
[Continued laughter.]
>>
Could someone please post that picture with ivata's skeltal and a lot of shit??
THANKS
>>
>>343433001

He wasn't a soulless executive in a suit.
>>
>>343433001
Seemed like he was a great programmer in his earlier days, seemed like an all-around good guy.

Who's idea was the Wii anyway? Miyamoto's or?
>>
He made all nintendo games mediocre XD!!!
That is why I love him so much and I posted a picture of him when he died.
He made all nintendo games not challenging and fun XD!!!
He made neo nintendo and I buy every amiibo that comes out XD!!!
>>
>>343433001
You are ignorant swine so you probably don't realize this but Iwata was a godtier programmer and coder. He was keeping Nintendo's shit together behind the scenes since its earliest days on NES.

It was thanks to Iwata that Pokemon Gold/Silver ever came out, let alone with 2 entire regions. Before he was called in, Game Freak could not even fit the main region on the cartridge. He also carried over the ENTIRE base pokemon battle system to Pokemon Stadium, a feat other staff seemed unable to do

He's worked on Kirby (even with corruptions, Kirby code is very hard to fuck up. the music usually is unchanged) and he did extensive QA for Melee, which btw released in just over a year.
>>
>>343433001
Helped make Ssb, blowing out SFcucks the world over even after his death.
>>
>>343434627
Don't forget that because of Kirby, HAL was saved from a debt they had long ago.
>>
>>343433001
He was alive
>>
He saved Nintendo, then ruined it.
>>
>>343434784
Or the fact it was Iwata who chose not to tell Sakurai his pitch had been rejected by Miyamoto, and encouraged him to present his own prototype. Without Iwata most of the IPs Nintendo is famous for would've died out after their first or second game
>>
>>343433963
>>343434921
These. The video game market moved too quickly for Nintendo's sensibilities and Iwata was the only one who managed to keep up with the currents for a while.
>>
>>343433001
America is full of brown people now :(
>>
literally who
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.