[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life Is Strange coming to Linux & SteamOS CONFIRMED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: life-is-strange-linux.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
life-is-strange-linux.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
Is your heart ready for this?

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/06/01/feral-interactive-confirms-life-is-strange-is-coming-to-mac-linux/209664/

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/life-is-strange-looks-like-its-being-ported-to-linux-by-feral-interactive.6830

http://linuxgamenews.com/post/140649061139/life-is-strange-expected-to-make-linux-debut
>>
That great news for the 3-5 people that lurk here.
>>
Give me this love.
>>
TURN THE HELLA GENTOO INSTALL UP TO ELEVEN
>>
File: R u srs.jpg (10 KB, 255x236) Image search: [Google]
R u srs.jpg
10 KB, 255x236
>>343425606
linux fags are used to cringe, I'm sure they'll like the game.
>>
>>343426530
This game is pretty good, desu.
>>
no, but my vagina is
>>
>>343427093
kek
>>
>>343426472
313V3N
>>
>>343425606
Absolutely amazing news.
Hopefully I can pull myself away from Tux Racer long enough to check this out.
>>
>>343425606
I'm still not really sure what having games on mac and linux accomplishes

I mean, they're such a tiny market share, what's the point?
>>
>>343426985
Sure, if you like interactive movies with little/no gameplay and completely meaningless choices that don't affect the story at all and are promptly swept under the rug.
>>
>>343425606
literally who gives the slightest shit

is there a single person in this universe who was thinking
>oh man i hope life is strange will eventually come to linux so i can finally play it because it's the only gaming platform i own
>>
>>343426985
If you have a tumblr and enjoy PS2 graphics maybe.
>>
>>343430174
Graphics aren't everything.
>>
>>343430607
It is when all people say is good about the game is "cute girls" and post those jaggie-covered abominations.
>>
>>343430075
Increasing the amount of games on Linux, therefore giving people incentive to switch.
A cool idea in theory, shit in practice because AAA almost never make Linux versions.
>>
>>343431458
<3
>>
Nice. I got the first episode from humble bundle, so I'll probably end up playing the full story once it releases.
>>
>>343425606
great except almost everybody knows who the real killer is and the game's not fun when you know the story
>>
>>343430607
Life is Strange has especially bad graphics.

The complete and total lack of lip-syncing and the apathetic facial expressions killed all of the dialogue in the game for me.

On top of that the little gameplay it has is just terrible, the time-travel gimmick is criminally underused to the point that it becomes more of an annoyance than a cool feature, and the dynamic between Max and Chloe is so fucking forced that their interactions are downright artificial.

The incredibly small cast of "important" characters make it glaringly obvious who the villain is, even if you just take random shots in the dark and guess.

To top it all off the ending felt like rushed shit that deflated the entire story, game, and every choice you made.
>>
>>343430174
You're giving the game too much credit. PS2 games have a certain charm because of their graphics and can still look good in HD re-releases for that reason, Life is Strange is just ugly.
>>
File: display.png (291 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
display.png
291 KB, 600x512
>>343425606
Who the fuck uses linux? Why? I knew one poorfag back in college that used linux on his salvage rig because he was too inept to just pirate windows. Thats it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
179 KB, 1920x1080
>>343434465
The game isnt perfect but kates arc (kek) and the torture sequence in the dark room are so fucking good. And the ost holy shit. I think its a "better than the sum of its parts" kind of experience. Its certainly stuck with me.
>>
>>343425606
It already ran perfectly under Wine.

I mean, I appreciate the gesture, but that's it.
>>
>>343435565
People who don't game much and have at least basic understanding of computers.
>>
>>343435565
>Who the fuck uses linux?
People who are autistic and like recompile kernel every 2 days.

People who have shitty pcs.

People who are some kind of important politics, they don't want to be spied on, because if some kind of big info leaks from them, then it could mean their death(iirc there was some negro journalist from africa, who got his mac infected with with some kind of worm, that leaked everything)

People who are tinfoilers(same as previous, except they are not important)

Pedos

And last: People who are tired of microsoft bullshit.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.