[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCKING GAMESTOP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: 2NKC6[1].png (143 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
2NKC6[1].png
143 KB, 500x600
>buy used game online
>arrives 3 weeks later
>no box or manual

FUCKING AMAZON
>>
Don't they usually tell you beforehand that it won't come with the manual or something?
>>
File: 1463194555274.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1463194555274.png
293 KB, 633x758
>>343411720
Not if you buy the cheapest one that can ship to your country.
>>
>>343411720
Not if you dont read the description and message the seller about the condition, thats ops own fault so i dont know why hes bitching.
Amazon warehouse would normally give you the condition its in and thats about it.
>>
>buying used games

why?

you might as well just pirate them
>>
>>343412375
I need to have a physical collection to jerk off to.
>>
File: Sol_s_Heavy_Day_Off.jpg (381 KB, 1200x1900) Image search: [Google]
Sol_s_Heavy_Day_Off.jpg
381 KB, 1200x1900
>>343411004
> ordered guilty gear revelator on Monday with cheapest shipping
>gaym comes in Wednesday the same week

FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
>>343412565
Ok, makes sense
>>
File: 1452894244860.jpg (47 KB, 485x575) Image search: [Google]
1452894244860.jpg
47 KB, 485x575
>>343411004
>go to buy a copy of Overwatch
>girl at the counter
>talk for a little bit
>give her my money
>she says that someone didn't come to pick up their Origins Edition of the game
>lets me just get that for the same price as the regular one
>tells me to have a good day as I leave

FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
File: 1466783202051.jpg (76 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1466783202051.jpg
76 KB, 601x601
>>343413378
FUCKING CHAD
>>
Im a keyholding manager at gamestop, ask me whatever you want you fucking pricks.
>>
>>343413378
Literally didnt happen.
>>
>buy 5 games from amazon 3 used 2 new

>used games are in great condition and the manuals look like they have never been touched

>1 new game, Killer is Dead, came in a box with the art book and soundtrack kind of like trails of cold steel or onechanbara which got crushed

>other new games case broke in the mail and I sent it back

I was so pissed about the Killer is Dead box. I didn't even know it came like that.
>>
>>343411004
Why dont you go into the store to buy them? Are you that much of an auts that you cant step foot inside a social place of business before losing your damn sapghetti everywhere?

You might as well as be frogposting on /r9k/
>>
>>343414751
It costs 50% more to buy it here.
>>
>>343414895
To buy online versus in the store?
>>
>>343414979
Yes.
>>
>Walk into FUCKING GAMESTOP
>See there's a woman in there
>My spaghetti sack bursts as I feel extremely self aware being in there
>Run home

I guess I'll try go back tomorrow
>>
>>343414065
>keyholding

Is that some sort of privilige in the gamestop hirearchy? Do you have to ascend to become the one true keymaster?

Do you wield a keyblade?
>>
>>343414979
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. You also get those shitty gamestop cases for most games.

You also run into the problem of the closest store near you with the obscure game you want being 40 miles away at which point isn't worth the drive.
>>
>>343415128
Gamestop likes to use arbitrary titles to make their employees feel better.

Gamestop as a company is currentlu pushing empowered leadership trying to make them feel like theyre not part of a corporate machine.

Its all bullshit. My official title is Senior Guest Adviser. Keyholding Managet looks better on a resume and corporate wont disagree with you if tell them that position title.

Seriously, Gamestop operates on their buy trade sell operation, which is no brainer. Nobody should be mad at how they operate for their business model. What people need to turn an eye to, is how they treat their employees, with benefits, hours, pay and labor laws. Gamestop maintains healthy profits as a company because they pay their employees jack shit it pay, salary and benefits to operate their stores.
>>
>>343415128
I think it means he is the one that gives the daily pat downs
>>
>>343415663
Listen guys straight up. If people trade in their games to us without the cover art or the manuals or the original cases, theres nothing we can do. We dont sell games to people who want to collect, thats not our business model. We sell games for people who want to play them and just care about the game.

Honestly, people who care about the whole package (cover art, manual and original case) for a preowned game, are in the minority of gamestops customer base. Sorry bros.
>>
>>343415668
Their employees don't deserve much more than jack shit unless you are actually management and not some dipshit that holds the backroom key or whatever.

You are working in retail, which like fast food, is an entry level job and you should not be trying to make a career there but get experience and apply to better jobs after a year
>>
>>343415114
you can do it anon
>>
>>343414171
They do that a lot at Gamestop, well at least in Florida they do. Guess they gotta get rid of those special editions of games and fill a quota.

It was also about two or three days after the game came out.
>>
>Go to Gamestop

>Talk to guy for a bit while browsing

>Buy adapter for Smash Bros.

>Preorder Shantae

>Talk to the guy some more

>Leave
>>
>go to Gamestop
>buy games
>go home

It was very tragic /v/
>>
>>343415939
I know there isnt, just stating my case for buying online.

I still walk in for buy 2 get 1 free sales to see if there are any games in good condition
>>
File: 1464467244301.png (181 KB, 300x308) Image search: [Google]
1464467244301.png
181 KB, 300x308
>>343414019
You just gotta be confident in yourself anon! :^)
>>
>>343415668
ga, sga, third key... all those titles have been in use since at least 2005 - likely prior. not some new 'empowering' thing. Third key is literally the third key holder for a store - someone who's semi-management and allowed to turn in money to the bank.

gamestop is also a typical retail chain, same as any other electronics or clothing store. you won't find any great salary in the whole sector - go to college and move on, or work your way to regional management to make some money.
>>
>>343416109
Im studying HR in school so Gamestop is my simple retail job. I dont expect ro be paid much, but its a travesty to see people who have been with the company for awhile and they are store leaders get treated like garbage. Theres a huge disparity between district leaders and store leaders. For operating 5000+ stores. Gamestop shits on their employees.
>>
>gamestop owes me a $50 gift card
>Been 16 days since 'shipped'
>Hasnt responded to 3 emails
>On hold on phone for over 40 min

Jokes on them im going to do a chargeback and they will have to pay the credit card company money ontop of my original charge
>>
>>343411004
Zero Escape 3 is still in transit from the US, and won't arrive until Tuesday next week.
I'm actually considering buying the digital version(the only version we get here in Europe) and start playing it right away.
>>
>>343416813
Those titles arent new. The empowerment thing is. Gamestops trying to decieve low level employees into feeling important
>>
>No PC games

This is when I turn 360 degrees and walk away. Don't say muh Steam because my internet sucks.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.