[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nintendo is killing off Splatoon after just 1 year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10
File: image.gif (917 KB, 268x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
917 KB, 268x300
>Nintendo is killing off Splatoon after just 1 year
>>
>>343405119
it's barely been a year?
>>
>>343405119
>Killing off
They've stopped doing events

That's it. The game is still going to be there. And it's had over a year of free support and updates.
>>
>within the next two years the servers will shut down
they're doing this just to advertise splatoon 2
>>
>>343405283
You know how boring the game will be without Splatfests? How will we get Snails?
>>
>>343405362
Use coins
>>
>>343405362
I've been playing it for over a year, enjoying ranked, etc, and if anything Splatfests are a bonus. If you consider the game boring without Splatfests then you must find the core gameplay boring.
>>
>>343405362
you say this like Splatfests were a weekly event, there have only been 15, people have been enjoying months of the game without them.
>>
>>343405362
>splatfest
>not boring
>>
>>343405119
You can't expect them supporting Splatoon 1 when Splatoon 2 is totally being developed as a launch title for NX...right guys?

Right guys!?
>>
>>343405362
yeah, I sure loved being forced to play 3 maps of fucking Turf War instead of Tower Control or Rainmaker.
>>
>>343405362
They're not even regular events, anon. The game still exists when outside of the 1 day out of 30 or so where there's a Splat Fest on
>>
>Last splatfest is the ONLY time the game will have same-region matchmaking
This will be the only weekend I'll ever play this game again. They royally fucked up and dropped all the balls when they decided to match anyone with anyone. I got so sick of trading with some lagging nip faggot and our team losing because of it.
>>
>>343405673
You realise lag goes both ways, right?

Fag.
>>
>>343405729
What do I care what they're experiencing? And even so they're having just as less fun as me by lagging.
What was the point of your naive post?
>>
Out of curiosity, which other online shooters received over a year of post game support, for free? It's a genre I don't really bother with, so I don't know if it's even common. I recall Blops having map packs for a paid sum for a few months, but events and shit?
>>
>>343405798
Because you're blaming lag on the reason you're shit at the game, you fucking idiot. If it goes both ways, they deal with this shit as well, and they're STILL beating your ass.
>>
>14 months of free DLC is not enough
Can you stop being such a faggot?
>>
>>343405810
Literally every online shooter that's been on the PC.

This isn't a, "hahaha look at Nintendo" thread. It's a, "hahaha look at consoles" thread.
>>
>>343405283
Still, I wouldn't kill them to have some intern pick a theme and write some dialogue every two months or so would it? Hell don't even have to pick a theme they can just use miitomo or whatever their phone thingy is to get suggestions.
>>
>>343406056
>Literally every online shooter that's been on the PC.
Post game support from the dev, which had extra maps, weapons, balancing, gear, etc, for free? As well as events?
>>
I liked Splatfests at first but I grew to hate them. The only way you'll win is by guessing which team will be the less popular one.
>>
>>343405878
>Nintendrones don't understand netcode
>>
>>343405965
>DLC
All it was was in game polls you didn't even walk away with anything.
>>
>>343406132
>Angry virgin gets BTFO and is trying to save face
>>
File: smug.jpg (241 KB, 998x667) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
241 KB, 998x667
>Killing off
>not focusing on Splatoon NX

It's like you people are brain damaged.
>>
>>343406161
>doesnt know what he's talking about
stop posting
>>
>>343405878
>Lag = Skill
Okay lad.
>>
Hopefully they'll update the game so that there's a bigger rotation of maps. They're enough of them these days that you can easily have at least 5 maps on rotation per 4 hours.
>>
>>343406056

I would,'t dickwave too much given how we've been bleeding more an more private servers and LAN support.
>>
>>343406258
>parity in regards to lag
>one side copes with lag better
>this is unfair
Okay bud.
>>
>>343405362
What's wrong with you people, don't you enjoy playing games unless there is some form of virtual reward or progression system? When did this shitty mentality set in, that playing games for the fun of playing games is "boring"?
>>
>>343406056
I think he was talking about post game support from the developer, in a structured fashion, not private servers and custom maps. For free.

What games have done that?
>>
>>343406345
Heh, thats me.

I literally could not play this type of games without any ladders,rankeds,EXP and shit like this.

I would probably quit after 30 min because "whats the fucking point".

Guess i am autistic
>>
>>343405119
>Warcraft 3's expansion, released in 2004, still has 3-4 tournaments a week
>Splatoon ded after a little over a year
Nintentards?
>>
>>343406345

Mass market happened. There are more people with a spectator profile than there are competitive/explorer ones.
>>
>>343406345
Well yeah, but there IS a virtual reward and progression system.

Splatfests are nothing to do with that, so I don't understand your post.
>>
>>343406375
TF2, CSGO
Even fucking DayZ is still getting updates
>>
>>343406091
>Post game support
lol this is standard for PC games period. Though most games these days require patches and fixes for months after release due to rushing publishers.

>content

Most multiplayer games do, as it's the only way to fucking keep your game alive on the PC for more than two weeks. The moment a developer stops doing regular updates is usually when a community jumps ship/starts claiming the game is dead.

Again, PC is an entirely different climate from consoles. Companies HAVE to keep supporting their PC titles or they dry up.

>For free

Most are free. The only times you see games offering season passes/DLC subscriptions is when they're multiplats that focused on console development (like CoD), or Payday 2.

>Events

Many have fucking weekly events.

And the reason why I keep saying many/most instead of giving specific examples because it literally is most of them. Listing shit like Counterstrike/TF2/etc is moot.
>>
File: 2e6e29c7cd193c2965712ad9a7b60707.jpg (157 KB, 1194x1542) Image search: [Google]
2e6e29c7cd193c2965712ad9a7b60707.jpg
157 KB, 1194x1542
I'm going to miss Splatfests. I love Splatoon but don't play it very often anymore. I mostly play during Splatfests, and now it will be harder to find a reason to play it.
>>
>>343406531
Isn't the extent of TF2/CSGO's post game support paid cosmetic DLC?
>>
>>343406178
>Nintendrone further demonstrates that he literally doesn't know what netcode even is
>Instead of Googling it real quick and pretending to know what it is, he chooses to double down

2cute4me, you kids
>>
>>343406345
The problem is that snails are absolutely necessary due to how stupid-expensive it is to add a single stat to a piece of gear or to reroll your gear ONCE
>>
>>343406312

>Every jap is totally fine/enjoys the lag

Why in the fuck are you trying to defend a shitty game design flaw that literally no game worth any praise in the past decade has thought was a good thing? The only difference now is we get all these forced matchmaking queues with no settings available to us.

And even then the netcode can favour the shooter or the victim and in Splatoon it definitely favours the latter, with kills being denied with ability usage like Kraken even half a second or so after the projectile would kill them.
>>
>>343406658
See >>343406178

>>343406673
>Every jap is totally fine/enjoys the lag
Where was that said? They cope with it better.
>>
>>343406375

Understood. My point was more that we aren't really in a position to show off given how much we've lost over the years. Whereas consoles have gained technically on that. They had nothing.

Even then the averaging out of PC and consoles has been a shit deal on both sides if you ask me. Though for very different reasons, obviously.
>>
>>343406738

>Where was that said?
>They cope with it better

You just said it twice now you fucking retard. They don't "cope" with it better, they bitch too. There is literally no high ground here, EVERYONE hates it.
>>
>>343406375
> I think he was talking about post game support from the developer, in a structured fashion, not private servers and custom maps. For free.

Cool, so was I. I'm not retarded, kid. I know the difference between official content releases and fan mods.
>>
>>343406673
>Why in the fuck are you trying to defend a shitty game design flaw
Where? Everyone's in the same boat, and blaming the lag on why you suck at the game is a poor reason when there are others who succeed at it.
>>
Why not automate Splatfast?
Make a pool of royalty free assets and make the server rotate between them every X days/weeks for a splatfest
Hell, you can even go RED vs BLUE teams and still get the same effect, it would be just less custom
It would also be interesting if the server bot could pick anything for each teams, regardless if they are opposites or not ie. Nice vs good, apples vs bananas, or even Naughty vs Mango and so on
>>
>>343406825
>You just said it twice now you fucking retard. They don't "cope" with it better, they bitch too. There is literally no high ground here, EVERYONE hates it.
...and? Where did I say they are fine with it/enjoy it? I said they cope with it, how is that the same thing, you fucking retard. My point still stands. Japs deal with the lag in the game better than the fag complaining about it here.
>>
>implying splatfest isn't the best shit since you don't have to deal with nips
time to dust off this piece of shit of a console to enjoy decent netcode for the last time
>>
>>343405119
For fuck's sake they could have just pre-written a bunch of random generic topics for there to be splatfests over and set them on a rotation every couple months to at least keep the content accessible somehow

It's fucking stupid to think after this last one I'll never ever be able to see Inkopolis lit up for nighttime again, or play the decorated maps. Why would you waste that content when the game is ALREADY so sparse on content?
>>
>>343406917
>Hell, you can even go RED vs BLUE teams and still get the same effect, it would be just less custom
Because that would just be team ranked, except you have to team up with random shitters you retard.
>>
>>343406996
>For fuck's sake they could have just pre-written a bunch of random generic topics for there to be splatfests over and set them on a rotation every couple months to at least keep the content accessible somehow
Maybe that's what they've done already, and apart from bugfixing, they've been working on a new game for months
>>
>>343405362
Splatfests after the first 2 were something I play 5 rounds of then forget about it
>>
>>343405729
>dynamo kills even though I'm behind him
>killed by one burst bomb
>killed by one hit of bamboozle
>luna blaster with more range than a n-zap

meanwhile I have to hit a lot to kill them and most of the time they are still alive
>>
>>343406161
>maps, gear, weapons, music and 30 more levels
d-durr
>>
>>343405362

Ranked Tower Control and Ranked Splat Zones are the best modes in the game .

Easily.

Splatfests are fun, but they're a novelty. I just hope there's a way to trigger night time mode.
>>
>>343407017
And how is that any different from Splatfest
>>
>>343406792
10 is more than 1.

When you remove 3 from 10 and give it to 1, you're taking less than half of 10, but making 1 four times as big as it waa before.

10 going down to 7 isn't as much of a loss as 1 going up to 4 is as much of a gain.

So sure, consoles might be making progress in some aspects, but they're still behind consoles, which is why this whole PS4k and Xbox One Neo shit is happening.

PC gaming could lose capabilities and features for years and still be better to consoles at the rate they're going.
>>
>>343405362
I'm actually more concerned that we'll never get to play stages at night anymore and hear that awesome splatfest theme
>>
>>343407089
Something tells me if they were going to put them on a repeat rotation, they would have said something like this being the last new splatfest or last unique splatfest or at least given some kind of indication they'd be moving to reruns after this. Still I hope they keep it around in some form
>>
>>343407123
see >>343405878

Git gud, fag.

>>343407179
In that case, just play ranked with a team and pretend you're playing a splatfest, retard.
>>
>>343407185
>10 is more than 1.
>When you remove 3 from 10 and give it to 1, you're taking less than half of 10, but making 1 four times as big as it waa before.
>10 going down to 7 isn't as much of a loss as 1 going up to 4 is as much of a gain.
What is this the ending of MGS4?
Go kill Zero and be done with it
>>
>>343407203
No no, I mean, what if the Splatfests were set up to work like this away back in May/June last year, and they've just been triggering them for the PR team to promote. Like, all the Splatfests were planned and we've just gotten to the end of the list
>>
>>343406948
>time to dust off this piece of shit of a console to enjoy decent netcode for the last time
Yeah they obviously have some 'decent netcode' that only gets used during fests, regular days they want you to play with some poorly implemented crap codebase that an intern shat out in his first week at work for no good reason.
>>
>>343406996
>It's fucking stupid to think after this last one I'll never ever be able to see Inkopolis lit up for nighttime again
Buy amiibos for this function, goy :^)
>>
I never played on Splatfest cus Im always at work when they happen.
>>
>>343407185

Clever and all, but mocking flooded people from a sinking ship doesn't sound like the height of intelligence to me.

More importantly, there's qualitative difference - on both sides - to the changes that your number gradient cannot even begin to account for properly.

Is going from convenient to connected a positive or a negative?
>>
If you want more events buy the upcoming NX port.
>>
>>343405810
>>343406091
>>343406375
Unturned (also a free game made by a 18 years old made updates every friday)
Insurgency (altought it is a indie developer with tight budget).
Valve games like TF2 or CS: GO...
>>
>>343406249
THIS

If Yakuza boss is serious about having the NX start off big, they need Splatoon 2 to bring Japan along.
>>
File: 1436160954587.png (570 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1436160954587.png
570 KB, 1000x1000
>Marie will never be real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zxlhlsS28U
>>
Because they're already working on Splat2n for NX as launch title.
>>
>>343408760
>That unexpected ending

10/10
>>
>>343406620
Can't say for CS:GO, but for years, the extent of TF2's post game support were free updates including new maps, new game modes, new weapons and extensive balancing, then they started adding free cosmetics alongside the new maps, weapons, etc., then they included trading and a cash shop if you want to buy your cosmetics instead of going through the troubles of crafting/finding one at random. Nowadays they mostly just add other cosmetics, but all of them can still be found/crafted for free, and they still once in a blue moon add a map or weapon or balance patch here and there.
>>
File: EA's plan.png (426 KB, 1017x585) Image search: [Google]
EA's plan.png
426 KB, 1017x585
>>343406471
>any ps4 game
>support basically completely dropped a week or 2 after release
>any xbone game
>pretty much the same deal
>>
>>343405283
Wii U servers will get shut down 6 months after NX is released
>>
Well, can't claim to be happy about this, but I also can't blame Nintendo for trying to focus on making the NX work out.
A Spla2n at NX launch would be a sure-fire way to make the NX sell in Japan.
>>
>>343412896
What makes you say that?
>>
File: 1446823960298.jpg (301 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1446823960298.jpg
301 KB, 582x600
>>343408760
>that ending
>>
>>343405362
How do you not have everything you need by now? I have millions of coins and hundreds of snails.
>>
>Play with japs
>only Westerner is me
>My laggy ass dominates and carries the team

I know I'm not alone in this feeling.
I like to imagine I look like Fry from futurama when he drinks his 100th coffee.
>>
>tfw vs bots mode never ever
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 473x624) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 473x624
>>343408760
Holy shit the ending was amazing
>>
>>343405119
they killed it as soon as they didn't have regional matchmaking.
>>
Oh there will be more Splatoon.

More Splatoon than you can handle.
>>
>>343406345
People need the treadmill these days thanks to CoD
>>
>>343414464
I actually started playing Splatoon again today after months away (I basically dropped the game the day Xenoblade X came out, was only level 27 and rank A-) because I wanted to derust myself before the last Splatfest, got nothing but level 40-50 japs in my lobbies, I was expecting to get my ass kicked, and yet I still managed to win most rounds as top scorer.
>>
>>343405362
Splatfests stopped being enjoyable when it was clear Nintendo's servers couldn't handle the game and more importantly when one team would do okay the first day and all the shitters jumped on board the second day and ended up ruining everything. Especially the shitty players. You can't filter them out.
>>
>>343405119
It was a sucess. Sequel(s) pretty much guaranteed on NX and whatever system Nintendo does next.
>>
>>343405119
You were expecting smart decisions from Nintendo of today? Really?
>>
>>343405119
More like Nintendo is killing the WiiU within the year. Splatoon is just collateral.
>>
>>343405362
How about you play ranked like a normal person? Are you saying you're not S+ right now?
>>
>>343405362
The game was already incredibly boring after the first Splatfest.
>>
>>343405362
If you actually played the game and enjoyed it you wouldn't care, I'm sitting on like 20 snails and 5mil.
>>
Hakers ruined it so they're just taking their losses
>>
>>343416069

Somebody got their ass fucked by sloshers
>>
>>343410965
>but all of them can still be found/crafted for free
>lying on the internet
>>
Splatoon died a couple months after release. It did better than shit like Evolved and Battleborn, but ultimately went the same way.
I deeply regret spending $60 on it
>>
Marie > Callie
>>
>>343410965
>then they included trading and a cash shop if you want to buy your cosmetics instead of going through the troubles of crafting/finding one at random. Nowadays they mostly just add other cosmetics, but all of them can still be found/crafted for free

That's not true at all. Valve decided to exploit the innate nature of people to fall prey to gambling and have been exploiting them for every penny via providing exclusive rare shinies. The only way to get the shinies is gambling, and so people gamble. And gamble. And gamble. Like old people buying lottery tickets. Every paycheck pissed away. Nothing saved. And Valve gets richer and lazier while Gabe gets fatter.
>>
File: 1453940286049.png (42 KB, 440x290) Image search: [Google]
1453940286049.png
42 KB, 440x290
>>343416225
>sloshers
>first splatfest
>>
>>343407162
I love night time stages.
>>
Spla2n when?
>>
>>343416721
>after the first splatfest
Not him, but reading comprehension, undershitter.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.