[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total war: Warhammer How is it /v/? I was a massive fan of m2:tw,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
Total war: Warhammer

How is it /v/? I was a massive fan of m2:tw, a little disappointed with Empires.

>does the AI cheat? (Free money/units etc), this happened in previous games but could be modded out, there was some really good AI for M2 that didn't cheat

>how moddable is it? M2:tw gave us third age:tw and stainless steel, both fantastic mods.
>>
>>343392617
>there was some really good AI for M2 that didn't cheat

Anyway, its more of an RPG in regards to the campaign. Battles are super fun
>>
I absolutely love it. I'm usually not great at RTS so the turn based strategy map is very welcome for me. The battles feel great
>>
Addendum: I don't feel like the AI cheats.

I had to start my dwarf campaign over and I started out by smashing the orc leader's army and wounding him, it took him forever to get another big army going
>>
>>343392617
It's pretty fucking awesome.

I've been doing a weekly rotation of focusing on Just Cause 3, WH:TW, and TF2.

Life is super comfy right now.

WH:TW has insane replayablity, even as the same faction.
>>
>>343392617
There aren't going to be any major overhauls like TA and moders can't really match the quality of vanilla units.But considering how much work CA is going to put in to this there's really no need for mods.
Battles are short,but there's mods for that
Campaign is shallow as fuck,a 180 turn from Attila

Get Attila while it's on sale if you haven't played it,Warhammer will only get better
>>
Battles are great and races play differently, I enjoyed it more than any other TW game but I am a Warhammerfag.

AI does cheat a bit, Norsca factions seem to get given armies where the units are max ranked at times.

Enemy heros are annoying as shit however because you have to use your heros to try and wound/assassinate them and the percentages aren't in your favour at all (and the longer the enemy heros are there, the more the level up making it even harder to get rid of them).

A 30% chance for success generally means you'll fail 15+ turns while the hero your trying to kill kills a lord, wounds his replacement, wounds the heros your using... it's good PR for savescumming I guess and it's by far the worst thing about the game IMO.
>>
>>343392617
>>does the AI cheat? (Free money/units etc)
Oh yes, very garishly, on the highest difficulties all TW AIs get crazy bonuses.
But that really depeds on the difficulties.
Legendary lets them make entire stacks without anything close to the income they would need to even keep it, much less recuit it.
But legendary really is "fuck my shit up" mode for hardasses.
>>
>>343392617
>medieval 2 ai didn't cheat
nice meme lad.
>>
also the dx12 mode looks great, improved my performance
>>
>>343395125
The AI did cheat in m2, but there was AI mods that improved the AI and cut out the cheating (most of it anyway)
>>
>>343395125
>never played Stainless Steel with Byg's Grim Reality
>>
yes the AI cheats

one example is 1 fortess t3 can upkeep 3 stacked armys which is bullshit

>Stunties
>>
terrible AI i dont know what is

if they cant keep up with me or what.

I tend to get 2 fast armys of 20

they seem to only have 1 or split 1 army into 3
>>
>>343392617
fucking monsters from the north always destroy me
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.