[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>infinitely respawning enemies >limited resources And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: shockheader.jpg (99 KB, 600x284) Image search: [Google]
shockheader.jpg
99 KB, 600x284
>infinitely respawning enemies
>limited resources

And refunded it gets.
>>
Yeah that was the biggest flaws I had with the game, still finished it though
>>
>>343364057
Wrench is infinite.

Also, plenty of resources. Try not grinding for no apparent reason and complete the fucking game
>>
If I recall correctly, they stop spawning if you destroy the cameras, famalam.
>>
>>343364516
Nope. Even if you completely clear an area, random zombies will still spawn in out of nowhere.
>>
>>343364689
They're not even remotely dangerous. Just wrench the fucks in the face and be on your way. This is not an RPG for you to clear out 100%, there is supposed to be some "danger" all the time if you just fuck around, even if that danger ends up being a nonthreat vs how beast mode you get
>>
>>343364057
But that's what make the game great. Learn to resource management.
>>
>>343365038
My autism demands that I completely clear out every area. Is there a way to disable respawning?
>>
>>343364057

shoot the cameras before you get spotted, you fucking moron
>>
git gud
>>
>>343365742
At what? I can play the game fine, I just don't like respawning enemies.
>>
>>343365918
Play something else then, dipshit. Stop bitching.
>>
File: 1467270011929.gif (1 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1467270011929.gif
1 MB, 260x260
>>343365038
>>343364478
>Use the wrench.
Groan zone.
>>
>>343366105
But I like the game, I want to play it. But I can't enjoy it with respawning enemies.
>>
>>343364057
Yeah, it's a hard game. It involves resource management.

You don't have enough bullets to kill all the enemies in Resident Evil either; is that a bad game?
>>
>>343365335
you could probably mod it, but no, not in base game
>>
>>343366436
RE is beatable almost entirely with the knife.

Not sure about SS2
>>
>>343365335
Yeah just go finish the fucking game and you fix the "zombie" problem on the van braun
>>
>>343366636
Use the wrench you dumb nigger
>>
>>343366636
I did an entire melee run, and it turns out it's one of those games where you wreck house when you go melee
>>
>>343366729
>Using melee against enemies that shoot guns
>Lose HP every single time you do it
>No infinite HP items

same fucking problem
>>
>>343366729
This, the wrench is pretty OP against the zombies to the point in where they become free resources if you're good.
>>
>>343366825
psionics retard
>>
>>343366776
Adrenaline overproduction is a ridiculous power, isn't it? You just cast it and then one shot everything.
>>
>>343366825
Find ways around those enemies
Hack shit to kill those enemies
>>
>>343366324
Just give up, fuck. You obviously don't get what kind of game it is. It isn't HARD, and the zombies don't make it HARDCORE or some shit-- they're ambience, a mild annoyance, part of the plot, and also are designed to fuck you over if you're shit at planning.

No idea how many of those fucks I killed thinking I could just chill and go dump chemicals in the supply closet near the med bays.
>>
>>343366883
along with psionic sword, and the one that makes you run really fast plus the sheild, ye it's too powerful
>>
>>343366825
Use wrench on zombies, grind zombies for resources, use PSI SHIT YOU STUPID FUCK READ WHAT'S AVAILABLE TO YOU AND PLAY THE GAME. It's a GAME. Follow the rules and figure it out

Holy fuck why is everything a simulator now
>>
>>343366825
Use melee when possible. Use guns when melee is not a good idea. Enjoy the tension of respawning enemies and limited resources.

If this is not fun, go find another game which you can enjoy. There are plenty of games that are designed for people like you. The majority, in fact.
>>
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=7559.0

There's a despawn mod for those respawning enemy types you know

Feels good to feel like your cleaning up the ship from layer to layer
>>
I don't want to pile on you too hard bud, but even if you absolutely refuse to git gud, it's still a PC game with quicksave. You can savescum if you just want a cinematic experience.
>>
all the love asside HOW BULLSHIT IS INSANE MODE?! I couldn't even get halfway through the game.
>>
>>343365038
Exploding robots respawn and psychic monkeys too
>>
I thought there might be a secret after the tutorial under the little bridge that leads to where you choose your military group... nothing just a box you can't climb out of.

I didn't save thinking the tutorial wouldn't take an hour so I closed the game and never touched it again.

:^(
>>
>>343367449
It's still pretty easy once you're competent. Low health doesn't matter since you won't be getting hit much. Higher replicator prices don't matter since you know where the items are/the most efficient way to do things so you won't need to buy much. Lower enemy drop rates can be annoying when you're hunting organs, but don't matter aside from that. Higher cyber module costs do hurt, but you still get enough once you know to avoid all the useless skills.
>>
>>343367852
well I did mean to say I almost got halfway through. I just got fed up with that shit. It was my first play through anyway
>>
>>343368002
Oh. Yeah, starting off with the hardest difficulty may not have been wise.
>>
>>343365335
>http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128913
Try in here.
Honestly though SS2 has a bit of backtracking. Without respawn you just sprint through the cleared areas.
>>
>>343368175
Does it still have the bug on Insane where it doesn't give your enough upgrades points to continue the plot if you don't save up a bit?
>>
>>343364057
But the enemies drop resources.
>>
>>343367729
You can walk right past the tutorial and skip it completely, you dummy.
>>
>>343367729
there's a basketball somewhere in the tutorial that you can tak with you into stasis
>>
>>343369267
That's not a bug, but yes. It doesn't matter since you can get an implant that gives you +1 research on the deck where you need to research things, so you're fine anyway.
If you want an optimal build you should never put points into research, really. The implant is enough.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.