[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PMTYD 10hp Run
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: paper.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
paper.jpg
243 KB, 1920x1080
Any tips on badge set ups?
>>
>>343360853
It's PMTTYD not PMTYD, dipshit, now you're not getting any advice from me.
>>
>>343360853
Raise your hp when you level
>>
>>343361216
FUCK!!!!!
>>
Put everything into BP and FP
>>
>Jumpman
>Power plus
>Multibounce
>Spike shield
>Ice shield
>Git Gud at jump action command.
>>
>>343361216
actually acronyms rarely use "the", "and", "or", etc. it probably should be TYD, but TTYD is what everyone uses.
>>
Is it cheating to use HP boost badges?
>>
Get 50 Power Rush Badges and use Chet Rippo to lower your HP to 5.
Now delete everything.
>>
>>343360853
>10 HP
Drop to 5 ASAP and get a fuckton of mega rashes from the Pina Parlor. Then fill out the rest with close calls/last stands and other damage mitigation badges.
>>
>>343361831
That sounds horrible.
>>
>>343362169
It's actually bonkers. I tried it for a playthrough once, and you just dominate everything.
The first few levels are rough if you're not used to super guarding everything, but after that you're nearly impossible to stop.
>>
>>343360853
Danger Mario is pretty much the easiest way to play the game anyway
>>
>>343362362
Did you do the pit of 100 trials?
>>
>>343362169
It's actually the easiest way to play the game
>>
>>343362584
I did, actually.
The grind is real.

With the boots thing, it becomes a lot easier since you can just Multibounce the shit out of everything. Some of the Swoops are a little hard to hit when they're still near the top, but it's entirely doable.
>>
>>343362727
Guess I have to give into peer pressure at this point.
>>
Should I focus on FP or BP first?
>>
>>343363009
All bp
>>
>>343363072
Any particular reason?
>>
>>343362169
Badges turn you into a dodge tank one hit ko monster
>>
>>343363223
BP is more flexible since there's badges that give you more FP and HP
>>
File: 1460514756728.png (111 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1460514756728.png
111 KB, 500x700
>>343360853
I did a danger mario run. you have to survive until chapter 5 with 10hp but its fucking worth is to 1 shot the final boss
>>
What about partners? who's the most important?
>>
>>343361569
Pretty much what I was gonna say, add a all or nothing for extra carnage
>>
File: 1392586843928s.jpg (4 KB, 116x123) Image search: [Google]
1392586843928s.jpg
4 KB, 116x123
>>343363395
yoshi is best partner
>>
>>343363681
What about koops and his shell shield?
>>
>>343362169
I'd never recommend using Danger Mario on a first time playthrough but it's fun to mess around with it on a replay.
>>
File: 1463535882902.jpg (33 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
1463535882902.jpg
33 KB, 500x480
>>343363373
>its fucking worth is to 1 shot the final boss
It's great until the final boss absorbs all of the audience members and becomes invincible for a few turns.
>>
>>343364471
Iv beat this game three times before this.
>>
>>343361831
Don't forget close calls and last stands. You'll need those to become a dodge tank that will still take little damage if RNG screws you over.
http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_badges_in_Paper_Mario:_The_Thousand-Year_Door
>>
>>343363395
Upgrade Koops and Goombella first. After that, hold off on upgrading Flurrie until everyone else has been fully upgraded because Flurrie doesn't do anything that someone else doesn't do better.
>>
>>343360853
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/920182-paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door/faqs/38796

Here's a few good setups. I did a variation of Stylish Mario with less HP a while ago, got good results.
>>
Partner Tier List

Goombella > Koops > Bobbery = Yoshi > Vivian >>>>> Ms. Mowz > Flurrie
>>
>>343360853
Danger Mario.
Drop HP to 5 permanently, add like a million danger badges for bonus damage at 5HP or lower, stock up on life shrooms. Do like 50 damage per jump, use multi bounce or whatever it's called to kill bosses in one turn.

You can reassign your HP permanently to 5 after you get the Bob bomb partner, and the badges you can get infinitely at the pianta parlor.
>>
Why is goombella so good? Is it for multi bounce?
>>
>>343363395
Vivian, Bobbery, and Yoshi are considered the best. Goombella and Koops are viable, but situational. Don't bother with the other two.
>>
>>343362169
You don't actually need to get 50 power rushes as that would require a lot of money or by stealing the badge from enemies like paratroopas. Getting 50 power rushes allows Mario to hit his damage cap. Every power rush badge equipped raises your damage by 2 so at least around 13 power rushes is sufficient enough to kill most common enemies in one jump from multibounce. For the bosses just equip last stands and close calls, and utilize Rally Wink from Gombella or Veil from Vivian.
>>
>>343360853
If you're trying to minimize your health you can go danger mario and trivialize the entire game.

If you don't want to lame it out just max out damage with jump moves to 1-turn everything or git gud at super guarding.
>>
>>343365503
>Design/Character
Goombella > Vivian > Bobbery = Yoshi = Koops > Ms. Mowz > Flurrie

>Combat Usefulness
Bobbery = Vivian = Yoshi > Koops >> Goombella > Flurrie > Ms. Mowz

Just my opinions
>>
Its kinda awesome how many people like this game. None of my friends have even played this before.
>>
>>343365702
Rally wink mainly, but multibonk from her is helpful.
>>
How can some of you guys declare this as the best paper mario when there's glaring issues such as backtracking like during the Creepy Staple chapter or time-padding like at Glitz Pitz?
>>
>>343366258
Well what other PM is better?
>>
>>343366361
PM 1
>>
>>343366526
Well what makes you think that? Not a challenge, but why is that your opinion?
>>
>>343365702
I put Goombella on the top of the list because she has availability, tattle utility, the highest single target damage of any partner thanks to Multibonk, decent HP, and after chapter 5 she gets the ability to let Mario attack twice.
>>
>>343366925
These are just personal and subjective reasons as to why I think PM1 was better than TTYD. Don't take this as word.

Personally, I think it's better because of the more engaging (and rewarding) peach segments. Peach's castle was free to explore during certain in-between-chapters, allowing players to discover badges which could be given to Mario using the transfer box. In comparison, in TTYD the peach chapters were mostly linear.

It had more enemies that fit into the Mario series. IMO TTYD introduced way too many weird enemies (Like the Yux's) that just didn't seem like they'd fit in the Mario world. There's so many enemies from other Mario series that they haven't used that would make great enemies to fight against. Mechakoopas, Chucksters from SMW, Whomps from SM64

It had more memorable mini boss / boss fights. I could list off 10 bosses from Paper Mario that I enjoyed/remember playing against while in TTYD, maybe a couple most?

The backtracking/time padding was what killed my love for TTYD a couple months ago during a playthrough. There is just so much backtracking. Hooktail Castle, Getting Madame Flurrie, The Puni Puni sequence, waiting between matches at the Glitz Pitz, Creepy Steeple, Going back to the same island you were just at during previous chapter to get Don Pinata's daughter, Being the Train Detective, etc. What's made worse by these is that they took out the swirl that gave you an extra boost of speed to travel around faster in PM1, replacing it with your yoshi partner who was a hassle using cause you had to get on and get off.

Though I have to say TTYD had the better end-game content with The Pit of 100 Trials
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.