[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Love this kind of pics. Got more?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12
File: other_m.png (902 KB, 912x1434) Image search: [Google]
other_m.png
902 KB, 912x1434
Love this kind of pics. Got more?
>>
>>
Is there one for Skyrim?
>>
Can someone make one for Halo: Reach?
>>
>>343358581
There are some pretty dumb complaints in this one.
Lots of stuff that barely matters or is like in the original or 64, and I don't often see people leveling these complaints at them.

>it's short
The original and 64 are short.

>no Andross true form
64 wouldn't have had a true form without that fake andross robot form, and the robot form died in like 3 seconds and its only attack was flying toward you and running into you if you for some reason didn't shoot it and destroy it in 3 seconds.
Is an alternate non-true-form like that really what you would consider necessary, or even worthy of praise?

>enjoy constantly being forced to U turn
Just like in 64.

>the entire plot is a rehash
64's plot is a rehash of the original.

>makes Command's writing look decent
It's not good at all, but it's nowhere near bad enough to do that. Very little is.

>allies are useless, just there for chatter
Just like in the original and 64.

>Falco never does anything
Just like in the original and 64.

>Bill is useless
Just like in 64.

The issue really is the controls above all else, the content is generally alright.
It feels like the game was made just to do the gamepad controls to justify having the gamepad, rather than for the sake of making a Star Fox game that would actually appeal to anyone who cared, which is probably why they lazily reused old content for the most part and didn't even attempt to push the series forward in any way.
>>
>>343361084
Well, 64 wasn't perfect either, but certainly better than SF0.
>>
>>343361359
If it weren't for the controls, I think Zero would just barely come out on top for me.
I think 64 had some seriously poor content in places (Solar, Sector Z, all-range levels in general) while Zero was more consistently alright.

But then, I also think Star Fox and Star Fox 2 were better than 64. I don't hold 64 in particularly high regard.
>>
>>343362072
I really didn't enjoy SF1 and haven't troed SF2, but I really like SF64
>>
>>343361359
star fox was never good
>>
>>343362072
And I guess I'm also disregarding expecting more from Star Fox in terms of scale or quality after two decades.
>>
>>343356118
outside of its level design metroid is shit and you know it.
>>
>>343362419
t. the 5 people that bought Sin & Punishment
>>
>>343362638
It has decent atmosphere, and movement and controls feel absolutely perfect in Zero Mission.
>>
>>343362730
t star fox baby in denial
>>
File: tryhard.gif (18 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
tryhard.gif
18 KB, 240x160
>>343362638
>>343362419
do you feel special, anon?
>>
>>343362967
common sense isn't anything special.
>>
>>343362961
>is a mad S&Pfag
stay cucked

if you care about your series so much, you should've brought a bit more copies for it.
>>
>>343363169
right back at you, enjoy star fox dying again.
>>
File: weak-ass nerd.png (137 KB, 256x263) Image search: [Google]
weak-ass nerd.png
137 KB, 256x263
>>343363103
>contrarian /v/irgin
>common sense
LOL
>>
File: Battletemplate_gvn_6.png (507 KB, 750x421) Image search: [Google]
Battletemplate_gvn_6.png
507 KB, 750x421
Who do you think would win?!
>>
File: 1462136275349.jpg (779 KB, 3334x2082) Image search: [Google]
1462136275349.jpg
779 KB, 3334x2082
>>343363169
>WELL AT LEAST MY SERIES IS ALIVE AND WELL AND WILL CONTINUE TO GET GAMES
- a Star Fox fan
>>
>>343363365
no one cares about metroid m8 hating isn't a contrarian move.
>>
>>343363230
>enjoy star fox dying again.
you think i give a damn? i rather wait another 10 year for a competent dev to handle star fox than dealing with miyamoto's bullshit

better fridged than living like fucking Sonic.

>>343363439
>projection
>>
>>343363573
>no one cares about metroid m8
stop living in your world /v/
>>
>>343363587
star fox was always a sonic tier series.
>>
>>343363687
everyone moved on and are playing other games m8. why do you think it's dead?
>>
Weren't we supposed to be posting fun vidya complain memes?
Well, I haven't found any...
>>
>>343363573
>m-muh "metroid is shit" meem
how autistic

probably mad Other M flopped so it didn't turn into some cheap PG hack-'n-slash trash instead

and don't even bring FF in, Prime is irrelevant to main Metroid.
>>
>>343363804
>everyone moved on and are playing other games m8.
uh, source /v/?
>>
>>343363981
You're calling me contrarian?. news flash retard primefags are the largest part of your own fanbase.
>>
>>343364123
Look at the top sellers of vidya in the last 10 years.
>>
>>343363804
>everyone moved on and are playing other games
Yeah, because they haven't released any actual Metroid games in fucking ages.
>>
>>343363714
Star Fox had more than 3 good games outside purist shit unlike Sonic.

but of course, you claim it's all shit because it didn't paly enough like your precious Treasure LTD. game.
>>
>>343364317
>Star Fox had more than 3 good games
?
>>
>>343364317
Uh, what? Star Fox has exactly 3 good games.
Star Fox, Star Fox 2, and Star Fox 64.
>>
>>343364434
exactly
>>
>>343364490
>Star Fox 64.
>good
pick one
>>
>>343358742
Wouldn't exist.
>>
>>343364598
Why would I pick just one? Give me a compelling reason.
>>
>>343364183
>news flash retard primefags are the largest part of your own fanbase.
doubt it
>>
>>343364759
it's babies first rail shooter
>>
>>343364768
have any of the 2d games ever gotten a million sales?
>>
>>343364598
>mun sin & punishment mutha fucka
>>
>>343364831
It's not a rail shooter at all. No Star Fox game is. Rails shooters are games like House of the Dead.
>>
>>343364910
Super and fusion did.
>>
>>343365015
source?
>>
>>343364910
>Metroid - 2.73
>Metroid II: Return of Samus 1.72
>Super Metroid - 1.42
>Metroid Fusion - 1.60
are you retarded?
>>
>>343365178
did you use vgchartz?
>>
>>343358581
>"do a barrel roll" is over a decade old
that's the only fact i needed to learn
>>
>>343364490
SF1
SF2 (beta)
SF64
SFA
SF Assault

unless you're a 64 purist or S&Pfag, of course you'd call all these shit.
>>
>>343365116
http://www.the-magicbox.com/Chart-USPlatinum.shtml
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963700
https://m2k2.taigaforum.com/post/the_overall_metroid_sales_data_thread..html

Take your pick. The series always did okay. Just never what Nintendo wanted.
>>
File: TNtnUYb.jpg (222 KB, 700x865) Image search: [Google]
TNtnUYb.jpg
222 KB, 700x865
>>343365270
>VG "guess-timates; Bayo2 sold 1 million" chartz
fuck no

other sites are actually collecting the current available/archived sales data from old/modern sources of Nintendo games that sold pass a million.

unlike fucking VGchartz, they take out out of their ass and label it as "approximates".
>>
>>343365460
>of course you'd call all these shit
Anon, I said three of those games, the majority of what you posted, were good.
Adventures isn't really a Star Fox game, and isn't all that good as a Zelda clone, and Assault's only good for the multiplayer, the single player is trash.

I'm not sure what Sin and Punishment has to do with anything. I haven't mentioned it even once in this thread.
>>
>>343356118
>made by an angry primefag after his haloid got retconned
>>
>/v/ suddenly dislikes star fox
what happened?
>>
>>343366171
>buttmad OMfag has no rebuttal so al he can do is spout buzzwords
>>
>>343366194
new game to shitpost about, and Zero makes it all too easy
>>
File: Fallout3sucks.jpg (934 KB, 2006x2173) Image search: [Google]
Fallout3sucks.jpg
934 KB, 2006x2173
Always a classic
>>
>>343367135
I love quote comparisons like in the top right here.
Need more of that.
>>
File: OtherMSales.png (1021 KB, 1279x2383) Image search: [Google]
OtherMSales.png
1021 KB, 1279x2383
>>343366171
>le prime fans only hate Other M
stay cuck'd your poor as shit NGB clone with never be a Metroid standard so your platinum shit won't interfere. so glad Zero flopped too so PG can back off much more.

i hold zero grudge on the Prime sub-series, because it's irrelevant to main series Metroid other than being "parallel" (what even Sakamoto said). unlike Other M, Sakamoto knows what he did, which why he on a big break on mobile shit.

kudo to the guy who made this infograph
>>
>>343364183
He is right though, Fed Force will only damage the Prime series due to the fact that it's part of the Prime sub series. After Fed Force flops, Nintendo will put the Prime series on hold or kill it. Nintendo has been looking into the main series and said they have plans to continue it. Chances are they are looking at the NX for the next mainline game, I just hope that it's good.
>>
>>343362730

eat shit, S&P is great
>>
>>343364910
Are you stupid?
Every one except Zero Mission sold over a million.
>>
>>343366086
neither what you said about SFA or Assault show or justify any reason why they're "shit".

"not a Star Fox game", what excuse is this? people actually enjoyed Guard over Zero despite it not being fully traditional. and SFA was miles worth playing the freaking Wind Waker on the GCN.

only complaints i've heard about SF: Assault's SP was the traditional non-linearity not included and implemented ground sections needing more work.

while that, everything else is enjoyable in the single player and people whining about linearity need to refer to how KI:U did it right and how Zero did the old way in much unpleasant ways.
>>
>>343366171
I'm a 2D fan and consider the game an insult. Nintendo claimed it was a traditional Metroid but it's just NG with Metroid skin. The story was shit, the gameplay was shit, controls, and character development were all shit. To make matters worse, Nintendo allowed Team Ninja to make some of the character arts which is why Samus looks like a Barbie blond bitch from DOA. Metroid: Other M was cancer.
>>
>>343369565
never said it shit anyways

i see 64 and S&P as differing beasts to each other unlike the other S&P fanboy trying to put the whole series down because it's "not muh S&P!"
>>
>>343370462
Other M is also the reason NG3 was fucking trash until they released Razor's Edge. also, Itagaki being absent from the development of Other M.

i'm honestly glad TN are doing musous for Nintendo than trying to handle an experimental title to see if japs like Metroid and adding more "climatic action" into Metroid.
>>
>>343370972
Me too I just hope when Kyoto EPD makes another mainline Metroid game it plays like the 2D games with story taking a back seat. Nintendo like Microsoft should know that we hate that cinematic trash we like gameplay.
>>
File: Sakamoto on Prime.png (51 KB, 587x227) Image search: [Google]
Sakamoto on Prime.png
51 KB, 587x227
after seeing how FE got considered as a new "major IP" member of the Nintendo family, after Awkn./Fates sold nearly 2 million, i really don't want to hear the "X doesn't sell" meme.

at least Prime 1's presence helped Fusion outsell Super, so i rather them bring back proper Prime-style (if Kensuke Tanabe get whipped to do it) and Traditional in the same time again to create that effect again.
>>
>>343370216
Alright, let's do this then.
>Assault's single player is 10 levels, compared with the original's 19 levels, and 64's 16 levels
>Assault has no branching or alternate paths
>the game's difficulty levels don't appear to change anything of consequence, and no matter what setting you choose everything is way too easy. What this and the previous point mean is there is next to no replay value whatsoever, unless you REALLY want to unlock Xevious for some reason
>the game has three rail shooting levels created especially for the single player, the other 7 levels are repurposed multiplayer maps, which is why they have comparatively real shitty and repetitive graphics (designed to run well in 4 player split screen)
>the 3 rail shooting levels have dumbed down controls and mechanics compared to Star Fox and Star Fox 64, featuring things like auto-aim within the aiming reticle, and making the Arwing move fast in all directions at all times rather than constantly needing to control the orientation of the Arwing to move faster in certain directions or avoid shit
>the rail shooting levels are also fairly slow, and poorly paced with frequent moments of downtime
>the repurposed multiplayer maps feature lazy, tedious goals like "destroy all the enemy spawners"
>enemies in the repurposed multiplayer maps seem to just be placed wherever with no thought or effort put into any of it
>your partners are still dumb as shit, and now you have to stop doing whatever it is you're doing on-foot, backtrack to the Arwing, and fly around for a bit to save their asses
>you're subjected to two lengthy and godawful turret sections in Assault's singleplayer
>the on-foot controls blow dick
>yes, even with dual analog
>>
>>343371985
Did Prime 1 really help or was it because Metroid fans haven't received a Metroid game for 8 years?
>>
File: LOL RIP Days Gone.png (2 MB, 1900x1050) Image search: [Google]
LOL RIP Days Gone.png
2 MB, 1900x1050
>>343356118
my fav
>>
>>343372443
Prime outsold the very first Metroid (2.78m units sold) and had GBA link cable-related stuff for people who also own a GBA & Metroid Fusion. (i.e. Fusion Suit in Prime, playable Metroid 1, etc.)

also the fact the both games were released in the "same very day and month" after 8 years of no Metroid game, making fans extremely excited to try out a brand new kind of Metroid style and the return of the traditional style at the same kind of time.

so yeah, it did help and like Sakamoto said in the pic, it brought many more fans to the expanding Metroid.
>>
>>343364490
>it's a "Star Fox 2 was good guys cuz I played the fan translated ROM so I would know" episode

Although the story was Command's biggest fault, everyone agrees the always-all-range gameplay sucked ass. And yet, people still fellate Star Fox 2 as some tragically unreleased gem when it shared a ton of features with Command (including people like Dylan Cuthbert).
>>
>>343366171
Go home ACFag.
>>
>>343362072
>If it weren't for the controls
Gyro aiming is one of the best things about that game.
>>
>>343373589
honestly people hated Command due to the awful story, touch scrren controls, and the gameplay being more of a strategy game than what SF2 was.
>>
>>343361084
>nintoddler tries to defend SF10
>points out what everyone else is saying

>JUST LIKE IN 64
>JUST LIKE
>JUST
>>
>>343373589
I have no issue with all-range mode itself.
I do have issues with all-range mode as implemented in every other Star Fox game though.

64:
>all-range levels have few obstacles or little level geometry (flat planes or empty space), have very few enemy types, and all the enemies congregate in the middle of the map and just fly around stupidly, rarely doing anything of interest
>all-range level bosses are stationery or barely move, and do nothing to attack you directly
>you can only slow down for a short period and you're always moving forward (and again, enemies are in the middle, and bosses don't/barely move) so you're constantly turning around toward your target, getting just a few shots off, passing your target, and so on over and over
All-range mode bosses at the end of rail shooting levels are usually pretty alright though. Not sure how they fucked up the all-range levels

Command:
>shit touch screen controls
>dumb shit like barrel rolls that last an eternity

Zero:
>no map
>functional but awkward and not very enjoyable controls

Meanwhile in 2:
>indefinite speeding up or slowing down, and walker transformation, prevent constantly passing your target issue
>walker transformation can strafe, making it control much better than in Zero
>walker transformation does more damage, making it actually worth using
>constant incentive to switch forms at your discretion, as one form moves fast and one form kills fast, and as a real time game being fast matters
>large variety of enemies with a decent variety of behaviors all over
>>
>>343372571
This was magical. I like Syphon Filter.
>>
>>343374421
I'm not intending to defend the game, which is why I shit on it at the end of that post.

Let me break this down for you. Since you apparently can't even tell that I don't like the game much, you clearly need this help.
The vast majority of criticism in the image is in comparison to Star Fox 64, and it seems clear to me that whoever made the image considers 64 a timeless classic beyond reproach, yet Zero gets shit for essentially maintaining status quo.
I don't think it's at all valid to hold both of those positions (64 is timeless classic, Zero is bad for same design decisions), so I'm pointing out the instances where the games shares design decisions.
The point of this is to shit on the arguments, not defend Zero. I agree that all of those things are flaws. I'm not saying "but 64 did it, so it's good". I'm saying "but 64 did it, so stop acting like this game is so much worse than 64 in this area".
>>
Pics that do your thinking for you?
>>
>>343377295
>Nintenbabby Finally Grows Up : The Post
glad to help anon
>>
>>343377528
But nothing changed. I only explained what I said from the beginning.
>>
>>343373191
Before Prime 1 released everyone was very optimistic about Metroid going FPS. People were interested in Fusion before both were released. When the good reviews for Prime came in people decided to play themselves and loved it. Prime also sold through console bundles with the Gamecube.
>>
>>343378850
>Prime 1 released everyone was very optimistic about Metroid going FPS
I remember the opposite, honestly.
>western dev no one has ever heard of given the reigns to beloved 2D series and they turn it into a first person shooter
>>
>>343379621
Then you must not been on gaming forums at the time. Fans of the 2D games didn't know what to think of Prime. With Mario we had 64 with Zelda we had OOT & MM, but for Metroid we had an FPS. When Prime finally released and fans played it, they realize that Prime was an incredibly good game that changed things for the series. Fans saw Metroid in a new light with Prime and Retro an unproven studio at the time made a name for themselves as one the best video game studios in the industry. But if Prime never happened Metroid still would not have been dead because of Fusion though. I doubt Metroid: Fusion sales would have changed much with or without Prime.
>>
>>343380301
Yeah, that was the response after it had come out and people played it.
I was talking about before release.
>>
>>343380723
Yes before release fans were optimistic while journalist were more interested because it was a new concept and idea.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.