[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
never played a hitman game before. should I get absolution or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 15
File: header.jpg (19 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
19 KB, 460x215
never played a hitman game before.

should I get absolution or the new episodic hitman?
>>
Neither.

Get Contracts and play it. Then get Blood Money.

If you enjoy both of those, you can move on to Hitman 6.
>>
Not Absolution, that's for sure.
Start with Blood Money. Then work your way to either the newest one, or back to Contracts and Hitman 2.
>>
>>343353343
The new one is good, but like the other anons said you might want to start with Blood Money or Contracts.
>>
>>343353343
Hitman 2 is the best. I'd recommend starting with that, then Contracts, then Blood Money.
>>
File: IMG-20150327-WA0003.jpg (29 KB, 424x393) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150327-WA0003.jpg
29 KB, 424x393
>>343353489
>>343353614
>>343353716

whats wrong with absolution?
>>
>>343354336
It was a step backwards in a franchise that had only been getting better up to that point.
>>
>>343354336
Most of /v/ will call it an absolute garbage game.

Instead I'll tell you that it just isn't a good starting point for the franchise because it throws the series' proven mission structure of "here's a set of missions with varied environments and targets you have to take out with occasional secondary objectives, get on that champ" and substitutes it for a The Professional rip-off whose general mission design is "get from A to B".

But the few times where it remembers it actually is a Hitman game are actually masterfully done though.
>>
>>343354336
>>
>>343354637
>masterfully done

Disguises are still useless and the lack of any loadout kills the replayability.

If you were to put the best missions in Absolution into the previous three games, the fanbase would consider them to be Hidden Valley-tier.
>>
>>343354336
it's an excellent splinter cell game
>>
>>343354827
I don't remember him taking off his mask at the actual scene
That makes it significantly dumber.

>>343355358
I don't know Anon, I certainly rank King of Chinatown among the best missions that the series has to offer. But that's the problem with Absolution, Chinatown is literally the only part of the game where you're doing your job instead of the assassinations themselves being a side objective or a means to an end within the mission itself.

And I've always found the designs of Absolution a good middle point between Blood Money's model and that of the earlier games. I wonder how the new one changes it.

I do miss my loadouts and suitcase sniper rifle though.
>>
>>343355649
>the designs
The disguises of Absolution, I mean
>>
File: rlm21.jpg (55 KB, 512x487) Image search: [Google]
rlm21.jpg
55 KB, 512x487
>>343355623
>reminding me that they ruined Splinter Cell too
>>
File: hittyman.png (107 KB, 424x595) Image search: [Google]
hittyman.png
107 KB, 424x595
200k owners cant be wrong, now can they? It must be good.
>>
>absolution was a good game but a bad hitman game

Haha, this meme cracks me up non-stop!
>>
>>343353343
Absolution is a fun game, it added a cover system which I loved, but it can be super linear in some levels which is why quite a few Hitman fans dislike it.

Have to go with what first anon said
Contracts->Blood Money->HITMAN/Absolution
>>
>>343354336

There are several Hitman games and it's not the best one.

There are two ways to start a series:
1) Play all of the games in order
2) Just play the best one

If you started with Absolution, you'd be doing neither of those things.
>>
>>343354331
>Hitman 2
t. Deluded Nostalgia Fag
>>
Blood Money: Top Tier

Contracts: Boss except the last chinese missions

Absolution: Super Mario
>>
>>343353343
Play Blood Money. It's most people's entry to the franchise and objectively the best one.
>>
>>343356604
It was a decent game. I think calling it a bad game on its own is kind of hyperbole. It's definitely a terrible Hitman game by anyone's standards, though. Hitman is a really unique series and they made it into the most generic stealth game possible.
>>
>>343357591
Contracts is pretty excellent too, and I feel like if you start with Blood Money, you might have a harder time appreciating Contracts.
>>
I am begrudgingly playing thru absolution right now and hating every moment of it. What the hell was the point of adding all these maze missions where 47 can't play in any other way except no touching the guards and getting somewhere? You get somewhere so you can STRANGLE the shit out of someone, NOT WASTE A WHOLE MISSION ON IT!!
>>
>>343353343
Blood Money first, if you really like it then you might want to try Silent Assassin and Contracts next. Then the new one. If you don't like Blood Money, Absolution might be up more your alley.
>>
>>343354827
Commentating it:

https://youtu.be/LzmhOW0yY5E?t=7m4s
>>
>>343358371
Square Enix ruined the franchise by giving it to Kane & Lynch team and asking them to produce mass garbage, understand "something that sells".
Although many of the former team are still working on hitman, the orignal designers now made their own studio "RetoMoto" and are in charge of Heroes&General f2p, the game for which the guy who modeled 47, and Jesper Kyd worked on (this tells you much about what they represent as former IO talents).

Also the lead producer was the previous art director(Tore Blystad), this guy has now been removed ever since Hitman 6, thankfully, since the new guy in charge seems to be doing a much better job
>>
Contracs featured some of the logistics missions (first and last) that we see way too much of in absolution. The main problem with these missions in absolution, unlike Contracts, is that they are repetitive, unnecessary, and boring.
>>
>>343353343
Blood Money > â„¢ > Contracts > Silent Assassin > Codename 47 = Absolution
>>
>>343353343
both of those suck
>>
>>343354336
absolution is hit a to win anon
>>
IMO Hitman 6 is on par with Blood Money. The other games are retarded and yes I know I'll get flack for that but seriously 1 is horribly outdated, 2 is also convoluted, 3 is alright but too short.
>>
>>343354336
Play 2, then Blood Money
Contracts is meh, Absolution might be fun for you but it's definitely not a Hitman game.
Other entires aren't really worth mentioning.

The new episodic entry is garbage.
>>
>>343359205
Nah, let's be fair, Absolution is shit, but it is better than C47. Otherwise, I agree.
>>
>>343359205
>Codename 47 = Absolution
Fuck you. Codename 47 was good. Buggy as fuck, but good. Traditions of the Trade alone was better than anything in Absolution.
>>343359763
And fuck you too.
>>
>>343359731
This guy has the absolute wrongest taste. 2 is the completely optional game. You play Contracts and then Blood Money. Hitman 6 is good as well.
>>
>>343359824
t. Deluded Nostalgia Fag
Traditions of the Trade is indeed an excellent level, especially the C47 version. The Contracts version is way worse. But C47 is the worst Hitman game overall.
>>
>>343359681
have you even played Contracts bro?
>>
The only thing really wrong with it is that it's episodic. Also the turbo-shitty DRM.
Other than that it's actually good and most of the hate is undeserved.
>>
>>343360023
>Also the turbo-shitty DRM.
Don't tell me this thing is always online?
>>
>>343359952
There is a reason that Contracts redid so many C47 levels instead of SA levels. Because they were good and people wanted them on a non-buggy engine.
>But C47 is the worst Hitman game overall.
Better than Absolution which wasn't even a Hitman game.
>>
File: hitmancontracts_Pcbox.jpg (45 KB, 356x500) Image search: [Google]
hitmancontracts_Pcbox.jpg
45 KB, 356x500
All you kids are too young to remember Contracts and have a habit of praising BM. Without Contracts there would have been no Blood Money. Seriously, run through asylum aftermath down to leehong assassination THEN tell me you've played Hitman.
>>
>>
>>343360090
'Online' saves won't work offline and vis versa, and if you lose connection while playing 'online' then you get kicked out.

There's an offline mode but challenges and unlocks are online-only.
>>
BLOOD MONEY IS GOD!
>>
>>343354637

I've only played Absolution and I stopped playing around Mission 4. The game was just hard and frustrating to me. I don't usually suck at stealth games either. Then again, I was trying to get every objective for achievements so it took me forever just to do those missions. I might play it again at some point.

Are the other games in the series easier or harder than Absolution?
>>
Play blood money and the new one
>liking the new one
It's fucking excellent other than being episodic and anyone who says otherwise is a contrarian chode
>>
>>343360319
Don't know what you're talking about, m8. I made the first post in this thread and mentioned Contracts. Blood Money is better, but Contracts is indeed excellent as well.
>>
>>343360361
You fortunately don't get kicked out anymore. It just pauses and you can resume the game when you have a connection.
I'd have been very frustrated by now with the game if they didn't add that.
>>
File: 1450890359913.jpg (78 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
1450890359913.jpg
78 KB, 444x460
>tfw don't have fun in HITMAN 2016 because can't run around stealth killing everyone because infinite guards
>game is also optimized like shit
>game forces me to LOW settings and won't let me adjust them manually despite having a fucking 4gb 760
>runs like ass
>can run Witcher 3 on all high at 45-60fps
>>
>>343360503
If you were playing Absolution on Purist, then the other Hitman games are a bit easier, maybe, but it's hard to quantify because they're completely different games.

Absolution is a stealth game.

The other games are also stealth games, but more of a weird mix of adventure + puzzle.
>>
>>343360545

I've missed so many of the Elusive Targets due to not wanting to bother until more levels are added.

I wasn't even paying attention and got the one for E3, completely oblivious it was only there during E3.

It's the only one I have.

Don't care about the rewards, really.
>>
Tell me that the biggest downside to Hitman 6 isn't the lack of proper soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-KaKB8bRqQ
>>
>>343360678
You aren't using infinite literally, are you? The game does not have infinite guards, just a shitload of them.
>>
>>343360319
I played all Hitman games at release. Gameplay-wise I like Contracts, but I disliked the atmosphere and tone of it. And then there's the number of old remade levels. BM brought back the old Hitman tone, mostly the same gameplay as Contracts, and actual new content. Contracts is still a very good game, it just doesn't make you want to go back and play it again as much.
>>
File: 1.png (71 KB, 492x686) Image search: [Google]
1.png
71 KB, 492x686
>>343360678
>game forces me to LOW settings and won't let me adjust them manually despite having a fucking 4gb 760
>>
File: Frustrating.png (204 KB, 705x715) Image search: [Google]
Frustrating.png
204 KB, 705x715
>>343360361
Ah, the MGSV model then. Disappointing.

>>343360503
I'd say Blood Money is easier than Absolution, while 2 is harder. Contracts I cannot recall, since I haven't played it extensively enough to know for sure.

That said, however, Hitman games, like every stealth game, have a certain puzzle game aspect to them, the difficulty evaporates once you know the proper routes, the proper methods, the proper disguises. Relying on Stealth alone is something that Absolution forces on you more than the other games do.
>>
>>343360843

Not literally.

It's just not fun or enjoyable because they all swarm you like fucking crazy, and it's a lot harder to do a mass murder run for shits and giggles like I could in 2, Contracts, and BM.
>>
>>343360864
There was no old hitman tone.
Contracts is what put the real bases, and what gave BM afterwards.
>>
>>343360876

Not them, but I did this and the game runs like absolute ass, while having no excuse for it.
>>
>>343354336
If Absolution didn't have Hitman for its title then it would probably be good. There's a trend among shitty devs to use famous video game titles when their """"game"""" has nothing similar with the previous installments.
>Sacred and Sacred 2 is a diablo clone
>Sacred 3 is mobile gaming gauntlet bullshit
>Dragon Age: Origins has story, decent character level progression and skills
>DA2 and Inquisition is sjw driven whose selling point is the gay characters literally why
>Hitman up to Blood Money drops you in a level where you're free to explore and conduct your chosen method of execution
>Absolution takes the linear route and has bullet time to compensate for the dudebros that play on consoles
>>
>>343360808
You're right, but Hitman 6 does have a few good tunes. I like the main theme that shows up in the main menu and when you beat the mission and the song that plays when you completed your hit and are moving to escape.

Also, only three weeks left for the two bonus levels.
>>
>>343360864

Contracts is my favorite because of the overall tone, as well as the story behind it.

>47 on his way to eliminate the Paris Police Chief
>fails
>gets shot
>passes out in his hotel room
>dreams of his past contracts while a back alley doctor sent by Diana saves your life
>have to escape the swat by the skin of your teeth
>>
>>343360808
strange, because music in trailers is jesper kyd tier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVqxMCZ3u6k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01bYEelwwHc
>>
>>343357312

Hitman 2 has the best levels, lenght and story. Also, it's harder than Blood Money. Fuck you.
>>
>>343361124
That's literally the only good track in the whole game.
>>
>>343360962
I found that the way to go with mass murderer runs is to constantly be changing disguises.
>>
>>343361309

The only thing "harder" about Hitman 2 is how absolutely fucking twitchy it's AI is. You sneeze halfway across the map, and suddenly YAME YAME from across the map.
>>
>>343361319
B-b-but I mentioned two different tracks.
There's also the track that plays during the cinematic showing 47 in flashbacks which I really like.
>>
>>343360968
>There was no old hitman tone.

What are you talking about. Hitman 1 and 2 had plenty of tone. C47 was campy as fuck and pretty silly as was SA, while Contracts took itself too seriously.
>>
File: sad man.jpg (19 KB, 294x295) Image search: [Google]
sad man.jpg
19 KB, 294x295
>>343361273
Thanks for reminding me the best vidya composer isnt doing TM
>>
File: 1444488530842.png (189 KB, 512x406) Image search: [Google]
1444488530842.png
189 KB, 512x406
>>343361469

Contracts wasn't serious. It just had a dark tone and atmosphere to go with the tone of the overall plot of the game. It all tied together to make it a very dark looking game.

It wasn't just made all dark and edgy just because.

Fuck man. I hate how underappreciated and misunderstood Contracts is.
>>
>>343361309
>Best levels
Debatable, it has a lot of great levels like Anathema, Death of Hannelore, Invitation to a Party, etc.

>lenght
No, it has bad length, because half of the game is filled with shitty missions like Tubeway Torpedo, Graveyard Shift, all of Afghanistan, nearly all of Japan.

>story
Irrelevant and untrue

>Also, it's harder than Blood Money
True, but Blood Money is still the best game, difficulty isn't everything. Also, unlike Contracts, Silent Assassin's difficulty is often retarded (Congratulations on missing on your Silent Assassin rank because a NPC. ran a truck over another NPC and now everyone is alerted of your presence, yeah, fuck off).
>>
>>343361469
BM is closer to contracts than Silent Assassin.

Basically contracts is SA, removing all the pointless stuff, or fillers if you like.
>>
>>343360678

>run around stealth killing everyone

You've played every Hitman game wrong, then
>>
>>343361694

I finish the games and SA most levels before I do fuck-around runs.
>>
>>343361694
>Not playing Hitman games in multiple different ways
>>
>>343361658

>difficulty isn't everything

It's very relevant when you have a game like BM which is piss easy; unless you act like a complete dumbass, you're nearly invisible.
>>
>>343361882

Yeah, like behaving and driving responsably in a GTA game. You are free to do that, but that's not how it's done.
>>
>>343361986
Better than taking off your SA ranking with buggy bullshit. Blood Money has less levels because they're all well designed, as opposed to Silent Assassin's "Let's make like five good levels and throw in fifteen shit ones for good measure)

The one thing I'll grant Silent Assassin is that it has the best soundtrack of the series. Which is actually a pretty high bar.
>>
>>343361273
Jesus this trailer, I've rarely seen something this good in a while.
>>
>>343362125
Dude, what do you think all the unsilenced guns you unlock in these games are for?
>>
Hitman's a weird series. The overall design is unique and promising, but probably a bit too complex given the state of the industry/limits of contemporary tech. For everything an entry gets right, it also fucks up something that one of the previous games has figured out, leaving the consummate Hitman "experience" frustratingly out of reach.

Basically, the hypothetical future game that takes SA's rigid difficulty, Contracts' practice of modest yet worthwhile assassination options, and BM's polish will be GOTYAY.
>>
47's new appearance is fucking garbage.
>>
>>343362675

BM was near-perfect. They just needed more maps that were larger, and needed to not be as easy as it was.

Contracts had a near-perfect AI. Not too twitchy, but not so utterly lenient when matched to your disguise.
>>
>>343357591
Listen to this anon because he is correct
>>
>>343363024
>BM was near-perfect
It was really the opposite problem of SA: instead of making what amounts to a stealth game without a proper stealth system, they give you an obscene amount of options that don't amount to anything because it's so braindead simple killing your target like you would in the other titles. Put on a disguise and you were given free reign to do literally whatever you wanted. At that point, it's not really a game so much as a sadism simulator.

SA, on the other hand, had really cool shit like needing to balance your distance from a target's eyesight with how fast you could move (read: not very fast at all since most people would freak out about you running). Shame there weren't as many assassination options.

Contracts struck the best balance, but it still was too buggy and imprecise; sometimes I'd have to walk, other times I'm free to run at any speed. Ditto for disguise inconsistencies.

It really is a shame they haven't figured this all out yet.
>>
Are the stupid big bold words that appear in the middle of the screen optional?
>>
>>343364526
Absolutely. I play Hitman 6 without any hud and it feels great.
>>
File: enraged-grizzly-bear.jpg (29 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
enraged-grizzly-bear.jpg
29 KB, 320x240
>be mid 2012, waiting for the next Hitman game
>git ready do some awesome hits, playing Blood Money over and over again, all the way from Death of a Showman down to Requiem, enjoying each level and it's hits in all different methods combined
>Absolution comes out
>this was it, the epic hits with updated graphics and system!!
>Play after 2 missions
>Forced to crawl and sneak mission after mission
>Where are the hits?? The weapon preps??
>Run all the way from fire and rain to Chinatown to kill three niggas
>...
>Run some more
>Turn off Console
>>
>>343365228
Absolution was my biggest vidya related disappointment. I think next one will be Crash Bandicoot for PS4.
>>
>>343365463
>>343365228
For me it was THI4F that done me in. Absolution quashed the flame inside me. THI4F made sure that not a single ember remained.

Thank god TM is not as shit and is actually decent, despite some fuck-ups. I would not have survived on Stellaris, ZTD and Overwatch alone
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66 KB, 1920x818) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66 KB, 1920x818
>>343365685
>THI4F
what a fucking disaster that was
>>
>>343355649
The problem with absolution is that on harder difficulties the disguise system makes the game nearly unplayable. It's a fucking joke.
>>
>>343365874
Disguises are useless and the game is based around you crouching out of everyone's sight. It's bullshit and I'm glad those times are behind us.
>>
>>343358239
is it just me or was contracts weirdly difficult. no disguises worked right and when they did it was still pretty hard to beat without killing a bunch of people
>>
>>343353343
Don't listen to the /v/tards with shit taste, absolution is the best in the series and worth every penny, buy it now, with all the DLC. trust me.
>>
Thank god the Absolution times are over
>>
absolute shit.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.