[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So with play anywhere what is even the point of an xbone if you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: xbox_play_anywhere11.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
xbox_play_anywhere11.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
So with play anywhere what is even the point of an xbone if you have a nice pc?
>>
>>343346689
For people who don't have great PCs.
>>
>>343346689
Most people don't have those sorts of PCs. It was simply a nice gesture for those who do, because if you were already interested in owning a XB1 without this feature, I don't see how it would deter you.
>>
>>343346689
For people who hate Winblows 10
>>
>>343346689

To play with your pleb friends who have an xbox and refuse to get a gaming PC
>>
>>343346689

None but since only about 3% of people (friendless autists) buy $1000+ gaymin pcs, this is irrelevant.
>>
some games just feel better with online fees, a controller and playing on a TV
>>
>>343346689
What was ever the point of owning a game console if you already have a really nice PC?
>>
>>343347192
You say none, then proceed to give a pretty striking reason.
>>
>>343347783
Bloodborne machine.
>>
Ask the guy I sold my Xbox One to after E3.
>>
>>343346689
There is no point if you have a nice PC. For everyone else who wants a cheaper alternative there is Xbox. Not a bad move
>>
There was never any point to owning an XBOX One.
>>
I'm building a 1070 rig next week. Just waiting on parts. What games should I get?

All my friends are playing overwatch
>>
>>343346689
>installing windows 10
>>
File: 1460525777585.jpg (41 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1460525777585.jpg
41 KB, 600x450
So with this move, Microsoft effectively handed the console market to Sony on a silver platter. Prepare for more broken ports and more delayed ports. Prepare for almost every third party game being PS4 exclusive.
>>
>So with play anywhere what is even the point of an xbone if you have a pc?
Uhh, play anywhere is for people who own both. I don't see what you're talking about.
>>
>>343349079

>being this delusional

No ms effectively made the strongest console with certain games that will never ever be going to the ps4

If you want to be a sonycuck that get shit on for running the same games like shit then by all means and wants to think everyone has a 1k gaming pc
>>
>>343346689
Because you can play those games on $100 Craigslist xbone you nug
>>
>>343346845
>because if you were already interested in owning a XB1 without this feature, I don't see how it would deter you

Someone with a high end gaming rig would only be interested in owning an Xbone without this feature because they would require an Xbone to play exclusives. If they can play them on their PC, they have no reason to buy an Xbone. That's how I personally feel as a PC gamer, at least.

Still, Windows 10 prevents me from being super happy about this. I'd love to play Forza Horizon 3 (and 2 if it gets Play Anywhere support) but I just can't justify installing W10 with what I know about it.
>>
>>343346689
This is for people who own both. There's always been a handful of Xbox games on PC. If you noticed with main games like Gears, Forza or Halo you are either
A:Not getting a mainline series game. Horizon is cool, but more like byrbout paradise or open world motorstorm. Forza Motorsports is still xbone exclusive. Halo wars obviously isn't a mainline halo game. It's an RTS, which is better in PC
B:A game that was always coming to be. Ala Gears or Recore.
I have a PC and an xbone, they work really well together. Especially with streaming. It's nice to be able to play console fps games with a mouse and keyboard instead of an Xbox controller with streaming.
>>
>>343346901
>Fuck I hate Windows 10
>Let me get a locked windows 10 machine, that's better
>>
>>343349842
Not him, but at least it keeps it separated from your main platform. I'd probably rather buy a cheap Xbone than install Windows 10 honestly.
>>
>>343346689
>So with play anywhere what is even the point of an xbone if you have a nice pc?

Just for reference, if those same pc gamers bought a console, they'd only be picking up the few worthwhile exclusives you can count on one hand and NOTHING else.

If say a pc gamer bought a used ps4 and an exclusive game used, sony sees no money. Then it collects dust until the next exclusive comes along and repeat. Even if they bought it full price, that's just 1 game or 2.

What consoles are for is for retards to buy into the paid online sub and buy ALL their games there feeding ms and sony money. Sony and MS won't give a shit if you buy the 1-2 worthwhile exclusives and nothing else. Especially if you don't sub for online.
>>
File: 1361965984797.jpg (134 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1361965984797.jpg
134 KB, 800x792
>>343346901
>for people too dumb and pleb to just dualboot W10 and his or her favorite flavor of GNU+Linux
ftfy
>>
Because Halo
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.