[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets talk about how Dice has already fucked up their world war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: sjwfield1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sjwfield1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Lets talk about how Dice has already fucked up their world war one shooter by excluding France and Russia as playable factions. World War 1 literally never would have started if Russia hadnt mobilized its troops to protect the balkan slavs but I guess they think that their audience is full of peole who only want to play as 'murika, britbongs or the proto nazis.

But at least they almost included female soldiers instead, right? Fucks sake this sjw crap has gone on long enough, dont you agree?
>>
Why do people who are making video games about soldiers brutally killing each other over and over think that they have to be politically correct about it? Like whats the fucking point of that?
>>
It's retarded and dumb, but you people are blowing it out of preportion

It's a battlefield game, not a WWI game, expecting anything different and you only have yourself to blame
>>
>muh sjws ruining my history game

It's for money. They know full well the importance of France and Russia. They are going to sell them as DLC. France is already confirmed.
I doubt they won't play any significance in the campaign, but who the hell cares about the campaign
>>
>>343341381
But its a game based on WW1. Do you really think we shouldnt expect a little bit of common sense when it comes to something this simple?
>>
>>343341821
Anon, they were gonna have female bedouin soldiers. Let that sink in for a little bit.
>>
>>343342187
I wonder if the kebab will get pissed off at that.
>>
>>343340993
While I hate historical inaccuracies as much as the next guy, the priority is good Battlefield gameplay, and as long as this feels like BC2, I'll be stoked. The race thing does peeve me, but most of you cunts just hate black people and use any and all opportunity.

I always see it like a Valhalla situation, like... people immortally reliving battles forever. Stupid but I see it more like that.

That's my two cents.
>>
>>343342437
>as long as this feels like BC2, I'll be stoked.
That's fucking retarded. It should feel like WW1-era gameplay rather than giving everyone automatic weapons.
>>
File: femalesoldier.jpg (33 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
femalesoldier.jpg
33 KB, 800x450
>>343341821
>It's for money.
It definitely wouldnt surprise me if thats what they are doing it for. We havent heard much about DLCs yet so it might be safe to assume that theyre gonna make you buy those factions or at least maps/modes with those factions.

But anyway, look at this shit, man.
>>
>>343342601
>WW1-era gameplay

How does that describe anything? It should feel more akin to BC2 than BF3 and 4 is all I'm saying.

Yeah, WW1 guns and vehicles, atmosphere, whatnot, but core gameplay should feel like a Bad Company game.
>>
>>343342070
no ones not gonna care enough or even at all to not buy the game/refund.
>>
>>343342437
I miss BC2 too, but that doesnt mean you should let them do whatever they want in terms of DLC.

I really didnt care about the black soldier thing. The battlefield games have always had black soldiers and there were black soldiers serving in America during WW1.
>>
>>343342903
Just because youre an ambivalent consumer of Dice's shit doesnt mean other people should be.
>>
File: vape nation.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vape nation.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
>France
I'm with you on that one.
>Russia
All we did in WWI consisted of getting shrekt by germans and bailing out when commies started to fuck shit up. Cyкa блять.
>>
>>343343105
wow some history is wrong in a MP only FPS
>implying sp matters
youre going to just pass out the fun because of that?
>>
Extra Credits tends to lean a little too left for my tastes, but they did a pretty good job of explaining how WW1 started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-wSL4WqUws&index=5&list=PLhyKYa0YJ_5Aq7g4bil7bnGi0A8gTsawu
>>
>>343340993
Who the hell cares?
>>
>>343343513
It demonstrates a basic lack of understanding of the war. Call me a faggot all you want, but I dont want to buy a game from a company that doesnt care whatsoever about staying true to the source material.
>>
>>343343619
You cared enough to reply
>>
>>343343165
You guys basically started the war, though. You should be more interested.
>>
>>343343854
and thats fine, but generally """"""gamers"""'"''''' let slight alterations pass as it's a video game after all and not a documentary.
>>
>>343340993
I don't really give a fuck.
In fact, only /pol/ does.
>>
Because of the nigger, now /v/ is constantly talking about BF1.
The system works.
>>
>>343344359
Ok but what if I want to play as a russian soldier killing german soldiers?
>>
File: HillaryPresident041115.jpg (873 KB, 3000x2055) Image search: [Google]
HillaryPresident041115.jpg
873 KB, 3000x2055
>you have lived long enough to see /pol/ begin to take over /v/
>>
>>343342638
Female soldier were just recently announced as being removed. They make up history constantly with 1 but at least there not going that far. Of course one of there employees had a feminist sissy fit over it.
>>
>>343344482
>>343343619
>>343343513
You guys dont seem understand that Dice is relying on the fact that you arent going to care about what they are going to do so long as you get to run around like a maniac and shoot at people. You are literally the reason that the games industry sucks.
>>
>>343344886
/pol/ is a necessary evil.
You ever see the sad state of /co/ these days? Imagine if the entire site was that SJW. /pol/ is needed to counterbalance the increasing leftist influence encroaching this site.
>>
>>343344886
Sorry for thinking that playing a female soldier in world war 1 is stupid.
>>
File: 1455570132511.jpg (39 KB, 600x589) Image search: [Google]
1455570132511.jpg
39 KB, 600x589
>>343345029
Are you concerned about ethics in games journalism too?
>>
>>343345029
So Battlefield is going to be Battlefield?
>>
>>343345029
>>343344606
ever think its not maybe the 5 people here, but the bazillion normies who dont give a shit because theyre not history majors, and would buy the game either way
>>
>>343340993
Almost means not, you know
>>
>>343345236
Nope, game journalism has always been stupid.

Video games havent always been about a publisher/developer spending hundreds of millions of dollars to produce a shitty game for a bunch of mindless drones to consume. They're doing it because you let them get away with it every year.
>>
>>343344886
Yes, I too lived long enough to see 2012

>>343345105
/co/ is an infinitely better board than /v/
>>
>>343345602
You realise that Dice loves the free publicity they get from retards from /v/ sperging about a nigger being in the game and making it about some political horse shit instead of the (You) bait that it is.

If nobody cared either way, we would see it on its own merits as Yet Another Generic FPS the 6 millionth.
>>
>>343345532
Its not necessarily about knowing history. Its about how Dice has become like the burger king of the games industry.

The next time you buy and play a shit game dont come crying back to /v/ because you let that shit happen.
>>
File: gavrilo-princip_vafYD.jpg (120 KB, 600x585) Image search: [Google]
gavrilo-princip_vafYD.jpg
120 KB, 600x585
>>343344068
No, that would be The Eternal Serb.
>>
>>343345807
I dont think they like that kind of publicity, actually. Theyre pretty faithful to their sjw agendas.
>>
>>343341231
Cause they're afraid if they don't comply they'll lose 500k from teh PC community out of the 100million they're going to make anyways. And publicity, you gotta get people talking about the game...especially after 1 world wide teaser and 1 world wide trailer.
>>
oh my fucking god, you faggots are just tumblr-tier SJWs at this point
>>
>>343348039
They are.
I mean, at first it was with the feminism shit, but jesus christ now even a single sight of a nigger triggers them.
Don't know how these people deal with getting out of their homes and seeing a nigger.
>>
>>343345838
so youre agreeing with me. the same thing applies with every cod title and its community. again, normal people couldnt give a single fuck about the wrong history besides maybe the 2 history philosophers here. everything youve said in that post, weve been saying about CoD of dooty and look where thats at. the games are shit, but people buy them still
>>
>>343343165
Russia fucked the Austrians and Turks up pretty bad at least.
>>
I honestly don't understand how some people don't understand how to sell something. Putting in women won't cost much upfront, but having the vagina DLC would catch flak for being sexist. France and Russia are fucking white cis males so no one with a job and things to do will complain and people WILL pay for the DLC weapons, skins, and maps wihout a second though.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.