[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get good at this game? I'm having fun but it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 250px-Devil_May_Cry_Cover_art.jpg (38 KB, 250x354) Image search: [Google]
250px-Devil_May_Cry_Cover_art.jpg
38 KB, 250x354
How do I get good at this game? I'm having fun but it's kicking my ass quite hard. At the Griffin boss currently.
>>
>>343338317
Learn to jump
>>
>>343338685
What about combat wise? I know you can do certain combos by pausing after slashing twice, but how much deeper does it go?
>>
I'm pretty sure you can kill the griffin boss by just shooting him

Are you using the fists?
>>
>>343339146
Yeah, I've got him down to about 75% HP before just using the grenade launcher, but then his attacks get too frenetic for me. Also no, still using Alastor for ground enemies
>>
>>343339561
I beat him with the fists since I didn't figure out how to switch them out until after I beat him but they worked out really well for me, something that helped me a lot not even in just the boss fights is to use the devil trigger at any chance you get, the health regain is great and it honestly doesn't even take that long to build up, and for some reason I was only saving it for really special moments, when really it's probably best to use that shit like a cheap whore
>>
Griffons projectiles are usually aimed directly at you. Jump over the first shot and the other one will fly right over you as you fall. Roll through his scissor beams from a certain distance and shoot him. Double jump when he flys towards you carpet bombing and jump off of his body so that you'll travel safely over him. Whenever he gets close on the ground dodge or jump out of the way of his attacks and hit him with you sword, this will cause him to get stunned faster so that he'll fall down and you're free to rain bullets or sword strokes on him. Aside from all of that, git gud. He's the first real challenge of the game, and he's absolutely dangerous in his later fights.

>>343339561
I hope you aren't trying to dodge his projectile attacks at close range. You should generally try to keep distance between him and yourself, even in later fights. BTW the grenadegun will kill him the fastest if you roll to cancel the cooldown, but ebony and ivory will stun him faster.

>>343338976
If you can do the two upward slashes and the million stab you've got alastors combos figured out. Some of the smaller enemies have weak points that you can critical hit. The basic ghost dudes can be taken out instantly with one well placed jumping attack. If you knock the lizards onto their back and hit them with a jumping attack you can kill them instantly.
>>
>>343340120
Actually wait, what was I even thinking. You don't kill the ghosts with jumping attacks unless they're the ones that lock you in a cage. You cut their weapon as they swing to parry it, then you blast them with the shotgun for an instant kill.
>>
>>343339561
use kamehameha move with Ifrit
>>
fuck griffon , fuck this clunky game. Just skip and play devil may cry 2/3/4.
If you really want to persist, get good with holy water.
>>
>>343340580
scrub detected
>>
>>343340580
>Just skip and play devil may cry 2
we lad
>>
>>343340120
Thanks for the advice anon. It's just hard for me to ascertain where the Griffin's lasers are. They're way farther than they look sometimes which always messes me up.
>>
>>343341125
At least devil may cry 2 was "fun" to play through. And Trish as a bonus character was awesome.
Devil may cry 1 was just a grind, a chore.
>>
>>343341559
trish plays exactly like DMC1 but with less guns

you'd know that if you played it for more then 10 minutes
>>
>>343340120
>If you can do the two upward slashes and the million stab you've got alastors combos figured out.
i shouldn't have played ninja gaiden before this. it spoiled me and now dmc just isn't fun
>>
>>343341913
NG and DMC are completely different beasts so it make sense if you dislike one and like another
>>
File: 1467300354800.jpg (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1467300354800.jpg
11 KB, 320x320
>>343340120
>tfw played the game wihout using the shotgun
Because i didn't wreck that fucking thing on Mission
>Found out about this shotgun in the mission 18
Am i scrub if i used the shogun?
It is even useful? More games that often use this kind of weapon, they are either weak as fuck or Op as fuck.
>>
File: 62050764.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
62050764.png
361 KB, 858x725
>Griffin is at 10% health, lowest I've ever reached in this fight
>He backs me up into a wall
>Camera angle changes quickly and I walk back into the courtyard where I got Ifrit
>Go back to the boss fight
>Griffin has all his HP recovered
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
>>
>>343341338
You don't have to judge where the lasers are, just jump as soon as they're released. They don't change direction in mid air, but he can adjust his aim before he actually releases it.
>>343342358
The shotgun is the most useful weapon without question. You can juggle the dolls infinitely by jump canceling, if you shoot a lizard with it from behind it will knock them into a "please fuck me hard" position and you can critical hit them, it tears up ghosts and floating skulls like it's nothing, it burns through the shadow defenses like it's nothing, it's fairly useful against frosts too. Against bosses the pistols and the grenadegun are basically always better choices.
>>
>Still stuck on the Nelo Angelo fight

Any suggestions?
>>
File: 1459914763188.jpg (88 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1459914763188.jpg
88 KB, 900x600
>>343343569
Well I guess it's fine because I got him immediately after, but damn nigga.
>>
Playing DMC1 AFTER playing DMC3 and 4 is a complete other world. You'll be caught off guard by how much weaker Dante is than in his future titles.
>>
>>343339561
Devil Trigger and handguns boy. also when hes grounded, jump slashing helps. Ifrit a best
>>
>>343343823
The first fight with him? Cut him with the four hit combo and do a short jump straight up out of the 4th hit and finish the combo with a helm breaker for optimal damage. A full jump will be too slow, you won't land the finisher. Don't bother trying to parry his attacks with your own, just jump over them and hit him with a helm breaker. When he blocks either jump over him and hit him in the back of the head with a helm breaker, or keep hitting his guard with normal attacks, then short jump over his counterattack and hit him with a helm breaker. I'm not sure if he has the uppercut in the first fight, but whenever he gets it don't try to jump straight up over all his attacks. On DMD he can literally kill you with a 2-hit unescapable combo if you get his by his uppercut. When you're running towards him to slash him, don't slash until you're ABSOLUTELY sure you'll actually hit, you do not want to get hit by his counter-uppercut. When he charges fireballs either run in and hit him before he can fire it, or wait for him to shoot, jump over it at the same moment he fires it, and either hit him with a helm breaker, or just land near him and lay into him with an optimal combo. I don't remember but I think it might be possible to knock him out of his guard with a DTed high time? Don't count on that though, I'm probably wrong. In most cases it's safer to jump out of the way of his sword attacks but rolling works too. Just whichever you're comfortable with. I really don't remember this fight too well so you'll have to figure out the rest on your own. Don't bother shooting him by the way, no even with fireballs. However hitting him with the shotgun in midair before you use the helm breaker might net you a tiny bit of extra damage, but I'm not sure if that doesn't just cause him to block. If I remember right you can hit him out of most of his attacks, but he has one with super armor. Jump straight up to avoid it and land close to him.
>>
>>343343823
Which, the first time you see him or after Ifrit? Because Ifrit wrecks his shit. If its the first time be sure to sword clash with him it helps a lot to keep on the pressure.

If the second or third, charge an ifrit as soon as he starts blocking. The rest will become clear.
>>
>>343340580
Please stop playing my franchise you fucking casual pile of filth.
>>
>>343344808
Also you can actually roll or short jump behind him when he guards and hit him with a full combo, but the timing is tight. To do that you hit him with a combo that DOESN'T end in a finisher, because he's likely to counterattack after the finisher, possibly even with his superarmor attack.
>>
I just used that weird Omega gun that uses the DT gauge to be shot.

A single shot can bounce around everywhere, and even reduce his life bar in half if you are lucky.
>>
>>343345325
Do you mean Nightmare Beta? I still dont understand how the shots do damage.. and I'm on Legendary Battle at the moment.
>>
File: 1406755070588.jpg (29 KB, 274x385) Image search: [Google]
1406755070588.jpg
29 KB, 274x385
>>343344428
This is about to me because I had no 360/PS3 access for the longest time. I opted to avoid style switching in 3 with the mod to keep the intended level of difficulty, but this will be something else entirely. I might just stomach 2 beforehand to make playing 1 feel even that much better.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.