[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Back in the ps1 days literally everyone who owned a ps1 was playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Cloud_Strife.png (89 KB, 289x344) Image search: [Google]
Cloud_Strife.png
89 KB, 289x344
Back in the ps1 days literally everyone who owned a ps1 was playing FF7.
When did normies stop playing Final Fantasy?
Or was it only autistic faggots who owned a ps1 to begin with?
>>
>>343327483
JRPGS fell out after the 6th gen.

FF13 didn't help matters at all
>>
>>343327483
>When did normies stop playing Final Fantasy?
After 7
>>
Normies stopped playing Japanese games in general around the early-mid 2000s.
>>
>>343327483

After FFX there was such a big gap between mainline Final Fantasy games that the industry changed enough where JRPGs started to become a niche genre. IMO by the time the 360/PS3 era came along, the idea of video games and RPGs kind of changed in the mind of the average normie gamer which made them less interested in JRPGs. Plus FFXIII sucked, which was kind of the final nail in the coffin.

Square seems to be really banking on FFXV to win people back.
>>
>>343327483
The normies of the past stopped being normies.
>>
>>343327483
ff8 didn't get marketed nearly as much and ff9 was considered gay.
casuals came back for ffx.
>>
>>343332594
this

norm's changed man

it used to be cool to be a weirdo
>>
When FF went bad.

So 8.

>But 9...
I know, but to do a 180 like that damages a series (see: Star Fox Command and Zero).
>>
I never met a single person who did, most people I knew mostly played fighting games, metal slug, resident evil, etc
>>
>>343333858
i also agree with this

FF7 only became norm post 2010, it was never really mainstream or norm

What really fucked me up was when niggers are featured to have been fans of the game

That shit tripped me up homie. Niggers don't know games
>>
>>343327483
why do you make stupid fucking garabge threads like these? does it cross your mind that often?
>>
>>343336426
he has autism
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.