[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monster Hunter Generations Demo thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: Monster-Hunter-X-Demo.jpg (118 KB, 575x322) Image search: [Google]
Monster-Hunter-X-Demo.jpg
118 KB, 575x322
It's me /v/, Player 4. I'm sorry for interrupting your attack. Please forgive me.
>>
How many boss monsters in this anyway? Dunno if I want to go out and get it if an Ultimate might come out later. I like Monster Hunter but only really care to get them if there's a lot of content there comparable to 3U or 4U ya know?

Black Diablos hammer armor still in?
>>
I'm not sure if Diablos is present for this one. There's a handful of other monsters and new sort of 'epic versions' of older ones. Like Dreadqueen and Dreadking Rathalos/Rathian.

On the bright side, Ludroth, Lagi, Uragann and Jho are all back as regular monsters.
>>
Why the hell is adept lance/gunlance perfect guard so fucking hard to pull off compared to every dodge weapon's perfect dodge? Especially since the lance/gunlance striker styles are still clocking in miles ahead of the other lance/gunlance styles in hunting times meaning the damage output of perfectly timed adept attacks isn't worth it? Does a perfect guard allow you to block anything you couldn't already without taking chip damage?
>>
>>343325628
Nothing I could test that on in the demo, perhaps some anon who played mhx could say if they could just guard an akantor roar or whatever

I don't think the timing is too strict, my main problem with it is that both the gunlance and lance have quite slow and punishable moves that can't be quickly linked into a guard, unlike most other weapons being linked into a dodge or sidestep

this makes just guarding to get yourself out of trouble a lot more difficult
>>
>>343325628
It's called a perfect guard for a reason you dip. You can do a completely perfect guard without any guard skills, which frees up slot for other attack skills. It's not at all hard to pull off as long as you're not a complete shitter.
>>
>>343326514
just as perfect dodges replace evasion+3? what the fuck is your point here, he was comparing dodges to guards
>>
>>343326702
You just spelled it out completely. It's called "perfect" because it allows you to dodge/block attacks PERFECTLY without any dodge/block skills. Is that so hard to comprehend?
>>
>>343325628
While I played the jap version I was able to perfect guard fairly frequently. It's just a matter of timing the shield to be out and facing just as the attack hits. Not too fast, not too slow, just practice. Easiest monster in the demo to do it on is probably Maccau
>>
File: _.jpg (30 KB, 384x287) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
30 KB, 384x287
>>343322908
71 large monsters. Minus 12 "variants" and gold/silver they're all unique to each other though [no subspecies].

Despite going only to HR it's got content for days. Endgame gets to G rank feeling with the Ferocious monsters and the variant monster quests.

Only thing is it makes it HORRIFICALLY slow to start. There's hundreds of gathering/shitmon quests and everything is unlocked by doing shit so you have to do them to unlock the better shit.
>>
>>343326925
he isn't debating literally any of that, he's claiming perfect dodges are far easier than perfect guards, something you completely missed out on despite being in the first sentence
>>
Man, I fucking love Aerial Greatsword style. Being able to full charge before you land is amazing.

Can anyone who played the jap version confirm if the damage is the same or comparable to ground GS?
>>
>>343327191
And that isn't even the point I'm answering for him.

>Does a perfect guard allow you to block anything you couldn't already without taking chip damage?

This is
>>
>>343327261
I believe it does like 70 motion value at full charge compared to a ground charges 130 or so
>>
File: 1457578445305.jpg (255 KB, 1414x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457578445305.jpg
255 KB, 1414x1000
>>343327337
Oh well, the mobility is still really fun and probably a lot safer against some monsters. I love just hopping all over the fuck and knocking tall monsties flat.
>>
>>343324218
Neither 'blos are in. Feels weird having a desert map without them.
>>
>>343327543
Just checked, it's 75 aerial and 120 on the ground

given the charge is near instant for the aerial I think that's a fair tradeoff
>>
How is lance doing this time around? I am between lance long sword or switch axe this time around
>>
>>343327086
>Only thing is it makes it HORRIFICALLY slow to start.
Wait a second, it is slow to start like any MH game or slow to start even for a MH game?
>>
>>343327337
>>343327668
This is probably a dumb question but can you explain to a shitter what motion values are exactly? I see talk of them a lot but I just wanna hit things till they die. Are they like a modifier for certain attacks or whatever?
>>
>>343327679
Striker Lance is unbelievably godly. It holds a lot of the highest speedrun times. All because the Lance charge finisher in striker does 70 MV, and it can be combo'd more easily with side hops/thrusts/MORE LANCE CHARGE. You basically just spam the lance charge finisher all day.
>>
>>343327827
Motion values * your weapon attack * zone on the monster you hit = damage you actually deal

motion values are the number used to represent the relative strength of attacks on a weapon
>>
>>343327812
From my experience its taken the longest time to to hit its stride and get to the good stuff/
It always takes a bit in these games but it felt like with 4U they at least tried to make the introduction engaging and got you to the lower tier monsters relatively quickly.
Whereas MHX has a fuckton of quests period, but also just kinda dumps you in like "here have fun gathering for six hours."
The actual tutorial quests are optional this time around but you still have to wade through quite a bit of boring to get to the good stuff. Also kinda sucks that for whatever reason money is incredibly tight this time around, combined that with the new upgrade system you'll probably find yourself farming for money more often than anything else.
>>
>>343328228
Maybe that's why they have all of those gather quests? Kinda teach the newbies how to make cash dollars because they'll be too shit to fight anything without good weapons?
>>
>>343327812
I can't vouch for the guild, but when I played the village every single rank threw a fuckton of monsters at me, and it always felt like a varied experience, and gathering wasn't much of a focus
>>
File: 1429248956229.jpg (147 KB, 400x358) Image search: [Google]
1429248956229.jpg
147 KB, 400x358
>>343328418
Hm. I never really thought about it like that. Good point.

I think its really moreso because Gen is an anniversry title, so most of the emphasis is on the new styles and new/returning monsters and locales and stuff. Having played X I wouldn't really reccommend it to brand new players, rather 4U does a much better job of teraching the ropes.

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, nothin wrong with just wanting gameplay and stuff
>>
>>343328849
I love the new varied gameplay, I'm sure jap players and importers have already tiered things based on damage. But having the option to bushido dodge or air hop for difficult fights. Or burst the shit out of something with striker style is a lot of fun. I don't know all the moveset differences yet, but it seems like some styles focus more on the parts I enjoyed of some weapons Like this
>>343327920
I've always loved lance charges.
>>
I'm digging the fancied up visual effects.
>GS overhead attack smacks dirt out of the ground
>>
File: 1438071406592.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1438071406592.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>343329284
Oh no I feel you. Artes are kinda hit or miss but I wholly agree that styles are welcome addition.

Maybe I was just burned out from a lot of 4U and not knowing a lick of japanese and it took me a while to really get into X even with the new stuff. My biggest gripes seem to just be with the overall presentation but that's such a non-issue in the grand scheme of things I feel like a shitter complaining about it.
>>
>>343322498
How do I charge up my shield with CB? I can't figure it out guys. It says something about doing an elem up round slash, but nothing about how to do that.

Currently using Striker if that matters.

I could do without all the flashing regular attacks, but otherwise this is really fun.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.