[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Zelda game pre-BotW has the best overworld and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: say what.jpg (40 KB, 400x342) Image search: [Google]
say what.jpg
40 KB, 400x342
Which Zelda game pre-BotW has the best overworld and why?
>>
File: GASP.gif (467 KB, 500x583) Image search: [Google]
GASP.gif
467 KB, 500x583
>>343319982
Wind Waker because it felt bigger than the rest and had "seemingly" more reason to revisit islands later.
>>
Ocarina of Time because it changes when you go to the future. That makes it interesting.

I've been waiting 18 years for another game to do that. Not one has delivered.

Admittedly, Termina is OK. I like how different enemies appear on different days/night in the Swamp and Snowhead so you're always on your toes if you waited until Day 2 or 3 because of sidequests, to do something that you'd normally do on Day 1.
>>
>>343321409
Wind waker is 95% water

what are you talking about
>>
>>343321409
<3 gerard
>>
>>343319982

Zelda 2

Top down overworlds are tedious as fuck to traverse because there's roadblocks on every screen.

3D overworlds are tedious because they're too big and often featureless.
>>
I actually love Twilight Princess overworld, but there's no enough ways to play in it. Even Ocarina had the Big Poe quest
>>
File: 37603131.jpg (182 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
37603131.jpg
182 KB, 900x1200
>>343319982
Link to the Past, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess

Honorable mention to Spirit Tracks for the best overworld theme
>>
File: VOGUE.gif (483 KB, 500x542) Image search: [Google]
VOGUE.gif
483 KB, 500x542
>>343321846
Are you illiterate or what fucking retard

>>343322338
Same the nigga a cute <3
>>
>>343323025
zelda 2 overworld is literally top down moron
>>
Twilight Princess feels the most vast but it's also mostly empty.

I dunno, I guess OoT had the most comfy overworld.
>>
>>343323478

Great job at pointing out the obvious.

It's different to other top down Zeldas
>>
>>343324000
In OoT there's always something to see. Go to the woods and look at the trees. Maybe the next time you're there, the tree has withered or isn't there anymore. But all you know is that something is different, because the last time you were in the past or in the future.

TP doesn't have that dynamic. So it feels more boring.
>>
ALttP or ALBW are the best by far. Densely packed and varied environments.

Special mentions go to Wind Waker for being the most unique and not as empty as Skyward, but could've been bigger.

Another special mention to AoL for being huge and having several towns, but the overworld was not explorable, just a vehicle to drop you in levels.

Skyward has cool shit but misses it's potential. I do like the land areas being mini dungeons though, just wish the floating islands were much bigger and had more unique things on them.

Twilight Princess had a nice giant one, could used a couple more towns.
>>
I really hate the LttP/LBW overworld. It feels so tiny and it's always inconvenient to reach where you want to go from the place you are because the castle in the middle
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.