[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i make friends on steam? i've been playing for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 2849647-6803049559-27465.png (153 KB, 3050x2233) Image search: [Google]
2849647-6803049559-27465.png
153 KB, 3050x2233
how do i make friends on steam? i've been playing for a year and i only have one friend.
>>
Talk more. Commit more. Be the guy who goes an extra mile.
>>
Be good at video games.
>>
>>343308309
be an erp fag.
>>
Be more interesting or good at games
>>
File: Cebruz.jpg (56 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
Cebruz.jpg
56 KB, 1080x810
Shitposting
>>
Engage in the community more. It's not hard. Every single game has its own forum, it's own group chat, etc. There are thousands of custom groups. Most Steam games let you send friend requests to people you play with online, in-game too.

Steam users are way too self conscious. Like scarily so. You don't have to be perfect to be liked.
>>
>>343308309
What's your steam?
>>
>>343308309
Word: Gaylord
>>
>>343309782
most of the online games i play have pretty cancerous communities though.
>>
>>343308356
Solid advice
>>
>>343308356
>>343308443
>>343309782
>>343309971
>>343311158

What the fuck is it with people who add random faggots off Steam? What's the point? The only people I've got are people I know IRL

>oooh lookie i just added some fag with an anime profile picture and mild autism but he's level 80, ebin intetwebz friends! XD

What's the point?
>>
File: Friendship.jpg (5 KB, 232x217) Image search: [Google]
Friendship.jpg
5 KB, 232x217
>>343312694
Probably don't know people who play games or they don't play the same games as him
>>
>>343308309
Trading gets you friend list full
Friendship may vary
>>
>>343312694
Anyone that remotely interests you can be a potential friend. It doesn't hurt to just add people. If the first 1-3 conversations go nowhere just remove them.
>>
>>343313739
>1-3 conversations
>been added countless times but not even 0.5 conversation has taken place
>>
>>343308309
depends on the games you play, its soooo much easier to make actual friends in an mmo than shooters for example.
>>
what are some good games where I can make friends?

only been playing autismal strategy and spreadsheet sims and i'm lonely
>>
I usually chat with people before I add them.
Usually asking a question of some sort helps getting the convo going.

Aside from that, most of my friends or people I have met in real life.
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kawaiianimeshoujo
add me up losers
>>
>>343313964
Yeah there's a lot of that too. There is no point when they do that.
>>
>someone adds you
>accept the request because why not
>never talks to you
>>
You know you probably have problems with a game? You go on the forums and post about them. You say "but guys, this battleborn game is dying, why are you comparing a dead game to a active game?" and you add whoever agrees with you or thinks you're funny. Then you build your friendship, talk about stuff that you care, and dismiss stuff the other one does.
>>
File: 1466359557950.jpg (13 KB, 421x261) Image search: [Google]
1466359557950.jpg
13 KB, 421x261
>>343314758
This is so mystical. They add you, then they just stay silent. They never want to play anything or invite you to play anything, but they still saw the need to add you. If you try to talk to them, they sperg out after you exchange "hellos".
>>
>>343314431
you have colossal autism
>>
>>343315128
add me up loser
>>
>>343308309
>play any MP game
>use voice chat
>dont be a dick
>add people that seem like decent human beans
>ask them if you can join there party for the night
>play decent and be friendly/funny
>play with them from time to time
>>
>>343315323
can you recommend any good MP games with voice chat?
>>
>>343312694
>he has never played a competitive game

my friendslist is full of good CSGO players because all my friends suck at the game.
>>
>>343308405
This. I used to be the best fucking skill surfer and ZE player on css back in the day, and i got friend requests all the time.
>>
>>343315428
>tfw I'm the friend that has been abandonned because I fucking suck at every game

All my "friends" only play csgo and dota, fuck this. I'd rather not know they exist outside of the real world, because they instantly turn into fucking cancer when they play those games.
>>
>>343315380
almost every MP game has voice chat. which genre ? I mean the easiest way to get friends would probably be to start some MMO or sth and join a clan. or you start playing CSGO and play ranked or find a team.

many ways to do it actually, you dont even need ingame voice chat. If you have a really good match in a fighting game or whatever just add them in steam and ask them for a rematch or sth. and then maybe ask them if they have a headset and want to join TS/Discord to talk while playing because you are too lazy to write all the time.

so which genre do you like ?
>>
Find an indie niche community. If they're small, they might be much more open to newer people in order to expand the community. Ending up making tons of friends I actually talked to on Steam and on a teamspeak channel by joining such a community. Hell, eventually met up with a steam/teamspeak friend for some beers once I found out he lived in the same county as I did. Strangely enough, became friends with my first female friend through the same community. She's pretty eccentric like competitively playing Verdict Day with nothing but laser blades and ALL the jamming to fuck up people's targeting.
>>
Steam should really have an "Interests" section on each profile where you can add any tag you want and then find others by tag or by who shares the most tags with you. Not sure why they don't have this already. It would be cool to find people who play similar games, like similar movies, read similar books, etc.

I would post it on the suggestions board but do they even pay attention to that?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.