[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did this die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
File: splat.jpg (21 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
splat.jpg
21 KB, 310x163
why did this die?
>>
because it released on a failure of a console
>>
It was alive at one point?
>>
>>343304137
Still selling in Japan like hotcakes after 1 year.
Western shooters don't want color, they want mechanics and weapon skins that can be used to bet with.
>>
Its still pretty active, what do you mean?
>>
It has outsold every ps4 exclusive
>>
Only on /v/ would they wonder why shooting game so casual that the objective is to hit the floor died.
>>
File: mfw weebs.jpg (13 KB, 264x242) Image search: [Google]
mfw weebs.jpg
13 KB, 264x242
>>343304469
alright

enjoy your "shooter"
>>
I got bored. Ragequit from a ranked game sometime last year and just never went back.
>>
>>343304469
>Nintoddlers dismiss "Game mechanics" with the same disdain as "cosmetic weapon skins"

lol no wonder your games are so shallow
>>
Cause we're adults now
>>
But it never did?
>>
>>343304137
Given its sales and the fact that it had mechanical depth, it shouldn't have. However, some idiot out there fucked it with a few things.

Barring THREE modes behind ranked and only having ONE playable at a time. If you want to play the more fun modes any time you want you need to find 7 friends to put aside time for you.

Two map rotation every four fucking hours. If you're going to do map rotation that limited, it should be switching every twenty god damn minutes.

I love Splatoon, but these critical mistakes made sure that only Japs would be playing it a year later. I wouldn't say it's dead, but it's inactive enough for them to stop Splatfest before the NX is even officially shown off.
>>
>>343304137
Nintendo fans gloat and shitpost, they rarely play games, they just enjoy the idea of them. They are only willing to play things if its under Nintendo's supervision.
>>
The game didnt die
The Wii U did
>>
>>343304540
BUT SONY!
>>
But it never did. It sold over 4 million copies.
>>
because people don't want to play the same two maps for four hours at a time.
>>
>>343304137
The bigger question is why was this made? It's just a shooter wanna be. There's already enough real shooters out there, we don't really need baby's first shooter. Nintendo should just quit already. Or fire Miyamoto. Whichever.
>>
you literally ask this every week, even before it came out

sorry, not everything's the tortanic
>>
>get one shot by a laggy kraken
>get one shot by a jumping roller
splatoon was fun at launch and a couple months after, but now its just infuriating
>>
Isn't there going to be a final splat fest pretty soon? Is that not what OP is referring to?
>>
It didn't. It still has a very active multiplayer community.
>>
Where's the bag of dicks OP?
>>
>>343304137
>remember when people thought that this would be GOTY?
>remember when people shilled it into oblivion?
>remember when people thought this would save nintendo?
>remember when people thought this would live for more than a year?

Holy fuck nintendrones are pathetic. Fucking kek.
>>
File: 1467085296566.png (447 KB, 601x493) Image search: [Google]
1467085296566.png
447 KB, 601x493
>>343305594
>we don't really need baby's first shooter
Yet we got Overwatch, and look how popular that is.
>>
>>343305594
>we don't really need baby's first shooter
I dunno, Overwatch is pretty popular.
>>
>>343304540

That's what happens when a console only has 1 game "worth" getting in a whole year.
>>
>>343306095
But overwatch is on the systems people play actually play on. Splatoon is not.
>>
>>343306014
I don't remember people saying Splatoon would be GOTY, but it was still ultimately a successful new IP (from Nintendo, of all companies). For the first new IP in 14 years, it did very well, not least because of all the promotion it got.
>>
>>343306014
still eating crow and dicks huh
>>
>>343306095
To be fair, both Splatoon and Overwatch are new IPs after a long drought that both did extremely well for themselves.
>Splatoon is Nintendo's first new IP in 14 years
>Overwatch is Blizzard's first new IP in 17 years
>>
>>343304137
>Wii U game
Yeah, I wonder why.
>>
>>343304469
>Western shooters don't want color
>most successful FPS of this year is a blizzard game filled with cartoons for babies and manchildren
>>
>>343306353
Nintendo is slowly drowning in your sea of tears. You might wanna buy some amiibos to keep them alive, instead of shitposting like a salty weeb.
>>
>>343306202
Splatoon sold over 4 million copies. I would call that a success. To the point where Nintendo is now considering it one of their flagship titles.
>>
>>343306575
No wonder why it's one of their flagship titles when there are like 5 good games on the system.
>>
>>343306535
Not him but damn you're mad as fuck
>>
>>343306774
>Dat Goalpost moving.
>>
>>343306774
3 more than the competition combined
>>
It's flawed, but not dead. The community is still quite active. I imagine there's a thread over at /vg/ plus r/Splatoon for more stuff
>>
>>343306836
Why should I be mad? I'm on the best system there is, the Personal Computer. I don't have to worry about anything ;^)
>>
>>343306883
4 million sold isn't an achievement considering how many copies shitty games like TLoU sold, which was also a fresh title. Nintendo is dying.
>>
>>343305594
Except it has more mechanical depth and is significantly harder than pretty much any console shooter out there.

Plus it has the advantage of motion controls... I didn't believe it either, but it is currently the only way (short of weird mouse mods) to get 1 to 1 correspondence between controls and aiming on a console. It's far better than an analog stick.
>>
>>343306929
And yet the competition thrives and nintendo does not. Fantastic.
>>
>>343307165
I would kill for Splatoon on my Intel 8086-compatible system.

Seriously though, it would be an e-sport if it had better servers, a higher tick rate, and mouse support.
>>
>>343307317
4 million copies of a new IP sold is an achievement regardless. Especially with a console with a small install base.
>>
>>343307317
>TLoU is a garbage game
>a game that sold 4M+ was a massive failure especially when that game had a budget of 0
welcome to /v/ everyone
>>
>>343307165
I always figure everyone has a computer in 2016, I don't even register is as a gaming platform of choice anymore, you just have one.
>>
File: Untitled.png (445 KB, 1047x520) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
445 KB, 1047x520
>>343307317
>Nintendo is dying
>>
>>343307404
>implying
Just because sales numbers of their hardware are low does not mean they're even remotely in the red, they're still raking in a profit.

I know /v/ has a hard time understanding that sales and profit are two completely different things, but c'mon anon.
>>
>>343305090
Exactly. I couldn't handle waiting 4 hours or even 8 to play rainmaker, the rotation is shit.
>>
>>343305190
You must have bought a Wii U day one then.
>>
So about this new Splatfest. Does Nintendo realize what they have unleashed here?
>>
>>343308539
what?
>>
Its not dead. I always find people to play with
>>
>>343308689
The next Splatfest is Callie vs Marie. Begun the Waifu Wars have.
>>
Why the hell are people so salty about Splatoon being a success?
>>
>>343304137
Very few multiplayer games have the lasting appeal to stay around for over a year. Plenty of successful titles have died off after a while, and this is one of them.
>>
>>343309501
Its not dead yet. Probably won't be until the NX fully launches.
>>
File: lol.jpg (387 KB, 1350x1000) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
387 KB, 1350x1000
>>343309257
Why do you think? People are still butthurt at how BTFO they were.
>>
I played the shit out of it for like 2 or 3 weeks - unlocked everything single and multiplayer - best gear - so then I put it down.
>>
>>343310208
>best gear
No such thing as it really depends on your weapon and a little on preference. You're full of shit.
>>
>>343309870
In fairness. It does have an 80 on metacritic.
>>
>>343305090
This is what bores me the most about it. It's too limited and you can't play the shit you want when you want. I also hate random skills on gear. You pretty much have to savescum if you want anything decent but I don't have the patience to play the lottery with it.
>>
>>343304352
it sold more than twice the amount of bloodborne

over 4 million
>>
>>343310564
Early scores were low due to a lack of content, but later scores are much higher.
>>
I can get a match in 5 seconds

Not even nearly dead
>>
>>343311459
Shut the fuck up, it's dead because we say so, nintendo is finished enjoy your baby simulator with forced motion gimmick made for pedophiles that couldn'y even outsell Final Fantasy games on a dead console only toddlers own so they can say they play games get a real shooter like Ultima or TF2.
>>
>>343306174
then why did bloodborne sell so poorly?
>>
>>343311898
Sales don't matter, Bloofbourse is better than Shitoon, deal with it.
>>
>>343312121
>30FPS action game with frame drops
no thanks
>>
>>343312121
The fuck is Bloofbourse
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.