[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>le Xbox was never good and is ded xDD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
-made a god tier controller unmatched to this day
-made a very social, user friendly system unlike anything seen on consoles or PC in the 2000s. Gaben had to wait for 2003 to make a rival platform after leaving Microsoft where he stole his ideas from.
-made multiplayer mainstream. Something Sony had to wait 6 years to respond to.
-literally mainstreamed esports outside of basement Quake lan parties
-created the idea and market for small games or 'indies' and supported them
-matured the meaning of 'gamer' with games that tried a more intuitive, artistic and streamlined approach. Their version of gamer was not a toddler or basement dweller but a hip, confident guy who has other tastes outside of gaming and has probably gotten laid.
-offered the ability for music while you play - a once PC exclusive feature

this gen
>even more godtier controller
>near silent system even under load
>best multitasking on consoles
>free cloud storage for game saves
>backcompac games constantly added
>constantly evolving their systems thru user feedback
>play on any w10 device
>bluetooth controller for pc
>4k gaming
>VR?
>>
>>343303137
Xbox > Xbox 360 > Xbone > PC

You'd think Scorpio had a place in the evolution list, but the company's so dumb the best experience will be via digital platform on the hardware that created the game in the first place.

>Microsoft killed its own next gen console, the thread.
>>
>>343303137
OG Xbox was great. 360 was good too up until around 2010 when all the exclusives started going to PS3.
>>
I'm considering getting the Xbox one, but I need to know if it still spies on you.
>>
>>343304271
me 2 and bioshock sold twice as less than on 360
>>
>>343304498
What?
>>
>>343304723
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/28815/mass-effect-2/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/46825/mass-effect-2/
>>
>>343304723
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7023/bioshock/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/22192/bioshock/
>>
File: cp.jpg (20 KB, 349x250) Image search: [Google]
cp.jpg
20 KB, 349x250
>>343303137
for every good thing you listed you could list three times as much shitty things they pulled off or really tried to pull of but couldn't get away with it

xbox is more of a cancer of the industry than a saviour of it
>>
>>343305087
Every console is. As long as exclusives exist it will be a tumor on gaming as a whole.
>>
>>343305321
exclusives are not cancer
most of them are funded by the companies that are making them their exclusives
most of the exclusive games wouldn't exist if they werent exclusives in the first place
>>
>>343303137
really shilling hard today huh?
>>
>>343303137
>-matured the meaning of 'gamer' with games that tried a more intuitive, artistic and streamlined approach. Their version of gamer was not a toddler or basement dweller but a hip, confident guy who has other tastes outside of gaming and has probably gotten laid.

the PS1 already did that
>>
>>343306674
>with nintendo clones and lackluster offline racing sims
right
>>
>>343304404
It does not. You don't even need to own a kinect anymore
>>
>>343309029
yeah FF7 and MGS are my favorite racing sims
>>
>>343305003
>>343304843
>vg "Bayo2 sold a million, yet no other official source or site says it did" chartz
>>
File: disgust.png (410 KB, 598x460) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
410 KB, 598x460
>>343303137

>30 fps 900p

fuck off
>>
File: 02.jpg (119 KB, 478x332) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
119 KB, 478x332
>>343303137
Bought Xbox 360 when Fable 2 came out, bought some other games aswell but everyone of them disappointed me.
controller feels like brickshit,
after a couple of months the consol broke down on me and wouldnt load from the CDs. im still mad over it, fuck even my Nes, Snes and PS still works to this day

i will NEVER buy an Xbox ever agian
>>
>>343304404
Xbone owner. Unless you have friends with this console or want to play very specific games I wouldn't. The top 6 rated games on the console are (on the platforms own sales page)
1. GTAV
2. FO4
3. Minecraft
4. Witcher 3
5. Rocket league
6. The division

Backwards compatability is a lie so unless the game you want from 360 is already ported don't expect it to ever be Blops 1 was the big after original release port and it took them like 3 months past their planned release for it to get it on here.

This is less true recently but for all of last year they went down at least once a month that is not an exaggeration. Recently it seems that trend has stopped but who knows.

Some redeeming qualities would be if you have friends. Games sharing means you will pay less for games here than anywhere else if you have a buddy willing to go half in with you. The party system is the best out of all the other systems options with the easiest method of streamimg and recording gameplay. You get to ise the xbone controller.
>>
>>343311206
>dat Golden Saucer
>dat Humvee shootout race
They are high tier.
>>
>>343312013
I forgot the xbone games actually tend to go on sale often enough usually for half off or better so sales on xbox are really good. This made me feel a lot better especially after watching the shit show that was this years steam sales.
>>
>>343312154
XBOX sales are rarely bad, and they're definitely above average. The free games are usually good titles too.
>>
File: halo 4 oh boy.jpg (75 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
halo 4 oh boy.jpg
75 KB, 400x600
>>343303137
>-made a god tier controller unmatched to this day
I prefer gamecube
>-made multiplayer mainstream. Something Sony had to wait 6 years to respond to.
not a good thing, picture related.
>-literally mainstreamed esports outside of basement Quake lan parties
Not....really? Starcraft says hi.
>-created the idea and market for small games or 'indies' and supported them
love paying full price for a garbage title with less content than a newgrounds game.
>-matured the meaning of 'gamer'
oh

you're a troll.

Trolling is against the rules anon, enjoy the ban.
>>
>>343311748
Sounds like you treat your consoles like shit. I sold my original 360 to a friend so he could play with us when I upgraded to an elite and he still has it running. I bought it a year after release. Only bad thing about it is how loud it runs now. Maybe I'm just used to quieter consoles nowadays but holy hell that thing is a jet engine
>>
>>343312234
Next months free games are shit but I gotta admit I've pulled some decent shit from free games.
>>
Xbox is literally irrelevant.
If you bought an Xbone you were mugged.
It has no fucking games, it's all PC and multiplats.
>>
>>343312614
Paying 350 bucks for what would be a medium end pc capable of playing all the latest games with the ability to link accounts to share games and get the best deals on the market doesn't sound like mugging to me. Not to mention the surperior online service and controller to the ps4. The xbone is nothing good but you would have to be an idiot to buy a ps4 when you had this as an option. I guarentee I have payed far less for a far larger collection of games than you.
>>
File: 1408303277215.png (111 KB, 287x288) Image search: [Google]
1408303277215.png
111 KB, 287x288
/v/ hates Xbox because they're a bunch of social outcasts. It's funny how people here own nothing but multiplats for Playstation yet somehow think it's any different.

>>343312336
>enjoy the ban

lol this isn't Neogaf, faggot. Get the fuck back there, your bull is about to finish and he needs to get paid.
>>
>>343312348
Quite the contuary, both the consols and games are handled with outmost care

just one day the Box would stop loading the game that i was playing and not load anything
>>
>>343313056
Weird. The only issue I had amongst my friends was one of them got the RROD but xbox warranty covered it so he was back to playing games within 2 weeks.
>>
>The shilling is real
Holy shit, Xfags, have you finally twigged that your E3 sucked and you're eating shit on the bottom of the food chain?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.