[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why exactly do we hate this game again? Does /v/ just make you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: download (1).jpg (10 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10 KB, 189x267
Why exactly do we hate this game again?

Does /v/ just make you start hating games on the principal of hating games? I was about to sell this remembering nothing but bad things, but I decided to sit down and play it again before final judgement, and I forgot how much fucking fun it is.

>Combat is actually strategic sword play and not mashing A
>Dungeons are 5 star puzzles and actually fun
>Boss fights are fun
>Visuals are really pretty and the sky is fun to explore.
>Music score is 10/10
>Minigames like the MGS sneaking in the bokoblin prison and the Silent Realm
>Tons of great mini sidequests you can do all over the sky and skyloft

It's got its weakpoints sure, and it's by no means the best Zelda game, but the only real cons are that its "Not like previous titles" but its still a fun standalone Zelda nonetheless.
>>
>>343302295
its shit
>>
File: 1465758842418.gif (583 KB, 520x446) Image search: [Google]
1465758842418.gif
583 KB, 520x446
>>343302970
>>
Lurk more years before posting, Summer's heat is strong with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chYgDqWW6ho&ab_channel=GrumpOut
>>
I hate it because it's not enjoyable. It's literally the only Zelda I've dropped and only picked up to finish out of a feeling of obligation, and that happened multiple times with SS for me.
>>
Zelda threads that are guaranteed replies:

1. Why do we hate Skyward Sword?
2. HELP! I'm scared to play Majora's Mask because of the timer and I can't get up.
3. Am I the only one who doesn't like OoT/ALttP?

Sage and report
>>
>>343303068
>An opinion you don't agree with is summer

Why? I've been here since 08. and your logic makes no sense.

>>343303172
So, We can't discuss skyward sword at all now? What the fuck happened?
>>
>>343302295
>we
Nothings stopping you from liking it.
>>
>>343303172
You forgot Egoraptor.

Although, reporting e-celeb threads should be a given.
>>
>>343303209
Jesus Christ, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? I am goddamn shitposter who is baiting for (you)s.
>>
>>343303337
Okay, but why do it in my thread? I'm looking for actual discussion, not "yous" or shitposting.

>>343303218
Yeah but my point is I remember back in 2013 or so /v/ vehemently hated Skyward sword with a passion for no given reason other then it being different.

My point is it seems like overtime peoples views contort and they tart to see things the majority way rather then their own after time. I used to love SS, but hadnt played it for three years, fell into the majority opinion of it being the worst zelda, and then went back to it today and love it again.

Its like a weird cycle. and I think every anon goes through it at some point or another.
>>
It has best zelda but that's about it.
>>
>>343303793
Her nose is weird.
>>
>>343303793
>Forgetting about the Groose
>>
>>343303884
Why yes, it also has best Groose
>>
its an okay game but it deviated too much, and its why we got utter shit like Breath of the Wild, which isnt even remotely like a Zelda game.

Too much deviation is never a good thing, TP was the last good modern Zelda
>>
>>343302295
>>343303581
>the only real cons are that its "Not like previous titles" but its still a fun standalone Zelda nonetheless
>in 2013 or so /v/ vehemently hated Skyward sword with a passion for no given reason other then it being different.
No dude, literally no one hates it because it's just TOO different. If that were the case, why would hype for the upcoming new Zelda be through the roof like it is?
The reality is SS is a culmination of series issues like being way too fucking easy, being way too linear, featuring a mode of transportation that doesn't actually add to core gameplay at all, and subjecting you to excessive handholding.
On top of this, it uses questionable motion controls for way too many things (motion controls for using boss door keys, really?), and enemy combat boils down to swinging in the direction the enemy rhythmically signals you to swing, which feels like simon says and doesn't really get harder over the course of the game beyond punishing swinging the wrong way more heavily.
It's shit.
>>
STOP REPLYING TO THIS THREAD AND BUMPING IT.

LOOK AT THE POSTER COUNT. OP IS THE ONLY ONE STILL IN HERE.

LET IT DIE/HIM GET BANNED.
>>
>>343304629
Actual OP here. I've posted three times all in reply.

>>343302295
>>343303209
>>343303581

I'm pretty sure the other posts are someone who for some reason wants my thread saged, noteably, it could be you since you seem to be making a big stink about it.

Why can't we discuss the game? Is there some forbidden taboo i'm unaware of in the past two years now?
>>
>>343304382

Fucking this.
Like I want to get hyped for BOTW, but I just can't. It's like they took everything that made zelda good and just threw it down the shitter.
>>
>>343302295
>Combat is actually strategic
Stopped reading there. A quick time event is not strategic.
>>
>>343306772
I'm not talking QTEs. I'm talking the way you slash your sword, you physically moving the blade to counter Ghirahim is strategy, its not mashing the A button for results.

Hell it even punishes you, you mess up he takes your sword and throws it at you, its a good learning curve
>>
>>343302295
>Combat is actually strategic sword play and not mashing A

A shame the controls are unresponsible as fuck.

>Dungeons are 5 star puzzles and actually fun

The only good thing about this game.

>Boss fights are fun

Every boss except that golden big "robot" with big as fuck swords were easy and shit. For god's sake we even had the "wait till he opens the mouth and drop a bomb" boss.....AGAIN.

Nope they aren't. The draw distance is shit.

>Music score is 10/10

Opinions. It has good tracks and "meh" tracks.

>Minigames like the MGS sneaking in the bokoblin prison and the Silent Realm

Yeah, I enjoyed that part too.

>Tons of great mini sidequests you can do all over the sky and skyloft

Worst sidequests on the whole 3D Zelda franchise. Fi telling you where to go for everything destroyed the sidequesting (and also the game).

And let's not forget about

>The game has only 3 fucking zones you have to visit at least 3 times each one.

>That fucking "collect the 10 souls" trial.

>No openworld

>Only 1 village to explore

>"Master, the batteries in your Wiimote are nearly depleted"
>>
>>343302295
>the sky is fun to explore
Haha very funny bud
>>
File: Freya_sword.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Freya_sword.webm
3 MB, 800x450
The Wii already had better games with motion-based combat.
>>
>>343303172
You are 100% spot on.

You can't really report that kinda shit, but the best thing to do would be to make a better thread or just sage/ignore it.
>>
>>343307123
>>The game has only 3 fucking zones you have to visit at least 3 times each one.
A logical complaint, but they give you quite a bit to do in each one. Most other Zelda's didnt have that much more when you think about it. TP was restricted to the four provinces too.
>>That fucking "collect the 10 souls" trial.
It wasn't that bad, its just a test of everything you've been through, no worse then WW's triforce hunt.
>>No openworld
Kind of hard to do with the sky as a base, world should have been connected below though.
>>Only 1 village to explore
No different then castle town
>>"Master, the batteries in your Wiimote are nearly depleted"
Annoying, but helpful.
>>
>>343307241
what is this?
>>
>>343307421
>No different then castle town

Maybe you meant Clock Town? And nope. Not even Majora's Mask fell on the "only 1 town". You had the Kokiri's town, the Goron's and the Zora's.
>>
>>343302295
>being told what direction to swing in is "strategic" now
>puzzles designed for 8 year old kids are fun somehow
>wii graphics are good
>"forgot how to make music, here's another song backwards" is good
>fetch quests are entertaining
>>
>>343304382
>Breath of the Wild, which isnt even remotely like a Zelda game.
>I haven't played the first game in a series I know so much about
>>
>>343302295
>sky is fun to explore
Are you serious? Flapping your arm up and down like a retard while finding nothing? That's fun to you?
>>
>>343307983
The first game is a piece of shit. It was revolutionary for a time sure, but theres no reason to play something as archaic and boring as that with ALTTP and Links awakening exist, and OOT capitialized and perfected the formula for 3D titles. and its been that way for decades.

Nobody asked Nintendo to go back and retell LoZ, only the non-zelda fans who latch to zelda as a name to show off gamer cred would care about NES, REAL fans care about OoT and always have

This is just miyamoto going on his "NES WURSH BEST" spree just like how he ruined every mario spinoff by making it bland boring generic SMB3.
>>
>>343302295

I don't play any game that doesn't let me play as a female character.

So fuck nintendo.
>>
>>343302295
>Why exactly do we hate this game again?
Because the game is made of 85% bullshit.
>>
>>343307074
It's shallow the same way a QTE is shallow. Enemy shows you one way to slash and you slash that way. Other items are largely useless in combat because they're so clunky, so the sword is your only option. All your moves are essentially re-angled versions of each other with no differing effects or animations.

Combat in older Zeldas wasn't great either but there was at least something. In OOT and MM at least you have to actually raise/lower the shield depending on what you want the enemy to do and items are actually useful.
>>
>>343308308
>The first game is a piece of shit
Why? What they're taking is the freedom that that game offered in comparison to the later games in the series.
>>
>>343308397
This
>>
>>343302295
>"swing in this direction"
>you swing that way

Wow such strategy
>>
Any fucker here who actually defends the motion controls in this game need to try and get the Hylian shield on hero mode. It really, REALLY brings out all the problems of them. Yeah, they're "okay" when it's just normal mode and you have ways of healing you constantly, but fuck me do the problems shine when you dont have anything of that.

The fucking sad part about it all too is that even NINTENDO knew about the shit controls, that's why they give you 6 hearts to start with.

also want to note the last time i played was just after beating the game and going straight into it again, so all the skill i gained through the game didn't go anywhere or some bullshit like that.

Getting the Hylian shield on hero mode is needlessly frustrating and bat shit impossible because of how bad the motion controls are and how much you need to rely on them.

its seriously making my blood boil right now just thinking about it.
>>
>>343308308
>REAL fans
Wow. Please kill yourself anytime.
>>
>>343303068
whips out a book on "gamefeel"

aaand done.
>>
>>343308719
>he didn't beat the Boss Trials in Hero Mode
I dislike SS too, but that one part was probably the most fun I had with the game. I put some music from my PC and got gud until I managed to beat it.

I don't know how accurate the motion controls are, but I at least never had a problem with them when it came to combat.
>>
>>343308895
Gamefeel as defined by the book is actually a genuine thing, Arin just fucked its reputation forever.
>>
>>343309061
What is that actual genuine thing

this is coming from someone who thinks arin was right but still thinks "gamefeel" is a little vague for a fucking book to be on it
>>
File: 1444056014508s.jpg (3 KB, 118x125) Image search: [Google]
1444056014508s.jpg
3 KB, 118x125
>>343308308
>not wanting free roam
>wanting a linear repetitive "get the item destroy boss" bore fest
>REAL fans
>only caring about Oot
>>
FACT:

Ocarina=Majora's Mask>>Wind Waker>Twilight Princess>>>>Skyward Sword
>>
>Fi reminds you four dungeons in what a boss key and boss door look like

Not even CoD games think this little of the player.
>>
File: 1293995499321.jpg (155 KB, 515x417) Image search: [Google]
1293995499321.jpg
155 KB, 515x417
>>343302295
>Music score is 10/10

I can't agree with this. The sky felt empty (and what is worst, empty while being small), and short of minigames. Also, it wasn't visually shocking, at least for me.

The OST has 11/10 pieces like Ballad of the Goddess and Fi's Theme but the rest was worst than other TLoZ games except for Kolotkos and Ghirahim themes, and the Silent Realm and Bamboo songs.

I'm fine with the rest of your points. The game has received too much undeserved shitty critiques
>>
>>343302295
Most people hate it because it came after TP.
If SS came first, people wouldn't hate it that much.

But it was such a letdown.
>>
File: 1466890647414.png (144 KB, 275x289) Image search: [Google]
1466890647414.png
144 KB, 275x289
>>343308308
>>
>>343302295
Hey buddy, I think most Zelda games are shit indiscriminately not just SS
Also,
>the sky is fun to explore
It was empty as hell and there was hardly anything interesting to see.
>>
>>343302295
>Motion controls shoehorned in to everything
>Fi, although being a nice enough character, appearing too often
>>
>>343302295
>Combat
Revolves around simon says gameplay rather than utilising the 1:1 sword control for anything interesting
>Dungeons
They were alright but got tiring because there wasn't any overworld to break them up. Overworld was just more dungeon without any interesting character or town interactions. Timeshift stones were a neat idea.
>Boss fights
It had one really good one in the giant cistern. Fighting Girahim and the imprisoned multiple times got super old and the game also suffered from bosses becoming weaker enemies you fight later like the big scorpion.
>Visuals
Whatever. They're fine.
>Sky
Sky was boring and had very little to do. Like windwaker's sea but even more barren. It was just an excuse to fly from one mini game island to another. Almost feels like they just wanted to implement some new mode of transport for the hell of it, since it's never really used in the main game for a real purpose.
>Music
Zelda music is always good. Nothing new here.
>Minigames
Everyone hated the silent realm when it was about being wolf link. I didn't mind it there and I don't mind it here but it wasn't that great.
>Tons of great mini sidequests
Tons of time consuming mini fetchquests.

I think this is the only zelda I wouldn't play again.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.