[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LITERALLY the performance of a $400 card for $200 AMD are fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
LITERALLY the performance of a $400 card for $200

AMD are fucking GODS

And when the Doom Vulkan update comes out, it will the 480 will beat the 980 as well!

HOLY SHET
>>
that's impressive
fucking technology man
>>
>>343302191
>LITERALLY the performance of a $400 card for $200
yeah, in the few rare cases where the card actually works, and does not melt itself.

Like with everything ever created, you get what you pay for. I'm personally never fucking ever going back to AMD anymore.
>>
File: 2016-06-29-image-5.png (145 KB, 1100x709) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-29-image-5.png
145 KB, 1100x709
>you get what you pay for
nice catch phrase.

so basically i get the best video card software suite and the best 200$ card ever made if i buy the 480? welp, youve convinced me.
>>
>>343302643
>you get what you pay for
good goy
>>
I have a 144Hrz 1440p Monitor.

I'll be sure to buy a 480. Its so cheap. I mean its totally cheap and good and thats the best I mean what could go wrong?
>>
>>343303375
Learn how to fucking quote people, you retarsed shill.
>>
>>343303375
>AMD created their own MSI Afterburner clone, so it's the best card ever made!
Brilliant logic.
Enjoy your lack of PhysX, driver-included downsampling + FXAA, lack of CUDA cores, and actually working drivers.
>>
>>343303692
MSI Afterburner is amazing though, I use it for temp managing and monitoring, screenshots and even video, shame Radeon can't do the last.
>>
>>343303650
>buying mid tier cards for resolutions above 1080p

Could you be any dumber?
>>
>>343303981
Same here. I also use the RivaTuner that comes with it to sometimes manually limit games' framerate. Super handy if you don't want to use V-sync, or if gaming on a shitty laptop that can't keep steady 60 / would melt otherwise.

tl;dr: AMD is trying to once again re-invent the wheel, and only giving us a hexagon.
>>
>>343303981
why would you use msi afterburner for screenshots and video? theres a million programs that do that. does it have game specific features?
>>
>>343304429
They offer a good enough service, a third party is better yeah, but they improved their own, its logical.
>>343304626
Why not? as I said I use it to manage fans speeds and monitor temp/FPS, why wouldnt I us it for video and screenshots too? I think they look pretty good.
>>
>>343304861
>Why not?
because then youre missing out on crimson which is the most gorgeous program ever made with a million more features and customization than afterburner
>>
File: NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1060.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1060.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1440
>>343302191
The RX 480 failed PCIe specifications and will lose its certification unless the card is gimped
That means sub-970 performance for the price of a 960 (in other words, 960 performance for the price of a 960, but at least it's a "14nm" next-gen GPU, amirite)

Your true king arrives soon
>>
File: Capture.png (125 KB, 365x163) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
125 KB, 365x163
>>343305104
Can Crimson take screenshots and record video as well as monitor my GPU temperature and FPS with a nice looking customizable font?
>>
>>343305581
>The RX 480 failed PCIe specifications and will lose its certification unless the card is gimped
I like this new fud. Thanks Tom's Hardware (tm).
>>
>>343305631
again, why would you give up all these features just for some generic screen shot feature on a program that looks like a basic 90s windows app/skin? but whatever, enjoy your afterburner i guess.
>>
>>343305880
What features? really I want to know, if crimson is better I would use it gladly, but I want to be able to take pics and videos as well as monitoring my temperature and FPS in game, can I do that or not?
>>
>>343306147
no, its not a screen shot program. it does have a million other features youre missing out on though. my personal favorite is the custom profiles per game.
>>
>>343306279
I dont care about custom profiles, I have my fans set to a nice speed curve thats works perfectly, if I'm playing wow it goes slow and if Im playing Witcher it goes fast, why should I use a diferent profile for every game?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.