[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, poorfag here. I love Resident Evil, even the shitty ones.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2
File: Revelations 2 or RE5 Reunited.jpg (207 KB, 687x863) Image search: [Google]
Revelations 2 or RE5 Reunited.jpg
207 KB, 687x863
Hello, poorfag here.

I love Resident Evil, even the shitty ones.

However, I only have enough shekels for one. What's a better waste of my money?

- Resident Evil Revelations 2? Raid mode seems hype.

- Resident Evil 5 HD? Mercenaries Reunited, speaks for itself.
>>
>>343292810
>I only have enough shekels for one.

Get a job you hippie.
>>
>>343293191
I said I was poor, not a hippie. Hippies don't even like Resident Evil.
>>
5 HD, hands down.

Bigger production values, better replay OUT THE ASS, and it was written at the beginning of RE's downfall rather than during freefall

Revelations 2 is generally a shit show and has gone as low as 90% off on more than one occasion.
>>
>>343293305
Raid Mode is amazing though. I wish they expanded on raid mode and made it it's own game.
>>
both games are literally free
>>
>>343293564
You can't pirate this version of 5 because it doesn't exist for PC; it combines Mercenaries and Mercenaries Reunion into one new mode called Mercenaries Reunited.
>>
>>343292810
RE5 for sure. Rev 2 was pretty good but RE5 in HD is just too good.
>>
So two questions for people playing RE5 on ps4:

1. It has Mercenaries No Mercy mode, right? And this is local co-op enabled?

2. I read all characters are unlocked at the start. Did they combine the original Mercenaries characters with the DLC ones (Rebecca, Excella, etc.) into one roster?

Depending on the answer, I might actually have to buy this game again...
>>
>>343297181
bump

Also is the new campaign difficulty local co op?
>>
I liked Revelations 2's campaign better than the recent modern ones, but Raid Mode was disappointing and got stale long before I hit 100 with any one character. You want real variety and a better use of a game's mechanics, pick RE5 HD for its Mercenaries mode.

>>343293305
The 90% off has only ever been on Revelations 2's first episode.
>>
>>343293564
HURR
DURR
>>
does Mercs in RE5 HD have online play? I'm thinking about trying to convince my buddy to get it.
>>
>>343292810
Have you played either anon? If not the RE5. Mercenaries is better though if that is all you care about.
>>
>>343292810
RE5 is a better game with more content. Raid mode in Revelations 2 is cool, but Mercs is objectively better. Stick with the prod. I mean RE5.
>>
Does this re-release run at 1080p 60fps?
>>
>>343301895
>console game
>1080p 60fps
Come on, anon. You know better than that.
>>
>>343301895
RE6 ran at a near locked 60 but for some reason RE5 dips down to ~50 fairly often.
>>
>>343302209
Its really a shame RE6 was such a bad game. They clearly put a lot of work into it to make it run so well, and the Mercenaries mode is fantastic. It's just too bad they didn't realize the campaigns were fucking awful.
>>
>>343302209
>consoles can't even run MT Framework, an engine basically working on black magic, at 1080/60
>>
>>343302360
>RE6
>bad game
luv dis maymay
>>
>>343302468
Sorry that RE6 was your first game, but yeah, it's a cluster fuck of terrible decisions when it comes to the campaign. Even Capcom admits it isn't up to par.
>>
File: next-gen.png (20 KB, 633x241) Image search: [Google]
next-gen.png
20 KB, 633x241
>RE6 PS3 - 74
>RE6 PS4 - 60

I can't stop kekking, I think I might die. So much for PS4, it had a good run but when a terrible game is somehow even worse on it, it's time to pack it in. Hopefully Sony will bow out graciously.
>>
>>343302550
Don't pretend like you know shit. RE6 is far from being a bad game. You know what are "bad games" to me? The hundreds of shovelware games that came out on 80s consoles, tons of early 3D games and movie tie-ins. Those are bad games.

Capcom was ambitious with RE6 and tried a lot of new things, for games in general but particularly for Japanese games. RE.net was a brand new venture for Japanese devs. Intersecting campaigns was a really cool and underappreciated idea. The amount of high production value content it had is crazy and it was fast paced and fun to master. Mercenaries mode is awesome. All around it was a good game.

The RE6 is bad shit really needs to stop. It's so tiring at this point, and makes zero sense. It is so clearly obvious you are heavily influenced by the internet hivemind and you recoil at the sight of anything that is vaguely familiar with blockbuster quality plotlines. This goes for all the RE6 haters, not just you.
>>
>>343303074
RE6 is the poster child for how not to make a video game. It is the very definition of a bad game.
>>
>>343303074
RE4 - fun to play
RE5 - fun to play with a friend
RE6 - fucking not fun to play in any way

Hmm.... Maybe you should stop being a Capcom apologist just because RE6 was your first game.
>>
>>343303237
Being a casual and a hipster at the same time must be hard. Or not, seems like you have a lot of like-mindless people following the internet hate machine with you.
>>
>>343302956
Have you ever considered it has nothing to do with the console and more with how shit the game actually is
>>
>>343303401
oh no, he called me casual! whatever will I do? How will I live being emasculated like this?

Just accept that you have terrible, borderline inhumanly bad taste and let's move on. RE6 is a bad game.
>>
>>343303237
6 had the best gameplay
Deal with it.
>>
get 4 instead you ponce https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wgqf2qkLxk
>>
>>343302468
Not that guy
I'll admit the controls are fucking great and that makes mercenaries a blast but I couldn't even have fun with a friend in any of the campaigns. Level design is awful, enemies are awful, story is awful, characters are ruined, etc. Mercenaries is the only reason to play RE6.
I'm currently replaying RE5 with a friend and it's a lot more fun and mercenaries is still amazing.
>>
>>343303401
>casual hipster internet hate machine
can you pack a few more buzzwords in there?
>>
>>343303568
nah, RE6 handled like a fucking shit covered fleshlight. It also committed a cardinal sin of having unavoidable damage from the stupid trap zombies laying on the ground. Dead Space in 2008 let you shoot enemies on the ground, but RE6 in 2012 that was beyond the scope of what they were capable of. Pathetic.
>>
>>343292810
None of them, save the money for Resident Evil 2 remake o Resident Evil 7, wathever style u like more
>>
>>343303401
>internet hate machine
now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.
>>
>>343303668
Gotta fight fire with fire. I'm dealing with memeing kids here that think a solid 7-8/10 game is bad and that I am somehow the one that started playing games 7th gen.
>>
>>343303765
Is RE2 remake still happening? We haven't heard anything about it in quite some time.

>>343303829
>RE6
>solid 7-8/10
Well my sides are officially in orbit
>>
>>343292810
Revelations 2 is my favorite
>>
>>343303694
>walk over dead body
>trip
>"That's kinda neat"
>entire hallway full of bodies
>TRIP TRIP TRIP TRIP
>"What the fuck is happening"
>friend keeps dropping down on me from top of ladder to make me stumble
>we keep doing this to each other entire game
It was funny but god damn man.
>>
>>343303628
when is RE4 coming to PS4?
>>
>>343304083
the ps4 can't handle it
you'll need to wait for RE4k on the PS4k
>>
>>343304172
oh, alright. Seems kinda shitty to have to buy a new console for it, but well, it's RE4, so I guess it's worth it.
>>
>Resident Evil 5 on PC is still a broken buggy mess
>only way to avoid a bunch of graphical glitches and gameplay breaking flaws is to download user made patches and mods
>still doesn't fix everything
>the GFWL version of the game still works properly and can be downloaded via the "beta" option in Steam
Capcom fucked up the port to Steamworks so bad it's not even funny. It has the missing DLC that was console exclusive but jesus christ, it's a mess.
>>
>>343303665
It's definitely a flawed game. The story is awful, I only liked some parts of Chris's and Jake's campaigns. Some of the level design is pretty bad. Too many QTEs obviously. They also made the deeper mechanics too obscure for people so many played through the game not knowing how to really play.

But if you play with someone who is competent enough the game is still really fun. Some areas are flawed, others are excellent. And I still like RE6 mercenaries over RE5. RE5's was a fucking blast, but RE5's No Mercy pales in comparison to RE6's.
>>
>>343292810
The new ps4 version of RE5 is better than the pc version because they finally made mercs mode into Mercs United where you can play any character from Merc mode 1 or 2.
Also all the pc stuff like No Mercy and decent HD textures.
>>
>>343304380
they need to patch that shit because i just unlocked everything in merc mode and just found out i have to start all over for the reunion content which is absolutely retarded
>>
>>343304380
But does it have local co-op? I want to get it for ps4, but only if the new difficulty / No Mercy mercenaries has local. The PC version didn't which sucked dick.
>>
>>343304278
Don't listen to that chucklefuck, it's out this fall.
>>
>>343304571
why would a console game have local co-op? Nobody plays local anymore, gramps. Maybe you should stick to the Wii, that seems like the kinda thing you're looking for.
>>
>>343292810

Raid mode is not hype at all. Is extremely repetitive and gets old fast. You will fight in the same 4 or 5 very small maps over and over again with the only changes being more bullet spongy enemies. Not even the enemy spawn is randomized to make it a little bit more bearable. Its always the same thing over and over again.
>>
>>343304789
So it doesn't have local? If so, fucking pass then. Disappointing.
>>
>>343304027

Yeah it was shitty but you only saw that in the Leon campaign in the first mission. The rest of the game did not have that.
>>
RE:R2 is like 100 dolars on the long run with all it's fucking chapters.
RE5 is a more polished RE4 but the levels and the history aren't so good.
Get RE5
>>
>>343305107
You can always use hamachi
>>
>>343305170
well that's good to know the rest of the game doesn't have that shit, but putting it in there up front like that made me not even want to bother with the rest of the game.
>>
>>343305329
I want to play the new PS4 version with the Mercenaries rosters combined into one. Don't care enough to nigger rig it on two PCs.
>>
>>343303506
Maybe if the hardware wasn't obsolete trash.
>>
>>343303506
but it's rated higher on older hardware. The only difference is the hardware, so obviously if the game is worse on PS4, that means the PS4 is worse than the PS3, which is just sad.
>>
Resident Evil 5 is garbage, 6 is better.

The only thing that 5 has that's better, is better bosses.
>>
>>343306305
lol
>>
>>343306305
Better level design
Better enemies
Better characters
Better story
Better mercenaries roster
Nothing wrong with its controls

RE6 just has god like controls and worse everything else.
>>
>>343306540
>Better level design
>Better enemies
Rehashed mostly from RE4

>Better story
Not by much

>Better mercenaries roster
But worse mercenaries overall

Not that guy though, I think RE5 is really good still.
>>
>/v/ says RE6 gameplay is bad
>/v/ says MGSV gameplay is bad
/v/ is just a bunch of retarded kids together in one place, the worst board in this site except for /b/
>>
>>343306540

>Better level design

Debatable, I'm inclined to agree with you though, because we did see a lot of Africa.

>Better enemies

Absolutely not. J'Avo were much better than Majini. More mutations, more intelligent, and more variety. Random combat mutations+chrysalids made 6 have much better enemies. All you're doing in 5 is killing braindead niggers.

>Better characters

Sheva's terrible, but so is Helena. Piers alone bumps up 6 over 5.

>Better story

Not even going there.

>Better mercenaries roster

5's roster is anemic compared to 6.

>Nothing wrong with controls

5 had such a bad inventory system it makes 6 look like a masterpiece.
>>
>>343306916
when did anyone say MGSV's gameplay was bad?
>>
>>343292810
Raid mode in REv2 sucked. The story is alright, but all around RE5 is the better package.
>>
>>343304789
>why would a console game have local co-op?
What the hell? If not consoles, then what? Washing machines?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.