[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Technology in games that still blow you away. I went back and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: BWday2003.jpg (76 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
BWday2003.jpg
76 KB, 800x600
Technology in games that still blow you away.

I went back and played this recently. The AI is mostly fucking retarded. But the depth of the system of teaching is incredible. Why haven't there been more instances of a learning AI? Why did the very next game in this series fuck it all up? What a shame, such potential.
>>
Because teaching an AI to do stuff isnt very fun.
>>
File: blackandwhite.png (6 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
blackandwhite.png
6 KB, 251x201
>>343269952
>But the depth of the system of teaching is incredible.

I love that game but what do you mean by this? you slap him when he does right and pet him when he does wrong.
>>
It always annoyed me how slowly the creature in b&w1 developed relative to the pace of the rest of the game.
Especially since it would even regress if left to its own devices.
>>
>>343270048
He'd also observe your actions, and imitate you, to a decent degree of complexity.
>>
>>343270215
http://www.wischik.com/lu/senses/bwcreature.html
This gives a decent overview of its depth and nuances
>>
>>343269952
I had a surprising amount of fun with the game, despite the fact that the 'goos' pets always looked gay as fuck and keeping a creature neutral was pretty much impossible.

But honestly, I never noticed the great AI, I was too busy micromanaging the fucking buildings so I simply slapped a good leash on my pet and let him water the fields/woods because people ALWAYS NEEDED MORE FOOD OR HUTS.
>>
>tfw molyneux made godus instead of b&w 3
I heard Lionhead wanted to make a dark and gritty R rated fable but it got canned so they made that shitty f2p fable spin off which ended up being canned after development was pretty much finished. The fuck happened? lionhead used to be amazing...
>>
>>343270538
oh and now some of the former devs are working on a fucking fable card game.
>>
File: gstla.jpg (202 KB, 538x640) Image search: [Google]
gstla.jpg
202 KB, 538x640
Mind reads blown my mind
>tfw it's just extra dialogs for every NPC
>>
>>343270620
There are now more Fable spinoffs than numbered Fable titles. What a fucking crock of shit. How can someone in charge of a development team be so incredibly blind?

>>343270626
I used to mind read literally everyone just to see what happened. Such a cool mechanic.
>>
>>343270048
Because of situations in which you can slap and pet him are varied. In the sequel, you have all instances in which the AI can respond to input accessible at the start. It's technically speaking better, but the charm in the first title was putting together the situation and eliciting the correct response. It was more advanced, I am told, and I could tell after spending time tinkering with it. It's rudimentary, but there's more depth than 2.
>>
>>343271034
i never really realized this
>>
>tfw B&W 3 never ever
hold me
>>
>>343272940
You will NEVER play multiplayer B&W with your bro and link your civs together to chain-worship a huge miracle blast and obliterate profane gods.

Why even live
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.