[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't it about time your learned how to play a real guitar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 812LUGxtqGL._SL1500_.jpg (221 KB, 1100x433) Image search: [Google]
812LUGxtqGL._SL1500_.jpg
221 KB, 1100x433
Isn't it about time your learned how to play a real guitar instead of that kiddie guitar hero shit ?
>>
File: 1465478663005.gif (930 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1465478663005.gif
930 KB, 270x270
I play Rocksmith but I hit a wall and I can't catch those high note transitions in a song.
>>
>>343268368
What do you mean? bending the high notes ?

Don't worry man, it gets easier by the day from what I'm experiencing. I even stopped looking at the guitar tbqhfam
>>
>>343268606
I suck at higher frets and any string higher than blue.

Thanks for the morale boost. I like playing from time to time.
>>
File: 1464975614520.webm (3 MB, 394x700) Image search: [Google]
1464975614520.webm
3 MB, 394x700
>>343268763
The guitar is just like a computer keyboard. First you keep on looking at it to hit the right key and when a year or two goes by, you'll have no problem whatsoever hitting the right ones without looking.
>>
>>343268150
I've been trying to play a real guitar but my low E string keeps buzzing.
>>
I've played real guitar for 10 years but I suck at this game.
>>
File: 1280x720.jpg (414 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720.jpg
414 KB, 1280x720
Playing the bass in Iron Maiden tracks is so much fun.
My skill got really good and I´d like to join a band now but can´t find one.
>>
I wonder how a Rocksmith drum mode would work. Would they simply use MIDI drum kits or is there a way to pick things up from a real kit?
>>
>>343272473
my band needs a bassist
we arent a band. we barely play together and dont know any full songs.
>>
>tfw i can play ttfaf on expert and on a real guitar

What now faggot?
>>
I can play a game and also have zero interest in picking up what the game is about. Games are for fun and don't have to be tied to my creative hobbies.
>>
>>343272772
but the game has like a shit ton of lessons and a jam band .
that was the only reason i bought it plus it's nice to have dat CDLC
>>
>>343273016
Again, if I wanted to learn guitar, I would, but I don't want to, I just like rhythm games.
Activision unfortunately flooded and subsequently killed off the western market years ago and we still haven't recovered.
>>
>>343272635
Holy Wars on real guitar
>>
File: 181-G-chord-big[1].gif (5 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
181-G-chord-big[1].gif
5 KB, 200x300
I've mastered almost every chord, but this one still causes me problems.
>>
I ve never taught people really learnt playing guitar from this "game"
>>
>>343275408
I don't see the point in playing a D on the B string when B is part of the chord already. I usually just use 1, 2, and 4 for a G chord.
>>
>Try to learn guitar
>Can only play In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
>Try to learn Banjo
>Can only play Tetris theme and various parts of Modest Mouse songs
>Try to learn Drums
>Realize I have no rythym
>Try to learn bass
>easy as fuck
Guess I'm sticking with this
>>
>>343275879
Guitarists say it's nothing like playing the guitar and often have a much harder time with it since it's so different.
>>
will I get anything out of this game if I'm already good as fuck at guitar
>>
>>343276431
Me neither, really. The game itself can't even tell the difference. In fact, I'll play a barre version of G and it can't even tell the difference between that and an open G.
>>
>>343276662
What this guy said

I have technique down pat but was wondering if this makes the theory easier
>>
>>343268150
>Isn't it about time your learned how to play a real guitar instead of that kiddie guitar hero shit ?

I live in an apartment with paper thin walls. My neighbor got a noise complaint for cooking too loudly in the early afternoon. No way I could get away with playing a guitar.

Like an idiot I bought this anyway because it was on sale. And I'm never gonna play it. Fug
>>
>>343277976
Not really. The lessons don't cover much music theory.
It is good if you want to memorize chords and scale patterns, or if you just want to jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxym24MAvlw

That's session mode. You can pick a preset and just start right away, or you can change backing instruments, root key, scale, BPM, etc.
>>
>>343278175
You can still use Rocksmith. Just plug headphones into your console or PC.
>>
>>343278403
If cooking is too loud then an unamplified guitar probably is too unless you put effort into not playing loud

just tell the neighbor to fuck off or something
>>
>>343278175
>what are headphones
>>
I've been playing guitar on and off for the last 10 years and I've never learned music with solos. This game really showed me how bad I am at guitar. I can do everything else perfectly fine but I play like a retard when it comes to anything fast on the higher up frets.
>>
>>343278403
>>343279064
Yeah this is basically the problem, the strings make noise even if it's not plugged in to an amp. I mean I can hear clear as a bell when the guy next to me sneezes. Really my best option is to find somewhere else to practice I guess.

Anyway the game seems really cool
>>
I can play guitar. It isn't fun for me, personally. I much prefer fake plastic instruments with a scoring system.
>>
I want to get into this game, but i dont know shit about guitars.
Where can i find a cheap guitar that works with the game, that i could throw away if i decide that i suck too much to play?
>>
I'm ready to install uplay for this game but i can't find the fucking cable anywhere. I'd have to get the ps4 or xbone version just for the cable.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.