[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the make video games again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>>
*they

>in before grammar mistake jokes

My bad
>>
>>343267084
they are pretty much obligated to now with the success of uncharted 4

unfortunately they set the bar so high for themselves they cant possibly make a new hit
>>
>>343267084
when Neil Druckmann stops being so fucking pretentious
>>
Wtf happened to companies with diverse teams which made radically different games from one another? Nowadays every game dev just commit themselves to one style of game and milk it till it runs dr., Naughty Dog could still make their Hollywood wannabe shit like Uncharted/TLOU and still easily make stuff like Crash on the side with a small team.
>>
>>343267874
>Wtf happened to companies with diverse teams which made radically different games from one another? Nowadays every game dev just commit themselves to one style of game and milk it till it runs
This was never the case with Naughty Dog though. Naughty Dog has never made more than one game at a time, and they've always milked their series until they decided they were done with it.
>>
Only delusional nostalgia fags think Jak and Daxter was better than Uncharted/TLOU

At least Crash was relevant
>>
>>343268071
>"I have never played any Jak game, but I can't miss my chance to be contrarian"
The Jak games were nothing like the Uncharted/TLOU games at all, there's no good reason to compare them.
>>
>>343268071

The Jak sequels were a mixed bag but Jak 1 was a solid 10/10
>>
They just released one last month or so.
>>
>>343268071
Jak 1 was their magnum opus.
>>
>>343268071
>at least crash was relevant
What does that even mean
>>
How many devs work there that'v worked there since crash and/or jak?
>>
very nice meme my friend, it provided me just the laugh I was looking for!
>>
>>343268656
That's easy

Crash Bandicoot was the face of Playstation during the PS1 era and it's what got Naughty Dog discovered

Uncharted was the biggest exclusive franchise for Sony during the PS3 era. Also on PS4 it was the fastest selling First party game in Playstation history. Uncharted made Naughty Dog big

The Last of Us is one of the most well reviewed games of all time. TLOU made Naughty Dog respected

Jak and Daxter while still being a nice franchise it was like the 3rd best of the Sony platformers during the PS2 era and that's not even including what was on Gamecube, Dreamcast and Xbox. Jak and Daxter did very little for Naughty Dog, which is why there is very little chance they will make another one
>>
I dunno man. I was a huge fan of Uncharted 1 and 2, but 3 was such a misstep that it's unbelievable. 4 felt like such a cash grab to me... I made it to the "open world" section riding around in a jeep and couldn't stand playing it anymore.
>>
>>343270408
> but 3 was such a misstep that it's unbelievable
This honestly. People give Uncharted shit for being another cinematic shooter but the one thing that puts it above the rest for me is the characters, which they fucked up in 3.
>>
File: 1466753533455s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1466753533455s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>343267084
When it becomes more profitable then their on rails Indiana Jones knock-offs
>>
>>343268071
>>343268856
>>>/NeoGAF/
>>
They still do and they're better than ever. Crash was just a meme series that nostalgiafags trick themselves into thinking was good because their parents couldn't afford a Nintendo 64
>>
>>343267084
Not unless someone gets fired, and better people are hired in their place.
>>
>>343267171
You apologized.

I accept.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.