[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Mario RPG heads to Wii U NA eShop Today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
It will be $7.99, and I'm sure if you bought it from the original Wii, it will trigger the discount for around $1.50 for the Wii U version.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-mario-rpg-legend-of-the-seven-stars-wii-u
>>
>buying easy to emulate games on a console that's going to die next year
Still I won't stay totally bitter, this is sorta neat.
>>
Thanks for the heads up, anon.
>>
Is this game good? People seem to jizz in their pants all the time over it or is just nostalgia?
>>
>>343264834
There's also the fact that you can hack your Wii U right now and get it for free. Even get a version that has proper widescreen support.
>>
If you already bought it on the Wii, it should be free on the Wii U. What kind of fucking jew just gives you a discount of $1.50 if you already purchased it for a system that the Wii U is backwards compatible with?
>>
But I already own the game on Super Nintendo.
>>
I've heard it's good. Maybe I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>343264834
I have several roms of various types, an NA physical copy, a JP physical, and bought it on the WIi VC. I will always support this game, 100% of the time.
>>
My shitty phone emulated this game perfectly and there are niggers paying $8 for it? Even rebuying it?
>>
>>343264851
It's the best Mario rpg. Paper Mario and Paper Mario on Gamecube are overrated.

That feel when there will never be another Mario rpg title as good as Super Mario RPG.
>>
>>343264851
Little bit of both. The game's got a lot of love put into it and is especially good if you played lots of Mario games before it.
>>
File: 70hT1gd.png (646 KB, 690x677) Image search: [Google]
70hT1gd.png
646 KB, 690x677
>>343264893
You're paying literally a dollar to have the choice to play it on Wii U with gamepad support, a Miiverse community to post in-game screenshots, and the ease of not having to go into backward compatiblity mode. It's all right there.

I own the game on Super Nintendo physically, and on the Wii Virtual Console, but I won't mind spending the price of a fucking McChicken to have it on my Wii U.

> Here is to hoping the NX transfers all digital VC purchases
>>
>>343265230
This. Support the game, YOU'RE the Jew if you can't shell out dollar menu price for an amazing classic game.
>>
>>343265230
What are you going to do when you have to pay for those games again on the NX virtual console? What are you going to do when you have hundreds of virtual console games and a new console comes out that requires you to pay for those games again?
>>
>>343265351
>Supporting modern nintendo
>Or NoA at all
Kek get fucked i'll hack it twice
>>
>>343265230
But it's the same game in a digital format just available on the subsequent platform that is backwards compatible with the system that you bought it on. If they don't transfer Wii U, 3DS, and/or Wii purchases of the same fucking rom, they sure as hell will force you to re-buy them again on the nx.
>>
>why aren't you supporting a partnership that no longer exists
>why aren't you paying money for my complete delusion of Nintendo working with modern Squeenix and making a sequel
>>
>>343265482
Oy, you got that right! Better to save a shekel than support the goy, my boy. L'chaim!
>>
File: 34324352.jpg (35 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
34324352.jpg
35 KB, 330x330
>buy it on the Wii
>it isn't instantly free on all Nintendo consoles in the future

No thank you.
>>
File: 1458967111754.jpg (17 KB, 421x399) Image search: [Google]
1458967111754.jpg
17 KB, 421x399
I made this thread to inform you all - but as usual 4Chan, you make everything about yourself because you're all insecure as fuck.

Have your period somewhere else, please.
>>
>>343265905
>you make everything about yourself because you're all insecure as fuck
>I made this thread
>>
>>343265939
You're missing the part where I made this thread just to literally tell you all something. I apologize for contributing.
>>
>>343264851
It's just nostalgia.

Like, the game is genuinely the worst Mario RPG there is. Even worse than shit like PiT.
>>
>>343265870
>Nintendo are still the only one of the big three to not have cross-buy across their consoles

Literally no excuse except greed.
>>
Seeing as Nintendo expects you to re-buy all of your digital shit every couple of years when a new system is out, why would you EVER want to fucking buy their shit if it's just going to be phased out within a couple years? If the NX is digitally backwards compatible with the Wii U, who wants to bet that they will force you to re-buy the "NX-version" of all of the DLC that you already bought as well?
>>
>no cross-buy
>no simultaneous N3DS release
>Murrican version delayed for absolutely no reason
>NX will most likely have VC and you'll have to pay for it again
>>
>>343265905
Go shill Nintendo somewhere else faggot.
>>
>>343264719
>7.99

Let me guess, rare ROM???
>>
>>343265230
>with gamepad support
>not even wide-screen
>a Miiverse community
>quality posts and art drowned out by children and roleplaying
Not having to access the Wii menu is the only positive and for that, you could just play on a Wii.
>>
>>343265664
I like how the jew meme got widespread.

Anyway just popping in to say i'm not buying it ya silly goy.
>>
>>343265230
>gamepad support is a feature that requires 1.50 to enable

It's streaming off the box, it's literally an output switch. Why the fuck are they charging for this?
>>
>>343264882
Why the fuck would you want widescreen on an SNES game?
>>
>>343266297
You know why does this Rom thing only pop up with nintendo VC releases and not anything by Sony or Microsoft. Or 75% of the content on steam? Hell, Half the playstation store is just PS1 roms.
>>
>>343266828
>why does this Rom thing only pop up with nintendo VC releases and not anything by Sony or Microsoft
because the latter drop in price or go on sale
suikoden is normally ten smackaroos but it drops to $2 during frequent sales
meanwhile amazing mirror is $8 with missing features and then you have stuff like earthbound for more than any other SNES game, and if there's a sale you get a whopping two dollars off
it's like ninty's jew answer to PS+ or LIVE
>>
>>343266828
Because you get can get the full Tomb Raider PS1 roms for 4.99 and less often due to sales.

Meanwhile one game is 8 bucks on Nintendos and it's only for the console you bought it on, despite sometimes being sold on up to 3.
>>
>>343266828
Because Playstation Store doesn't charge 8 dollars for PS1 roms.
>>
>>343267047
>E3 SALE
>40% two Zelda games for GBC
>My Nintendo members don't even get 50% off, they get 40% then 10% of that
>>
So how will NoA censor it?
>>
>>343265230
>spicy chicken sandwhich is now $1.50

WHAT?

then again I eat at del taco on thursdays
>>
>>343267725
They won't.
I'm surprised they aren't charging $9.99 like they did for Earthbound though.
>>
>>343266161
This. Nintendo still can't do online properly. The Wii U's $1.50 VC price fucked over people who invested in hundreds of VC games on the Wii, and the games still aren't tied to a universal account system so people have to keep re-buying the same games.

I shouldn't have to re-purchase Super Mario Bros. every single time I buy a Nintendo product. I should be able to purchase it once and have it available for me to play at the launch of any future Nintendo system I buy.
>>
>>343267445
No, it's usually closer to $10 or $15.
>>
>>343264719
Meh, I have a softmodded WIi hooked to a big ass CTR with a mayflash adapter to play with snes and nes games, it may not beat playing on SNES but it's better than paying for roms.
>>
Yeah, here can only hope a future update will allow cross buying.

If they can offer discounts on Wii U if you have shit on Wii VC, what's stopping them from doing the same with 3DS?

I got Metroid and the original Legend of Zelda on my 3DS. Why do you still want me to pay full price to have them on the Wii U? You'd offer me a discount at least if I had them on the Wii VC... So... What the fuck?
>>
>Buy a rom
>Have to buy it again to use on the newest console

Is there a company more merchant than Nintendo?
>>
>makes you buy literally all of your games a second time just to play them on a new console
>sales NEVER EVER on their games or are minimal as fuck
>can almost never be arsed to make game compilations of their work
>introduced amiibos to the world
>removed Swap Note
>Friend Codes because usernames and accounts are just too scary :(
>handhelds are always grossly underpowered pieces of shit
>constantly makes one blunder of the century after the next
>most of its franchises are either discontinued or are shells of their former selves
>even in their infancy, they were damn near a monopoly in the vidya industry

Fuck man, so this is what it feels like to be redpilled. It's like rooting for the hero that was really the villain all along.
>>
Is there anything even worth buying on the wii u eshop?
>>
>>343264719
Or I could just play it on my 3DS for free.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.