[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it overrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: vice-city.jpg (158 KB, 761x1080) Image search: [Google]
vice-city.jpg
158 KB, 761x1080
Is it overrated?
>>
Gameplay hasn't aged well just like 3 and SA, but the soundtrack is god tier.
>>
Not really
>>
>>343259196

No, I still play it pretty often.
>>
>>343259196
You had to be there Anon.
>>
Not at all. It's the perfect GTA
>>
>>343259303
>just like 3 and SA
>3 and SA
>and SA
>SA
fuck outta here
>>
>>343259303
It's fine until you hit water, then it starts showing age
>>
>>343259196

If you grew up in the 80s, it was like stepping into a time machine. The music, the media, the fashions, the cars, but was just and incredible setting for a game and was so well executed. That's before we even get to the game play itself.

The only thing that would have made it better would have been the game options (like clothes and car mods), abilities (climbing, swimming, planes) and sheer size of SA, but even without those VC is just about a perfect game.
>>
San Andreas is way more overrated
I'd say V is underrated at least on /v/
VC deserves all the praise it gets
>>
>>343261447
I'm not sure SA is overrated, but I do think it loses it's way a bit when it stops being "Boys In The Hood" ands comes up with UFOs and massive conspiracies.
>>
>>343260916
I'm sick, and tired of modern games, and their water is good propoganda.Humans were never meant to swim.
>>
File: angry_red_pepe.png (40 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
angry_red_pepe.png
40 KB, 200x200
>I STILL can't get past that fucking copland mission

It takes every ounce of willpower I have to not throw my controller at the tv.

Fuck that goddamn mission.

>inb4 git gud
Fuck that mission in it's fat fucking ass with a bat wrapped in barbwire.
>>
The missions and map are still fine, but I just stop having fun after *** when the game world become Spikestrip City
>>
File: 1332334883954.gif (2 MB, 333x194) Image search: [Google]
1332334883954.gif
2 MB, 333x194
I think it's perfectly rated. Some people say that it's their favorite gta game, others prefer san andreas. I think it's a really good game and it's generally thought of as such.

How well it has aged, however, is another question. With the massive influx of "massive" sandbox games lately; you really notice the size of vice city if you were to play it today.

I would say that the story still holds up to modern standard and I can think of no games that has managed to capture the feel of miami as well as this.
>>
>>343261965
U SOFT BOII GIT GUD LMFAOO
>>
>>343261965

Man I thought I was the only one who hated that fucking mission.
>>
>>343262205
>With the massive influx of "massive" sandbox games lately; you really notice the size of vice city if you were to play it today.
Which actually makes the game better. It is small enough to not suffer from too much wasted space as most modern sandbox games do. The only annoyance with the map was the load screen going from one side to the other.
>>
>mfw trying to beat vice city
>mfw demolition man mission with laptop controls
>mfw can't even play vice city anymore because I get triggered from a time when I got massively sick from eating expired garlic butter and shrimp during my first playthrough and it reminds me of it
>>
>>343259303
SA is much much better in terms of gameplay, its still aged but far better than VC. I'd still say VC is worth it though. I played through III, VC, and SA just last year and they still hold up fairly well.

Damn shame about patches on the steam version getting rid of some songs in each game due to their licenses running out.
>>
>>343259303
I still play and enjoy SA m8.
It's still the best GTA to date in terms of gamplay.

Vice City had the best setting and soundtrack.
>>
>>343261965
I actually had to look up what this mission was. I didn't realize people could actually have trouble with this mission. It was just a quick forgettable mission to me. Getting two cops to follow you was simple enough, and outrunning cops in VC never really seemed like a challenge to me. Its not like your car blows up after 3 bumps like in GTA3.
>>
>>343263013
Same happened to me; I picked up III, VC, and SA for really cheap during a sale like 4 years ago on steam. Had to put it down due to Demolition Man, but you just have to mess around with the controls a little, kill all of the construction workers before you plant a single bomb (when you set a bomb is when you first get timed), practice flying around if you need to before the timer starts.
>>
>>343259196
No.

I mean parts of it haven't aged well, but presentation, soundtrack, VA, story, locations, missions, art design are all top notch god tier.
>>
>>343263013
Why not just use a controller?
>>
>>343263221
>patching away content
I call bullshit.
>>
>>343264060
Don't underestimate the jews anon, and they did take out some songs out of VC and SA
>>
>>343261795
>Humans were never meant to swim
Agreed but VC would have benefitted from insta death being a result of pushing your luck in water rather than botching a stunt jump or cop chase.

Overall though, fuck water in vidya. Morrowind traumatised me for life with the dreugh, their fucking shrieks and tentacles
>>
Yes.
3, San Andreas, and even VCS are way better.
>>
>>343264060

It wasn't a patching [problem, but some songs weren't included on rereleases because of licencing.
>>
>>343265172
They literally patched it out on Steam. You can revert it with a simple 3rd party tool, though.
>>
>>343259196

For some reason, failing a mission in early GTAs feels very tedious. It's not just about "git gud". It's about the fact that often missions can be failed before you even know it, and when you restart them, you have to do all their tedious parts.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.