[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hell does everyone say that heavy weapons are shit in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
Why the hell does everyone say that heavy weapons are shit in DaS3?

I made a new file in this game after sucking so much shit with fast weapons like dark sword and dying a billion times to everything, and I decided to say fuck it and transpose Vordt's Great Hammer.

This thing has been absolutely demolishing both every boss and enemy in the game, and every human player I end up fighting. I killed the weak ass guy with Morne's in two hits too so I'll probably end up using that but for now, I'm at Cathedral and nothing has stood a tiny chance

What's with the heavy weapon hate?
>>
>>343257085
its not that they're shit, they're just outclassed by straight swords for pve.
>>
File: PS_Messages_20160629_232904.jpg (538 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PS_Messages_20160629_232904.jpg
538 KB, 1920x1080
I just started DS3 and got the weeaboo sword.

It's way worse than the shitty default dagger.
>>
>>343257584
Washing pole is gud though if you want to be weebmode
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 359x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 359x305
>>343257085
>warcry ax slide
>>
>>343257085

Heavies are fine if you know what you're doing. You just can't play like you used to be able to in 1+2 due to the rework of poise.

Where in 1+2 you could stack poise and swing with a heavy weapon and just tank any hits that came in during that swing, you can't in 3. In 3 you have a window of poise tied to the weapon animation. You have old level ignore shit poise near the end of the hit, and none for the first bit. So you can't just R1 spam your way through, but its still fine if you git gud.

It was a big change from 1+2, with both the removal of poise and the overall speeding up of enemies a lot of people were punished by bad habits formed by relying on poise tanking. Me included.
>>
>>343260023
Hammers are exempt from this change though because of their Weapon Art, which basically gives old poise in addition to taking less damage.

That's why Hammers are the only good heavy
>>
File: flamberge.png (12 KB, 188x281) Image search: [Google]
flamberge.png
12 KB, 188x281
>that weapon they say is shit but you destroy everyone with
>>
>>343260271

How long does it last. I started on a Caestus run but got bored. I remember the weapon art being basically useless though because the window was so tiny you might as well try and swing instead.
>>
>>343260775
I forget, but it's best on Morne's because it also sends out a shockwave in addition to the poise and gives you some extra fun time as a result.
>>
Heavy weapons can be good, it's just that smaller weapons outclass them in almost every way. Only real advantage is reach, but as long as you're fine with getting close you should always outdamage heavier weapons.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.