[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Wii U a worthwhile console? I know it's considered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Wii-U.jpg (86 KB, 1280x832) Image search: [Google]
Wii-U.jpg
86 KB, 1280x832
Is the Wii U a worthwhile console? I know it's considered the failure of this generation and that NX is on it's way )whatever it is). I just want to play some fun games, I'm sick of Xbone/PS4 edgy faggot games.

Is the internet still free or have they made a membership sort of thing like Xbox/PS4?

Also, why is the fucking thing STILL $300? after all the poor sales? what the fuck Nintendo?
>>
Pls respond...
>>
>>343254028
Unless you like Mario, Kirby, etc it's not that worthwhile.

It's still 300 dollars because they know lowering the price at this point won't increase sales much so they're just milking the people who do buy it.
>>
>>343254579
I do like Mario and Kirby.
>>
>>343254028
Depends what kind of games you like and if you have friends to play smash and kart, I have spent a ridiculous amount of hours on Splatoon, Mario Maker, Bayo 2, W101 and MonHun. To me it has been money well spent but i can see why most people will avoid it.
>>
>>343254028
Have had a lot of fun with it. Definitely play a wider variety of games on my Wii U than on other systems. They have a lot to offer in different genres and of course you get Nintendo's level of shine on the first party titles.

Great system for local multiplayer as well if you are into racing, hack and slash, and party games.
>>
Whats the Virtual Console selection like on Wii U? 3DS is mostly all garbage.
>>
File: 1440098489502.jpg (174 KB, 750x938) Image search: [Google]
1440098489502.jpg
174 KB, 750x938
>>343254028
Just get it used or something
I bought one off craigslist for like $200 (32gb, came with Mario Kart 8 and 2 wiimotes) and that was a year or so ago so you can probably get it even cheaper now with more bundled

Most of the worthwhile titles are exclusives like Splatoon, Bayo 2, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, etc.

Having friends to play with as >>343254973 pointed out gives the purchase more justification. I've (surprisingly) had quite a bit of fun with Sm4sh and Kart 8 with friends
>>
>>343254028
I love my Wii U, I use it a lot more than my PS4. I bought it for myself for Christmas 2015 and already have 46 games for it, not including Virtual Console titles. Definitely worth it.
>>
>>343254028
nah its not a worthwhile console and its already dead.
>>
>>343255764
I assume you are American:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_U_(North_America)
>>
>>343256005
Wrong how about you shut up faggot.
>>
>>343256005
>not a worthwhile console
Lies
>Its already dead
Still has a few more games in it yet:
>Zelda
>Paper Mario
>Minecraft
>Lego Star Wars
>Just Dance 2017
To name a few, nothing spectacular though. It already has a pretty solid library.
>>
>>343256073
Neat, does Nintendo publish which games are slated for release on 3DS on their site or something?

We're finally getting SNES titles but it's a fucking trickle.
>>
>>343254028
It have like 10 great games and 20 alright games. That mean around 30 games if you're not picky and just want to have fun. If you've never played the Wii then there's as much games worth playing.
>>
>>343254028
Nab yourself a good sized SD card and all you'll ever have to pay for is the console. And the SD card obviously.
>>
>>343256086
>how dare you criticize the wii u!
chill out drone

>>343256340
why even list the 3 multiplats? paper mario color splash looks like shit and zelda might be good i guess
>>
>>343256962
>why list multiplats
They are coming to the Wii U are they not? I don't see why they shouldn't be listed for people who are in to that stuff.

Zelda will be the last game for the console and I think it will be great send off.
>>
>>343255764
You can hack the Wii U and inject your own ROMs in the virtual console to play almost every past Nintendo game from NES to NDS
>>
>>343254028
It's the only consoles with actual games this gen.
>>
>>343257282
Do ROMs work with the gamepad?
>>
>>343256340
>Zelda
I love my Wii U, but if the rumors are true and it does end up being a launch title for the NX there's no reason to buy it on Wii U.
>>
>>343257926
Yes they do
>>
>>343256590

why's that? good hacking scene?
>>
>>343259495

disagree.

knowing Nintendo, it'll run at 30fps on both.

nx won't have a worthwhile game until the next smash comes out, might as well just buy the Wii u for cheap once the nx drops.
>>
File: bloodbornenever.jpg (198 KB, 708x955) Image search: [Google]
bloodbornenever.jpg
198 KB, 708x955
>>343257405
It has the same number of games as PS4 due to XBCX
>>
>>343261597
>nx won't have a worthwhile game until the next smash comes out
It launches with Legend of Sky: Breath of the Rim. And no there's no reason to get the Wii U version since it will run worse
>>
>>343254028
Recently it was fully hacked so it's really easy to play pirated games on. For that fact alone i'd go for it. There's only about 4 worthwhile games on it but since it's hacked you can play some of the other ones that wouldn't be worth a purchase normally.

Plus you don't have to support nintendo by buying the games for making another comparatively weak gimmick console that scared away prospective third parties and releasing generally mediocre games on it.
>>
>>343262219
Edgy
>>
>>343261908
>there's no reason to get the wii u version since it will run worse

Source. Nintendo hasn't released official specs for the NX and all mentions of it's power are just speculative. It could be a tablet console for all we know.

And buying a new console exclusively for a port of a game that can be played on the previous console is overall a pretty bad strategy.
>>
>>343254028
wait for a price drop.
>>
>>343254028
>A worthwhile console
Of course, it has amazing games.
>At $300
Nah, it IS at the end of the life cycle. I'd wait for a price drop or buy it used.
>>
>>343262219
It'd be very hard for Nintendo to get a console third party games would be acceptable on. Think about it, if they went for power, Sony and MS would view that as totally unacceptable that NINTENDO of all companies is beating out their "SUPERCHARTED PCS" and would release another SKKKorpio or neo to jump ahead of Nintendo again. And there's no way people will buy third party games for the console unless it is at least on par with Sony and MS' offerings because no one wants to play the "worst" version of a game like HamBam ArkHam City with all that pop in
>>
>>343262446
They've already mentioned somewhere the visuals will "LOOK DIFFERENT" on the NX, which in Nintendo parlance probably means higher res since Nintendo doesn't seem to understand how resolution works yet, or at least they can't describe it.
>>
Wii U is a great console, that said, it's a bit late to be buying one, especially at the current price.

I got more than my times-worth out of my Wii U thanks to Nintendoland and Game & Wario alone, fucking amazing party games. literally played those two titles alone for the better part of a year at my weekly movie nights.
>>
With any luck, Nintendo will discover the wonder of remasters and just port any good games on Wii U to NX so no one needs "The U"
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.